• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Really Useful TCM Thread

oh i see, temping sure as hell tells you alot doesnt it. I dont bother anymore. Lasted for about 5 days!

Well had my 2nd acupuncture session last night. We started off just going over my BBT chart from fertility friend and Cathy confirmed that I had definitely ovulated! Woohoo! I explained that AF was due on Sunday so she focused all her acupuncture this time on yang points to increase the yang energy. Was very, very relaxing! She put two needles in my scalp, 5 on my stomach (none above the ovaries this time) About 3 on each leg and then two around my ankles and one on the top of my feet. Got prescribed the same herbs as before (another weeks supply) and I've my next appointment on Monday at 5pm. I was quizzing her about my chart as well as it's starting to go down (slowly) with no other rises in it and she said that was completely normal as long as it was above the baseline. She said on occasions it can dip below but if it goes back up again then not too worry. Either way I think she is convinced that its a luteal phase defect so I'm yang deficient. I'll be curious to see what she does on Monday as it'll be CD2 for me!
xo Jen

Hi Jen
I am off to see cathy tomorrow and as I will be day 23 i suspect it might be the same treatment for me.I really hope it can sort out my pmt etc I get symptoms of sweats, moods,extremely weepy, sore boobs, bad cramps from day 21 onwards. I did ask the fs if this was a sign of dodgy hormones but he discounted it straight away and said it was my age. When I explained that it has always been like this he just shrugged his shoulders and ignored it
I think I will ask Cathy tomorrow if there is anything I can do. Its almost worse this minth and i am wondering if its anything to do with accupuncture/herbs. maybe it gets worse before it gets better!

Hi Jen
I am off to see cathy tomorrow and as I will be day 23 i suspect it might be the same treatment for me.I really hope it can sort out my pmt etc I get symptoms of sweats, moods,extremely weepy, sore boobs, bad cramps from day 21 onwards. I did ask the fs if this was a sign of dodgy hormones but he discounted it straight away and said it was my age. When I explained that it has always been like this he just shrugged his shoulders and ignored it
I think I will ask Cathy tomorrow if there is anything I can do. Its almost worse this minth and i am wondering if its anything to do with accupuncture/herbs. maybe it gets worse before it gets better!

Hey glitterqueen, that doesn't surprise me that your FS had that attitude. From what I've read in the infertility cure book, western medicine has more or less set a precedent that it's normal to have bad mood swings, sore boobs and really painful periods which is completely the opposite of the eastern medicine view. I think I prefer the eastern approach as why is it that some get no cramps etc at all. My friend that fell pregnant last month never had any pain at all with her period, she said she would get the odd headache just before it started but never any cramps at all so after reading that book I'm thinking that her experience is what a normal cycle should be like. It possibly could be down to the herbs though I have to say I've not noticed any pains or PMT this month at all and I would tend to get both quite badly so I'm hoping that its the acupuncture and herbs working already. I would be delighted on Sunday if I got AF with no cramps or pain! That means it's def doing what it's supposed too! I've another appointment on Monday at 5pm with Cathy. She said they are only opened on Monday next week and I wanted to make sure I got the herbs and everything again, plus I'm becoming slightly addicted to the acupuncture...it just makes me so chilled! DH can't get over the difference in me! LOL!
XO

Hi Jen
I know what you mean about being addicted to accupuncture- i have had it before for another condition and it was wonderful. I bought some wheatgrass today -oh my god i thought the tcm herbs were bad!! It is pretty disgusting and it doesn't dissolve much but hey if it works to keep my eggies fresh!
I am hearing you about western medicine-my dp said the chinese have been around for ages as a nation and are wiser than us and i think he has a point!!
they don;t have a vastly populated country for nothing! xx

hey i agree with you guys a bout eastern Vs western. A non medical example if the indian dont luck eye brows, we do threading....have you heard of it. Basically you pull the hair out fro m the root by twisted thread aroudn the hair and pulling it out.Its not really that painful. Anyway in UK indians have been doin it for years and now in salons THREADING is the new BIG thing. But its not, it been around in india for hundreds of years

i think TCM is the same ,in Uk we are only just accepting this is good for us!

BTW..my acupuncture guy says that he went to the Zita West clinic and did a course on acu. She recommended not to take temps as its not that helpful, so he told me not to not to bother...

