The Ramblers

Is he on hungry milk? Maybe ask your HV what she advises.

A friend of mine started weaning at 9 weeks :O He was almost 11 lb at birth, and never stopped feeding. He slept through the night from day 1 of weaning, lol. No side effects apparently. Obv i would never advise somone to do the same was just a passing comment x

Is he on hungry milk? Maybe ask your HV what she advises.

A friend of mine started weaning at 9 weeks :O He was almost 11 lb at birth, and never stopped feeding. He slept through the night from day 1 of weaning, lol. No side effects apparently. Obv i would never advise somone to do the same was just a passing comment x

Yes he is on the hungry milk, ive not noticed a difference

Dont shout at me but I have just given him some rusk mushed up with his milk cos I gave him another bottle and he drained it again and cried.

he can eat it ok but I feel bad now

P.s he put on another lb so is 16lb 6

Lol i wouldnt shout at u :D Every1 keeps telling me to get him on the baby rice cos of his size. My reply is always he will get it when he needs it. If he was doing what rhys is then id cpnsider it. Its hard cos HV cant advise you outside of the guidelines. This is when you need a HV for a friend lol.

The thing is the Hv has told me not to give him more than 8oz so I dont know

What the hell....Thats confusing. Surely rhys is the only one who can tell you what is to much by chucking up all over you, lol. What id do is make up 2 bottles and let him feed till he is satisfied. If he throws up and is still not satisfied, then you know milk isnt enough for him.

I agree that i found the hungry baby milk doesnt make a difference x

To me baby rusks and rice is not proper weaning really

I am trying to fill him up not teaching him about tastes or textures

I know hun. You dont need to justify yourself to us :D I just dont get why the health visitor would say not to give over 8oz. Surely every baby is different and so is their stomach size. Whats the deal with 8oz??? Time to google, lol

Time to rant! The school is getting shouted at tomorrow! Just read Sams letters. It says the reading books they get have changed, but the levels are still the same, so children are still reading at the same level. It then goes on to say that a very few of the children are now free readers (Sam included), and can select a book from home/school library. Now this suggests to me that the new range of books they have only cover a certain range of reading abilities and dont cover those who are able to read higher than primary school level. Sam doesnt like reading, and so he will pick the laziest option possible. Its their bloody job to cater for all the pupils whatever their level, but they seem to think its acceptable to allow their reading to stagnate untill they reach highschool! Sam has 2 years before bloody highschool! Grrrrr! This is so not going to wash with me, lazy fuckers!

I know hun. You dont need to justify yourself to us :D I just dont get why the health visitor would say not to give over 8oz. Surely every baby is different and so is their stomach size. Whats the deal with 8oz??? Time to google, lol

Time to rant! The school is getting shouted at tomorrow! Just read Sams letters. It says the reading books they get have changed, but the levels are still the same, so children are still reading at the same level. It then goes on to say that a very few of the children are now free readers (Sam included), and can select a book from home/school library. Now this suggests to me that the new range of books they have only cover a certain range of reading abilities and dont cover those who are able to read higher than primary school level. Sam doesnt like reading, and so he will pick the laziest option possible. Its their bloody job to cater for all the pupils whatever their level, but they seem to think its acceptable to allow their reading to stagnate untill they reach highschool! Sam has 2 years before bloody highschool! Grrrrr! This is so not going to wash with me, lazy fuckers!

you tell em hun :hugs:

prob just another way of saving money

That's bad about the school, i'd be livid. At 7 i had the reading age of something ridiculous like 13 so they got new books for me!

Missy, i think mums know when their baby needs more than just milk! As long as it's nothing too hard to digest (which it isn't!) rhys will be fine. Just check sugar and salt contents on rusks because i think i read something bad about them but can't remember.

Bullshit isnt it! I almost took his school report back to school underlined in red pen! There were so many spelling mistakes and gramatical errors, it was disgusting! And they are supposed to be proof read twice. The funniest thing was at the end, Sams suggestions were to re-read his work on a regular basis to correct gramatical and punctuation errors! They have already had written complaints from most of the parents as they introduced a new morning routine for when the kids arrive at school. They no longer have a teacher in the playground, so pupils have to be accompanied untill 8:55 when they are allowed into school. Well on Friday it was pissing it down with rain, and the teachers would not let any of the children inside until 8:55! Lots of people told the head to stick her rules and took their children home, as they werent leaving them at school in soaking wet clothes for the day. Some of the kiddies are only 4 and it was their first week as well. Im thinking this new head teacher is going to get her self in a whole lot of shit with the parents, lol.

You can get sugar free rusks as well now. I read something also about someone saying no gluten or meat before 6 months. Obviously your not giving him steak, lol, but im not sure if they have gluten in or not?

That's it... gluten. Think it can cause allergies. And gluten is in a lot of stuff that they'd never be able to have!

They do have Gluten in them but they do say to use them as a first weaning food

You can get normal, reduced sugar and Wholegrain. I got the whole grain cos it still has the reduced sugar but more fibre

Here you go hun... just for info :)

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/startingsolids/gluten&babiesexpert/

maybe I will get him baby rice instead cos its less sweet, I will look into it

Here you go hun... just for info :)

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/startingsolids/gluten&babiesexpert/

Thanks dopey, I will deffo look at getting him something else
I just wanna give him a few spoonfuls of stuff to fill him up

Plus then I get to eat the rusks :winkwink:

Haha, my dad keeps asking meif its rusks time yet. He loves them x

I have just thought as most of our babies were late does that make a difference with the development

Apparently not, but i do find Finn is alot sturdier than most babies his age. Not sure if thats down to his size, lol. But with things like sitting up/holding his head, grabbing for things he seems more advanced x I would presume their bodies would be more developed as well.

my dads the same to with the rusks! Do they taste that good?! My mate has been told to feed her lo on baby rice he was 3 month when she started giving it him as he is a hungry baby aswell. Have a pop down and see the hv for advice. I dont understand why they would tell you not to give him more that 8oz! If hes hungry still surely he needs it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->