The realisation I have to do the whole first trimester again- PAL

Celesse

Reaction score
I dunno, it just didn't occur to me. In the rush to get pregnant again after miscarriage I hadn't really really thought about this being a new pregnancy and having to do all the early weeks again. I mean, I knew I would but at the same time it didn't really sink in.

When I was out today I walked passed H&M and thought "I'll be able to get some maternity clothes soon". And then it kind clicked. I'm not magically 8 weeks pregnant again. I'm not picking up were I left off. This is a brand new pregnancy. I really have to go through everything again.

Does this sound odd or can any other PALer's relate?

I can totally relate! In fact, some days I'm outright angry about it. This is my third time going through the first trimester in a year. It's so taxing to be sick and constipated and uncomfortable so often and to not even know if it's going to be worth it in the end. Never mind that sometimes I think my body is still in tizzy with the physical trauma of going through 2 miscarriages in 7 months. Both were very hard on my physically.

I'm really hoping the rest of first tri speeds by and that the sickness just goes away. I've had one perfect scan but I lost my first baby at 12 weeks so it will still be awhile before I will start to feel safer.

I have had two losses this year and am pregnant for a third time. Yes, I completely understand where you are coming from. Going through those early weeks again has been both difficult and a joy. Today I finally reached 8 weeks (the same time my MMC was detected last time) but I have not had any spotting. I still get nervous b/c I barely have any symptoms but I am trying to consider myself lucky.

We did see a heartbeat this time at 6+1 and I have another scan in just over one week.

Every time I get nervous or frustrated that I am in 1st tri again I try to remind myself that this one will be fine, that I will have my baby at the end and that all this suffering is worth it.

Sorry for your loss but congratulations!

Yes, totally get it, I was 12 week when I lost mine, and that is now the magic number, if I could have avoided thinking about this pregnancy or my last until that point I would. I was lucky that I didn't know I was pregnant this time, it was a surprise and I and I have no idea of my dates so I don't really know how pregnant I am.

Our friends and sister called us when they were 4 weeks pregnant and hubby said I wish they hasn't because it was painful just hoping and wishing them all well. Which it has been thankfully.

Having a loss messes with you, I was still grieving my loss when I was pregnant with the twins, and until they were both in my arms I couldn't let my self believe all would be ok. This time I've avoided the MW and booking my scan because I'm just scared, I'd rather block out the whole 1st trimester as best I can while bleeding etc. my MW called last night to tell me off for not calling etc. lol and give me my scan date.

Yep! Becauseci was 8-9 weeks at my losses id invested in some maturnity clothes as id given all mine away. Im smiling inside because im once again having a summer baby (due a week after ds birthday, a week before dd birthday) but im so scared.

I hate this beginning bit. Ive not seen a heartbeat with my losses so im wisg ng the days away to finally have a scan to show something different.

Im sorry for your loss but congrats on a new pregnancy :)

I totally understand where your coming from. This is my 4th time going throigh the first tri for 1st baby. I always get so excited when I get that BFP but then I have the realisation that I have that long wait to see if we will have a baby at the end of it. First tri always goes by so slowly and theres that constant worry that you won't make it again.
I have my fingers crossed for sticky beans for us all

I dunno, it just didn't occur to me. In the rush to get pregnant again after miscarriage I hadn't really really thought about this being a new pregnancy and having to do all the early weeks again. I mean, I knew I would but at the same time it didn't really sink in.

When I was out today I walked passed H&M and thought "I'll be able to get some maternity clothes soon". And then it kind clicked. I'm not magically 8 weeks pregnant again. I'm not picking up were I left off. This is a brand new pregnancy. I really have to go through everything again.

Does this sound odd or can any other PALer's relate?

I am totally feeling different this time too. I lost my baby in july and am only 3/4 weeks. I haven't taken a period so was kinda waiting for that first. Seeing my scan yesterday was weird, emotional as last time I had scans at 5 weeks and 2 at 8 weeks then one after the loss. It was hard being in that same room. How far on are you?

What's a PALer?

I can relate, my first loss wasn't detected until 9 weeks and we didn't finally pass everything until I was 17+5, during which I was still throwing up / shattered etc... As crap as the first tri is, I'd do it for a year solid if it meant I get my bubba in my arms at the end.

I hope you're feeling better soon!! X

What's a PALer?

I can relate, my first loss wasn't detected until 9 weeks and we didn't finally pass everything until I was 17+5, during which I was still throwing up / shattered etc... As crap as the first tri is, I'd do it for a year solid if it meant I get my bubba in my arms at the end.

I hope you're feeling better soon!! X

PAL - pregnancy after loss

Yes I can totally relate. I often feel like I don't "fit in" on any of the forums. We lost Christopher at almost 31 weeks...I just don't feel like I fit anywhere.

I had a crying fit on Saturday b/c in all honesty I am tired of being pregnant but desperately want our baby.

TTC/Pregnancy can be so hard.

Yes, my angels due date is the 29th of this month. Feeling that I should be almost ready to give birth and only being 10 weeks into new pregnancy is tough. I'm glad that I've got this little bean to think about on the day though knowing i have my rainbow helps at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->