ALL so conflicting. he says its better not to get stressed with it...

hey i agree with you guys a bout eastern Vs western. A non medical example if the indian dont luck eye brows, we do threading....have you heard of it. Basically you pull the hair out fro m the root by twisted thread aroudn the hair and pulling it out.Its not really that painful. Anyway in UK indians have been doin it for years and now in salons THREADING is the new BIG thing. But its not, it been around in india for hundreds of years

i think TCM is the same ,in Uk we are only just accepting this is good for us!

BTW..my acupuncture guy says that he went to the Zita West clinic and did a course on acu. She recommended not to take temps as its not that helpful, so he told me not to not to bother...

ALL so conflicting. he says its better not to get stressed with it...

Yes I've heard of threading...have been dying to get it done for ages but it's so expensive! I have the Zita West book, she recommends not checking BBT as it's apparently just a constant reminder that you're not pregnant yet but if you are using it as a way of making sure that your ovulating and check for patterns etc in your cycle then it's ok. She advocates that CM is the best way of checking fertility. Speaking of BBT's I checked mine this morning and it went up again! Woohoo! I'm hoping that means that my progesterone levels are improving from the B Vit's, accupuncture and herbs. :happydance: I really hope I don't get any cramps on Sunday with AF as then I'll know 100% it's working! :happydance: Hope you's are all ok!
xo Jen

Well had another session with Cathy-was really stressed when i went in and totally chilled when i came out!! I have been having really bad pms symptoms and cramps-would like to think they are early pg signs but think I have to be realistic:cry: they have gone as well and i feel much more positive than i did yesterday. the position of the needles were different this time-no tummy needles just head arms and legs and more yucky herbs but am getting another session on Monday for a boost before xmas.

hey girls, the last few days i have been having twinges on my left and right side ovaries. It Cd 19, i think i Ov Cd 14..but not sure.

have nay of you had this. Have not had acupuncture for 1 week ....maybe its withdrawal symptoms
Has anyone else had this..

Right im off the get the PH of my fanny checked...long story i have some infection ..

I wonder how many people have seen my private bits now....too many for my liking!

Hello girls, might rename this the "we love tcm" thread! Seems apt enough. Won't though, just thought I'd mention how great it is.

A follow up from my post about monday's session. The pills for my chest kicked in and I started feeling better by tuesday afternoon. Hurrah! Feeling much, much better now. Still a bit of a chesty cough on and off, but I no longer sound like a hoover when I exhale :rofl: Didn't even feel the need to up the dosage. Quing rang me today to ask how I was doing and sounded really pleased (although not surprised) I'm so much better. Reminded me to keep taking the tablets til they're finished.

To give you an idea of how spaced-out I was on tuesday night, I was preparing a new batch of OH's psoriasis herbs and forgot about them - boiled them for an extra hour! Only got 100ml, rather than 400ml out of it.... I'm doing another lot as I type. Must remember them this time...

I've heard of threading but had no idea what it was... cheers munch. Maybe I take the hippy attitude too far; I shave my legs and armpits but cannot be buggered with eyebrows, bikini line, make-up. Had a manicure when I was bridesmaid for my best friend in october and it was horrendous. It was well done and everything but I just opted for the same colour as the other bridesmaid and ended up with light-pink pearlescent nails (which I bite, although you can only tell coz they're always short). If you knew me, you'd know how funny this picture is! I couldn't do anything with my hands without chipping the bloody stuff. Never again!!

Munch, I think your acu's feedback on the Zeta West course was typical blokeness... he remembered the "don't bother" bit but didn't bother remembering why! Her reasons for not doing it are totally right. I see it now as a way of eveluating how acu's helping me as much as anything - Quing is working on increasing my progesterone, which shows directly on a chart. She always looks at my chart to begin with. It's useful to compare cycles and remember ov dates too, and is the only way to confirm you've actually ovulated (the sustained rise in temp) but like Jen said, the best way to monitor the approach of ovulation is cm - and cervix position.

YOu asked about cp the other day and I accidentally ignored you. Here goes! Your cervix starts off your cycle low, firm and closed, and as ovulation approaches it gets higher, softer and more open. For about 3-4 days around ov mine is high, soft and open (it's on these days when I find the man stuff stays up you because it all gets fired into your uterus, so you don't smell like an old fish the next morning :rofl:). AFter ov it quite quickly lowers, getting harder and more closed. I grade mine from low, firm, closed to medium, medium, medium and then onto high, soft open and back down again. To get familiar with your cp you have to just check it every day - you'll quite quickly get to know your secret lady garden. I hate the use of the word lady in all but that phrase, which cracks me up!

