The Ramblers

My tumble dryer doesnt have cycles. Just a timer and a high/low switch. The high/low switch is broken though, lol. Not sure if its on high or low, but they still take quite a while. I usually put them in for the longest which is an hour and a half. The bamboo ones are the worst, and i always worry they arent dry properly. It says on most nappies thyat you should tumble on a med heat. I dont bother tumbling the covers, just the inserts, which can be washed at up to 60degrees, so i presume you could tumblke them on that as well. If you have all in ones, or put the covers in, id say do it on a low heat, just to be ion the safe side. Just washing my flips over and over at the min to get them up to absorbancy. Cant wait to use them, lol.

Well done to Rhys on his rolling over. Finn did back to side a few times in the first week, but nothing really since. Think his belly gets in the way :rofl:

i might just leave the nappies to air dry and just tumble the inserts.

megan hasnt tried any! She shuffles around on her back but thats it!

Thats what i always do. The ones i have are all PUL with a thin fleece inside. The inside drys really quick if i lay them fleece side up. I just leave them over night and they are easily dry by morning.

I want your opinions guys, lol. There are a job lot of shoes on EBay. 73 pairs, just down the road from me. All new. They are mens/womens all different stykes and sizes. I was thinking about buying them and selling them on seperately (After taking out any i like of course, lol. How much do you think i should bid. Have to bear in mind any1 buying will have to pay up to a fiver P&P, so they will want to pay slightly less for them.

Heres the link:
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200518619365&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

You want to try and get them for no more than £4 i would say. some of them do look good!

I was thinking i could make a little bit of profit for crimbo. As it stand they are under £2 a pair, and from the pics, there are some nice shoes there. I thought if i whack in £200 last minute, then im paying up to £2.74 per pair. Seems easy enough to make that back, but then you have to weigh up all the other expenses such as ebay fees, postage fees and any extra packaging needed. To get my money back id put an extra 15p for packaging, postage would cost up to 4.99 per pair. Ebay fees anything from 20p. So then people would have to pay around £8 for the shoes inc delivery just to get my money back. Some of the littler shoes i could get away with about £5 cos postage would be cheaper. I suppose i can list them for free so long as i incorporate any costs into postage fees, then put them as 99p start price which is free. That way i cant sell them at a loss either. I can sell some to family and friends, and maybe some at car boots, that way no1 has to pay out p&p and i can make a bigger profit. I probably wont even win them, lol. But i do like a new project. Mind you i always moan i never get to sit down. Photographing and listing 73 pairs of shoes will take bloody ages, lol.

Ooh yeh i forgot we have an Ebay expert amongst us :D

Evening ladies!

Gem, that all sounds very confusing to me!

Jess, if i was to start an ebay business, do i have to keep books to pay tax and stuff?

Missy, yay for rhys rolling over! A has been rolling front to back loads recently - he thinks it's a game when i put him on his tummy haha

Oh yeah... don't tumble dry anything with PUL in - you'll kill your nappies!

Lol, Im just trying to make sure i know how much id have to sell for to make a profit and weighing up whether people would pay that, along with the p&p. Hopefully some will break even, and the nicer ones will make a profit. Just got to bear in mind as well, that no doubt a few of the pairs wont sell at all. I suppose with EBay free 99p listing there is no limit to how many times i can try sell each pair before i decide to quit, lol.

WHat kind of goodies you thinking of selling Jo? Ive started lookin for little bundles n bits from near by, saving on P&P then splitting them up and selling them on. I always pick on people who have crap cams and their pics come out hazy, lol. First lot im doing well on. Only sold 1 item so far, and ive covered the money the whole bundle cost me, lol.

Evening ladies!

Gem, that all sounds very confusing to me!

Jess, if i was to start an ebay business, do i have to keep books to pay tax and stuff?

Missy, yay for rhys rolling over! A has been rolling front to back loads recently - he thinks it's a game when i put him on his tummy haha

Yep unfortuantly! it a right pain in the backside!
Once you make over a grand then the tax man starts watching it so carn't get away with anything!

Whats pul mean??:blush:

How would you send them? if there lighter than 1kg you can send them 2nd class or theres standard parcel thats normally cheaper than 1st.

Aww i'm really worried now! i hope i haven't damaged them shes only wore them once!:cry:

Do you wait till the last minute gem to bid on things? thats what i always do!

Yeh. Wait till 30 secs is left, start countin down and put in the price on first page, then wait to confirm at 7 seconds left, lol.

PUL is polyursomething laminate i believe, lol. Its the plasticy cover on the outside. If they have been on a wool cycle then i imagine thats very cool. They can be washed up to 40 degrees, so im pretty sure they will be ok ubder that in a dryer. Id just avoid doing it in future.

Yeh i always send as cheap as poss, never first class, lol. I use the weight calculator on royal mail to see whats cheapest. I just weighed some of my shoes in a box they are 1.2kgs. The little shoes will go second class, and the rest parcels. Im just working it out at around the highest to make sure i cover my ass while working out a price to bid on em. Im gonna stick with £201.73 (Never a rounded price, hate to get outbid by someone putting in the same rounded price before me, lol.) We shall call it an Ebay experiment. I either make profit or i dont. If i manage to find 5 pairs of shoes in it which fit me, then i dont mind breaking even, lol. FREE SHOES!

PUL is the waterproof bit. They'll be ok jess, just after a while they'll leak!

Dunno what i could sell... electrical stuff probably!

Ooh im getting all excited now, lol. I do love an EBay auction!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->