The Ramblers

afternoon!:wave: hope all is well! How you feeling jo the tablets working okay? Megans been a dream today shes had 2 naps without me havin to hold her! Thats a first! Think im over the growth spurt thank god! Now weve got the 4 month one to look forward to! When that happens i aint getting out of bed! Lol

Oh yay! That's great that Megan has been so brilliant for you... maybe you will get lots more days like this now :hugs:

Haha. Finn often wears cream and white, and people are forever calling him she. I nearly throttled my little cousin today when she asked when she could have a go with "it" Like he was some toy. SHe is only 11, but i mean come on, lol.

You will all think i'm awful for this...

When i first had albert i was so not used to thinking of him as a person that i used to sometimes accidentally hold him out to my mum and go 'can you hold that a second?' I'm so ashamed of it, i just couldn't get used to saying 'him'!

someone asked how he (megan!) was on wednesday to my oh (she was wearing a pink dress) my oh had a right barny at him! Lol scared the bloke (who was only a short arse!) as my oh was towering over him! (hes 6ft 6!) very over protective daddy! Lol

it is a big shock going from looking after yourself to having a demanding baby! When i was pregnant i always used to say it! Not she!

what are tots bots nappies like? And its 40.00 good for 5? They say you need to buy wraps for them. Will any wrap fit or do you have to get the same make?

Which tots bots are they? The fitteds (i.e. needing a wrap) tend to be quite reliable. I'd opt for a different wrap though as TB ones are boring ;) have a look in the nappy trade and sell in natural parenting - you might be able to get some preloved. I paid 60 pounds for 12 nappies and 2 wraps! There is also a wanted section where you can request some. If not, try clothnappytree.com

Just bear in mind that when megan grows out of them you'll need to buy more x

£40 for new ones or second hand? I wouldnt pay £40 second hand to be honest. I got 3 new ones for £11 new, including delivery. They were half price in a closing down sale. They are original ones though, so maybe you are looking at newer versions and they are more expensive. Jo knows more than me, lol.

The ones i have are like a terry toweling nappy, with a flap of terry toweling inside which is just like an insert, but is attatched at one end. If they are the same, then you also need a fleece liner, but you can make your own out of some fleece. I have that task to do toomorrow, lol. I bought a 120x150cm fleece from Asda for £2. Thats a lot of liners, lol. The fleece is because the material gets wet and stays wet next to their skin, but fleece doesnt hold moisture so it keeps their skin dry. They do need wraps as they dont have waterproof covers, so thats an extra expense to add to the £40. I got some motherease ones off of here 3 for about a fiver i think, so not bad. I also have some fleece wraps which im going to try out tomorrow night. The motherease ones are just like a plastic cover, so you can wipe it out and use it on the next nappy.

To be honest id say i use them less than my ebay cheapies. They have less bulk at the back than the Ebay cheapies, but more bulk everywhere else. For £39 i think...You can get 9 Ebay cheapies with 18 inserts.

Oh and i think any wrap will do the trick, as long as its the right size. The tots bots i have are sized, so check they are the right size or birth to potty x

ETA i have fleece wraps to try tomorrow, not liners, lol x

These are the ones.
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260574354124&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

You beat me to it, lol.

Mine are called cotton originals by the way x

They look ok jess, and would fit for a while. Check out the nappy review thread to see if they're on there. In all honesty i would buy preloved to try them out - they won't be quite as soft but a good tumble dry will fluff hem up!

Ill have a nosey on the natural parenting forum!
Might take a while that place boggles me! LOL

I'm setting myself up for a really early morning wake up call! megan has been in bed since 6.45 i just couldn't seem to keep her awake! Ill be up and house cleaned by 6!

Talking about tumble dryers! I got my new one coming wednesday!:wohoo::wohoo: (Thats how excited i am!) lol
I have been lost without one i am lazy and carn't be bothered to peg stuff out!
Carn't wait to have towels that don't feel like cardboard!

Haha im a towel tumble dryer as well! Cant beat a soft towel. EBay also have used nappies on, incase you havent found any. They arent supposed to have them, but they are there.

Coincidentally Finn went to sleep at 6:45 as well, lol. He has been getting earlier and earlier, but is waking up loads at the min cos of his cold. Weirdly Sam was already asleep when i put Finn to bed, lol. He fell asleep about 5:30 then i got him up at 6 for his dinner. He was back in straight after and sound asleep, lol. Him and his cousin slept in the lounge last night, and i found the little bugger on the PS3 at 3am this morning, lol. No wonder he is asleep :D

Are there any other way to soften up nappies Jo? The pop ins i got are rather crusty feeling. Suppose its not much of a problem as they need a liner, but would like to soften them a little.

The next door neighbours must be away at the min, and have their grandkids staying while they are. They are 18+, but last time they stayed they were banging on the walls and shouting till 5am. They are already starting to get noisy! I may well have to start banging the door down if they dont shut the fuck up!

Ive just read somewhere that banging them against a wall helps! (this would be good if oh is winding me up! save me hitting his head against the wall!) lol and white vinegar!?

deleted (made no sense, quotes went wrong...) Reposted below :D

I'm not sure about softening nappies. I line dry so they are all pretty rough but as soon as he wees they go soft anyway :haha:

I haven't been using liners either and albert hasn't had nappy rash once!

Ive just read somewhere that banging them against a wall helps!

I thought you were referring to Scampie's neighbours grandkids for a second then. I was thinking, that's pretty harsh. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->