Have I yabbered enough? I'm off.
Abi x

smelling like an old fish...............................priceless!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well had another session with Cathy-was really stressed when i went in and totally chilled when i came out!! I have been having really bad pms symptoms and cramps-would like to think they are early pg signs but think I have to be realistic:cry: they have gone as well and i feel much more positive than i did yesterday. the position of the needles were different this time-no tummy needles just head arms and legs and more yucky herbs but am getting another session on Monday for a boost before xmas.

Hey glitterqueen, that's great your feeling so much better! Those needles are addictive! I've been getting some of my usual pre AF symptoms the past day or two, sore boobs and I started feeling really moody yesterday and today as well, due Sunday:cry: I've not bothered symptom spotting anymore, no point as it's just ended in tears every other month so may as well not set myself up for a fall anymore. I wonder why she didn't do the tummy needles on you as our cycle day was almost the same when we went to see her (I was CD24 on Tuesday). Did she mention what she feels is causing the imbalance with you? I'm yang deficient with cold uterus, I'm thinking she put needles on my stomach to warm up the uterus. I'll be interested to see on Sunday what AF is like i.e. cramps??, clots???, colour, consistency etc, etc! If it's changed at all I'm taking that as a positive sign!:happydance: Abi you are so funny! :haha:
xo Jen

Hi
Just wanted to say thanks for sharing your experiences. I had a session of acc and fell preg the following month (not sure if this was the cause) but I certinly felt strong twinges in my ovary afetr the session. I will be back to TTC soon as giving my body a rest due to recent MC. Will be having reg acc sessions from jan. Good luck and kee up the updates. xx

Hi
Just wanted to say thanks for sharing your experiences. I had a session of acc and fell preg the following month (not sure if this was the cause) but I certinly felt strong twinges in my ovary afetr the session. I will be back to TTC soon as giving my body a rest due to recent MC. Will be having reg acc sessions from jan. Good luck and kee up the updates. xx

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your MC! :hugs: That's brilliant about the acupuncture though, it's great to hear success stories! Come back and let us know how you get on with the acupuncture in January!
xo Jen

Jen
Cathy hasn't really said much about what causes my pain etc I must ask. I tend to overanalyse everything so this time I decides to just trust soemone and go with the flow. I did have a wobble about the price of it all-especially the herbs and I suppose i had pinned my hopes of a pg this month-silly i know but that is all just pmt taking
keeping these fingers crossed for everyone x

Quing always puts needles in my uterus as well, which I reckon is to warm me up. I sit with a hot wheat bag over my uterus whenever I'm on the sofa, when I also have my cold feet on a big cushion with a long bean=bag cushion wrapped round them and a blanket on top. Have never been so cosy! Thermal leggings and top under my clothes today have kept my uterus toasty warm too.

sk100, I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage but I'm glad you find this thread useful. Hope to see you back on here in January!

Every time you feel you're wobbling, just come on here and wobble to one of us glitterqueen. You just have to forget about the money, don't you. Def know what you mean though!

Abi x

Girls , i havent posted as havent had any treatments in the last week.
body is being deprived....

im off to norway tomorrow and have acu, reflex next week so will have lots to tell you..

have a nice weekend xxx

Have taken the last few of Quing's pills for my chest today, but have been feeling much better for days and days.

My OH (the pessimist) is grudgingly admitting that his prosiasis seems to be improving - getting a lot paler and seems to be shrinking/drying up. Has been taking it 2 weeks now, so it's good to see something happening. It's costing £35 a week for the herbs. I'd rather he was doing this, removing the root of the problem and curing it, than spendign the next 30 years having to constantly use icky creams from the doctor that leave horrible sticky marks everywhere and do god-knows-what besides.

Abi x

Well girls that's me out! The witch caught me yesterday equating to a crappy 8 day luteal phase!:cry: Feeling like I'm going backwards so have decided to up my dose of B Complex, started taking 150 from saturday onwards to see if it'll make any difference. Have an acu appointment this morning so curious to see what they'll do on CD2. Not feeling as down about it all as I was but still pissed off....I mean 8 sodding days...wtf????? :growlmad: Hope you's are all ok!
xo Jen

thats crappy Jen :hugs: Hope the bigger dose makes that LP longer next month.. so long it turns into 9 months :winkwink:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->