• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Really Useful TCM Thread

Hi Welshrose, I'm ever so pleased you're so excited about TCM. Once I had my first session and got my mitts on the book I almost felt I'd been hit by a lightning bolt or something. How did I not know all about this before? I've been into alternative therapies for ages but my reason for not trying acu was a misunderstanding about giving blood. I give blood and had got it into my head that after having acu, unless on the NHS, you could no longer give blood. A few weeks ago - the day before I made my first appt in fact - I re-read the leaflet and... you can't give blood for 4 months after acu. Given that I'll be pregnant and then BF, that's no issue at all. What a donkey! :dohh::dohh:

Price-wise, it's £35 for a 45-min treatment, but I'm always there an hour and pay no more. The first week I paid a £10 registration fee and for the past 2 weeks I've been given pills at £8.50 a bottle.

Jen, you're being needled as I write! I'm really pleased you managed to get an earlier appt. Want an update as soon as you get home!!

Muncho, I love your PMA! I hoped you'd start thinking like that. Am really glad you mentioned acu - that's what made me recheck the leaflet because I really wanted to try it, havign had it work for 2 friends - you just nudged me into it. I'll go into the health food shop on after #1's swimming lesson on thursday and check out the wheatgrass.
I've heard about cupping - interesting to hear exactly how it's done.
I had to cancel reflexology yesterday because my friend who has #1 was ill and everybody else was busy (just like last week, the buggers!).

Yay! This thread seems to be turning out just like we hoped!

Abi xx

ps I've bought extra slipper socks to keep my cold feet warm and keep my feet on a big cushion with a beanbag wrapped round them to keep them warm, plus a heated wheat bag on my abdomen. Take that, cold uterus!!

Hi can I join too? :hi:

Ive been getting acupuncture weekly since 26 October as we have unexplained infertility. I too have kidney qi deficiency. So have cold hands/feet, sore knees & I used to get up to pee during the night too. Amazingly I dont get up during the night anymore.

I dont get a heat lamp but Ive had a few sessions where Ive had moxabustion where she lights a cigar type thing & holds it an inch away from the area & its supposed to warm up your qi!

Well fingers crossed it helps us achieving our :bfp:s

Wishing you all :dust:

Dee x

welcome Dee ..

Abs im so glad that i encouraged you to start the acu. I think i mentioned my sis went thru IVF a few years ago and i donated my eggs (she has 2 kids - who are gorgoeus) and i told her about acu then as i did a bit of research into it then
to be honest i never used to believe stuff like this and dh thinks im wasting my money .I told him to go and read about it then tell me what he thinks as i had formed an opinion on a topic i knew nothing about! naughty me!

Where's JEN??? probably fallen asleep

i keep forgetting to mention i have started a journal . Its in LLTC. only prob is i should have started it in TTC as i dont know that many people in LLTC :( billy no mates

oh yea i also love the idea of keeping the uterus warm...hot water bottles! also i keep my car seats heated...yayy..

x

Hey girls
Well had my first session last night. She said that she thinks I just have a slight hormone inbalance (easily rectified:happydance:) I've a cold uterus some Kidney yang deficiency with spleen deficiency. So I've to keep my hands, abdomen and feet warm too! She checked my pulse and tongue and then she gave me acupuncture on my head, abdomen, hands, feet, and legs. She then left me under a heat lamp and blankets for about 50 minutes. She also prescribed me tea. It's in powder form and tastes pretty rough. I took one last night and it wasn't too bad, then I had another one this morning and for some reason my gag reflex kept kicking in! :dohh: Managed to choke it down though. Suspect it's because I had just ate fruit for breakfast and the taste of the tea mixed with the taste of the fruit just did not go! I feel so much more relaxed today but I have to say it cost a fortune! £40 for the acupuncture and £40 for the herbs! Near fainted but have spoken to DH and he said if it results in a healthy BFP then it'll be worth it. She said that I shouldn't have to take as much after the first cycle but for one full cycle I need to take the larger amount of herbs. I've another appointment next Thursday so will update then! Feeling so positive though! :happydance:
XO Jen

Oh forgot to mention as well but after the acupuncture and even this morning I'm getting a slight twinge around where my right ovary would be. Was really excited when I still felt it this morning, wonder if it's starting to work already????
XO Jen

Well i have some NEWS......... 6 weeks ago i had my fsh done and it was 11.5 ( means its high) which is why i have started the acu and reflex and wheatgrass etc

well last week i had another fsh test and................

its dropped by half to 6.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so shocked , i have made some changes but it would only have been about 10 days by the time i took the test. Have a look at my signature to see what i have been doing. Im really pleased but confused as to how quickly it has come down!

