the rollercoaster birth of my little boy!

gemabee

proud single mum to finn
Reaction score
extremely long!

so i'll start this from my sweep on the 8th november... midwife said i was 1.5cm dilated nd 50% effaced with a soft cervix nd that she thought the sweep would work. so i got all excited... packed my bags into the car nd went to stay with my grandma incase anythin happened.
started havin contractions... they got down to 7 minutes apart nd quite regular... nd then i took some paracetamol nd tried to sleep... i woke up... nd had no pain whatsoever :nope:
GUTTED!
so i phoned my aunty (a midwife) nd asked what i could do to help bring on the contractions... she told me to go buy lots of pineapple nd keep movin.
so me nd my grandma went into town nd bought loads of pineapple (which i hate by the way!) nd over the next few days ate all the pineapple nd jumped around on the wii like a looney.
... anyway... up until my induction date i had very painful, but very irregular contractions... so it got to my induction date nd off i went into hospital.
this is when the nightmare starts -
got to hospital at half 6... no-one came to see me until half 11... needless to say i was feelin pretty scared nd alone at this point!!
but then when someone did see me... she was lovely... began my induction straight away (i was 2cm dilated at this point). after i'd been monitored i fell asleep nd woke up an hour later to some strong contractrions already 4 mins apart. had some paracetamol but couldn't sleep anymore.
the next day again no-one came to see me until 10am... even tho i buzzed to tell the midwife my contractions were 2 nd a half mins apart nd pretty strong. when i got examined i was 3cms apart but they said they didn't need to do another prostin nd gave me a sweep instead. i had a very big bloody show nd the contractions immediately got stronger. my mum came to be with me at 11am nd i was contractin pretty hard right now... they wouldn't examine me again but said they would get me to the delivery suite.
BUT.
there was no room in the inn! so i had to continue to labour in front of a ward full of strangers!!
by 1pm i was havin contractions a minute nd a half apart... but still no room in delivery... told to have a bath nd offered gas nd air... but wanted to stay off the drugs for as long as possible so said no... had the bath instead nd got my mum pourin water on my bump when it went hard... worked better than any drug!
got promised i'd have a room by half 2 so called in my grandma (my other birthin partner)... at this point i was contractin a minute apart... still in the ward... nd by now... it was visitin time - it was horrible... family nd friends everywhere with me moanin nd groanin all over the place! told there was still no room in delivery suite for me... so i could have the baby in the antenatal ward or take some diamorphine to slow the labour down.
... i chose the diamorphine... at 3pm my contractions had all but gone... but i was ill as anythin... went for a walk with my mum nd grandma... nd threw up with every step... nearly passed out nd had to be helped back to the ward... by now everyone on the ward was supportin me nd helpin me through - no-one could quite believe i wasn't in the delivery suite nd they all felt sorry for me... my midwife was gutted that it was goin so pearshaped.
... after bein sick the diamorphine wore off nd the contractions hit me again... nd by god they came back quickly nd were horrendous!! was offered gas nd air but didn't want anythin in my system after the diamorphine... at half 5 my midwife came to get me down to delivery.
FINALLY!
at 6pm i was 4cm dilated nd had my waters broken... the contractions were really bad by now... 30 seconds apart... i was tryin to stay active but ended up on the bed with my grandma on 1 side nd my mum on the other. tried again with the gas nd air... was horrible! offered diamorphine :dohh: said no! was offered an epi nd thought i'd made it so far without i may aswell keep goin!! an hour nd a half later i was shoutin to push... but was told i couldn't be that dilated yet nd to wait until the next midwife at quarter to 8 to examine me... the next midwife came in... i begged her to examine me straight away... surprise surprise at 10 to 8 i was fully dilated (6cms in less than 2 hours!!)... told to start pushin with the next contraction.
... then my mum nd grandma got into position like a military operation... a leg nd a hand each... the midwife had a damp cloth pressed to my perineum for each push... we made a bloody good team!
pushed him out in 16 minutes... born at 8.06pm... weighed in at 8lb 6oz... nd didn't need a single stitch... my mum nd grandma were very proud... my little boy was gorgeous!!!

i cannot recommend epo nd rlt enough... it worked for me on both counts!!

then the nightmare began again.
got to postnatal ward at 11pm... no-one came to see me until 2.30pm the next day.
baby was chokin nd turnin blue nd no-one came when i pressed the emergency button... had to run along the corridor with him shoutin for help.
told i could leave at 3pm... but then they lost his bloods.
told a pedi doc would come nd take his bloods... he came at 6pm nd said he didn't need to do the bloods anymore nd we could go home...
then when my lift arrived at half 7... they decided they did need to do his bloods :dohh:
but there were no pedi docs until half 9... nd eventually got home at half 10 :growlmad:
15 mins after i got home i got a phone call... the hospital... they'd lost his bloods nd we had to go back in!!!!!
refused to go back last night so went in today... they made me wait nearly 3 hours to get his bloods taken again... nd even then they couldn't get the bloody needle in nd my little boy was cryin solid for 20 mins :cry:

eventually got home... he's a happy little boy... he's been very sickly nd panics nd stops breathin... but i know how to deal with it nd we're gettin through.

i love him... i absolutely adore the little man!!!

here's some pics anywho -

Attachments

• 150218_501617450118_504345118_7770343_7629995_n.jpg
    150218_501617450118_504345118_7770343_7629995_n.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 155309_501620770118_504345118_7770380_5132422_n.jpg
    155309_501620770118_504345118_7770380_5132422_n.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 148
  • 76066_501619050118_504345118_7770362_4578218_n.jpg
    76066_501619050118_504345118_7770362_4578218_n.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 170
He's absolutely gorgeous! His little hat it the cutest I have ever seen!

You did so well with everything that was going on. Well done and well done to your mum and nan - what a great family

xx

congrats...so glad it all came good in the end for you...what a beautiful baby you have :hugs: x

Oh Gemma sorry you had so many problems!! I can't believe they lost the bloods, sounds awful! And not to come to the emergency button grrrrrrrrr.

But congratulations he is gorgeous, you must be so proud :) xx

Congratulations! He is beautiful. Well done for getting through such a long labour with so little pain relief-you deserve a medal!:hugs::hugs:

He's gorgeous! Sorry you had such a horrible time though, I'd be making a formal complaint xxx

What a beautiful baby boy - congratulations! And sorry your hospital was such a jerk!

Awww hes gorgeous, n wow you werent kidding when u said nightmare wow

omg hes gorgeous! I cant believe how horrible the whole process went for you though :( At least its all worth it in the end :)

Ahhh he is sooo cute!!! Well done, shame the hospital were so shitty about things though. Bet you're dead proud of yourself, you did really well x

Congratulations Hun, with so much to contend with as well.

He is absolutely gorgeous, so cute xx

Congrats! And well done!

He's beautiful! x

what a horrendous journey the two of you have been through but thats what makes it extra special that you pulled through :D congratulations! he is lovely! finnlay is a lovely name choice btw, i always said i'd name bump finley if she was a he. ahh thrilled for you love xx

awww gemma hes gorg! sorry you didnt have a nice labour :hugs: xxxx

congrats hun, sorry to hear that labour went horribly :hugs: I hope your little boy gets better soon :hugs:

congrats on your beautiful baby boy! Well done you!

He's a gorgeous little bundle, I'm just so sorry you had to go through all that rubbish to get him here safely.

I hope you and him a speedy recovery from your ordeal :)

Delly xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->