i have just checked my diary and i had 2 sessions of acu and 1 reflex before the test, so who knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen : glad you enjoyed it, it is V expensive but its worth it i guess..
i too have strange twinges afterwards, so maybe it can work quickly

Well i have some NEWS......... 6 weeks ago i had my fsh done and it was 11.5 ( means its high) which is why i have started the acu and reflex and wheatgrass etc

well last week i had another fsh test and................

its dropped by half to 6.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so shocked , i have made some changes but it would only have been about 10 days by the time i took the test. Have a look at my signature to see what i have been doing. Im really pleased but confused as to how quickly it has come down!

i have just checked my diary and i had 2 sessions of acu and 1 reflex before the test, so who knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen : glad you enjoyed it, it is V expensive but its worth it i guess..
i too have strange twinges afterwards, so maybe it can work quickly

Wow! That is brilliant Muncho, the acupuncture and reflexology must be working :happydance: I'm so pleased for you!!!! I really hope my body responds as quickly as yours has! The twinges must mean it's working. I've been trying to google the ingredients in my tea, the only ones I've found so far are horny goatweed and white peony flower. Now just to find out what the other 20 do! :haha:
XO Jen

Hey Jen, really pleased to read that you had such a positive experience - and yes, blow the cost!! It's great to feel you're doing something positive to help yourself, isn't it? Plus it feels like a lot of pampering (gaggy herbal concoctions excepted!). Have you tried checking our book to find out about the herbs? Or

Hey Munch, great news about your FSH levels!! One of my friends was treated with acu for that after 2 years' trying to conceive and on the verge of IVF and after 4 sessions she was pregnant. That's the kind of thing that boosts your PMA! It's amazing what tweaking your hormones and getting rid of some blockages can do, isn't it?

Abi x

Hey Jen, really pleased to read that you had such a positive experience - and yes, blow the cost!! It's great to feel you're doing something positive to help yourself, isn't it? Plus it feels like a lot of pampering (gaggy herbal concoctions excepted!). Have you tried checking our book to find out about the herbs? Or

Hey Munch, great news about your FSH levels!! One of my friends was treated with acu for that after 2 years' trying to conceive and on the verge of IVF and after 4 sessions she was pregnant. That's the kind of thing that boosts your PMA! It's amazing what tweaking your hormones and getting rid of some blockages can do, isn't it?

Abi x

Hey Abi
Yes I checked through the book, there is another ingredient in it which was mentioned in the book but I can't recall what it was. Aside from that I'll have to keep checking, they are all in latin so think I'll bring the ingredient list into work with me tomorrow and do a search. That story about your friend is really inspiring Abi! I'm convinced it'll sort out my hormone problem so my body will start ovulating again. The practitioner, Cathy kept saying that when I'm pregnant as opposed to if. It was nice to hear such positive reinforcement that it will definitely happen!! I'm so much more relaxed and chilled out as well, I think just happier in general sums it up. Will have to change my avatar now!!! :haha:
xo Jen

Had my 2nd session on reflexology today. She said my intestines have unblocked and something about my spleen. I told her my news about the fsh. I dounbt if 1 session of reflex made a difference but who knows
she said i was a very different person from 2 weeks ago. I said i feel alot better and am comig to terms with everything and trying to stay positive.
Am due to see her xmas week. She does like visualisation and i think it works

told Dh news about the fsh, he was sooooooooo happy. It feels like we have won the lottery...errrrr wake up call..you still have a blocked tube , endo and you STILL have to have IVF....pooooo! but good news anyway

muncho thats really good! I've just booked a first session for reflexology, wanted acupuncture but thats more expensive and a bit much for my meagre student nurse bursary so thought i'd give the reflexology a go, I've read some good things about it and you've just convinced me a little bit more.

Jo x

Jen and Abs

im not having the herbs at the mo. im taking 3 tabs a day to nourish my blood, then he will give me the herbs in about 10 days..
cant wait to see what happens for us this year :)

Hey girls...:hugs:
Just wanted to say hi...so glad that you're all feeling so positive at the moment!:yipee:....:dust: and everything crossed for those magical :bfp: super soon!
I love reading this thread!
Well I ended up ringing the TCM clinic again that I had left an answerphone msg on and she asked me what I wanted to use it for....hormonal imbalance/sub fertility...and she said that they don't do that?!....wondering whether they really know what they're doing?
Anyway DH passed a clinic when he was working so called in and had a chat to the lady. This lady goes all over the world treating people apparently and has just come back from Jersey. She leaves today to go home to China until the 5th Jan:sad2: She does traditional chinese herbal medicine, conventional acupuncture and modern acupunture-without needles-audiowave therapy. I gave her a ring and had a chat, she seemed really lovely and definately knew what she was talking about. I'm hoping to contact her later and arrange an appointment for the 9th Jan for a consultation and herbs and then acupuncture 2wks later.
I also managed to get into one of the reflexology sessions that they do for staff at work on the 9th Jan.....Roll on the New Year!:yipee:

Hope everyone is ok...:hugs:

Hey girls...:hugs:
Just wanted to say hi...so glad that you're all feeling so positive at the moment!:yipee:....:dust: and everything crossed for those magical :bfp: super soon!
I love reading this thread!
Well I ended up ringing the TCM clinic again that I had left an answerphone msg on and she asked me what I wanted to use it for....hormonal imbalance/sub fertility...and she said that they don't do that?!....wondering whether they really know what they're doing?
Anyway DH passed a clinic when he was working so called in and had a chat to the lady. This lady goes all over the world treating people apparently and has just come back from Jersey. She leaves today to go home to China until the 5th Jan:sad2: She does traditional chinese herbal medicine, conventional acupuncture and modern acupunture-without needles-audiowave therapy. I gave her a ring and had a chat, she seemed really lovely and definately knew what she was talking about. I'm hoping to contact her later and arrange an appointment for the 9th Jan for a consultation and herbs and then acupuncture 2wks later.
I also managed to get into one of the reflexology sessions that they do for staff at work on the 9th Jan.....Roll on the New Year!:yipee:

Hope everyone is ok...:hugs:

Oh that's really good news WelshRose! I know you probably just want to hurry up and get started but it'll be worth the wait!! :thumbup:
XO Jen

Argh my chart is driving me mad! I know I'm not ovulating from the tests the doctor ran and I've been bad this month as I've not checked my temps everyday (usually at weekends I forget:dohh:) but my temperatures have started going up without any ovulation dip (confirming I'm not ovulating!) I really hope the herbs and acupuncture work and sort my body out sooner rather than later. Will just have to wait and see what happens next cycle. Cathy was telling me that my cycle was the perfect length (28 days) and that we just need to get my body to ovulate on day 14 now...here's hoping for good things with cycle 8!!! :happydance:
xo Jen

Hey girls just out of interest for any of you's that are on herbal prescriptions have any of you's noticed any side effects?? Since I've started taking the herbs from about yesterday evening onwards I have a really strong salty taste in my mouth (no I've not bit my tongue or anything). Just curious to know if anyone else has noticed anything..
Jen xo

ladies another session of acu today.
I told him about the fsh drop, he didnt really have much to say about it. I thought he would be dead pleased, Nevermind.
He put the needles in the same places but today he put one on my right wrist. I dont what he touched but i sharp pain that went thru to my middle finger. OH my god, it really hurt. He moved it and it was fine. MAn that put me off

I didnt fall asleep today, i think my mind was racing for some reason.
I think i mentioned he gave me some tablets that i need to take for 10days to nourish my blood. then im guessing he will give me the herbs..they sound vile!!

yesterday i went to a chinese massage place in London called SEN. I have cupping done. Anyone heard of it. They out like these cups on your back which sucks air out. the method of using glass or plastic cups to create localized pressure by a vacuum
Gosh it hurt. they left them for about 15 mins then gave me a massage.

LAst night my hubbie said 'waht the hell are those marks on your back' i said 'waht the acupuncture needle marks?'

He told me to look in the mirror. My back has about 8 large red/balck circles where the cups were. Looks like in have been burnt. EWWWWWW

Dont think i will be doing that again!

Hey girls just out of interest for any of you's that are on herbal prescriptions have any of you's noticed any side effects?? Since I've started taking the herbs from about yesterday evening onwards I have a really strong salty taste in my mouth (no I've not bit my tongue or anything). Just curious to know if anyone else has noticed anything..
Jen xo

Hi Juen
Just noticed you r going to the same accupuncturist as me-I licve in NI as well!!!
My herbs gave me the runs and my tummy constantly feels bloared and warm. cathy said this wasn't typical but could be cuz I have IBS. Cathy is lovely and she also talks about when i am preggers and didn't bat an eyelid over my age.!
but aren't the herbs minging!! holding your nose helps x

Hey, if 1/3 of the people on here are going to that practice it must be good!

Muncho, my OH has been taking herbs for his psoriasis - I've been boiling them up in the kitchen - and he likes them! You never know, you might like them too.

I remember a few years ago I saw a picture of Gwyneth Paltrow in a backless dress with big circles on her back - she'd been going for cupping sessions. Have they started fading yet?
Abi x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"