The ROyal Family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mummy Bean

Parker & Dougs Mum
Reaction score
Just sticking with the current obbession now Kate is pregnant....

What do you think of them?

Are they good for our society/country/culture?

Do they still play role?

I think that it's all mostly a ceremonial thing now and they are a bit of a novelty. They really don't have any role in the government or lawmaking.

I think theyre a bloody joke!! All of them are bone idol!! Xx

Not true. I met Princess Anne and she was very nice. She came up to Angus for the 20th Anniversary of Victim Support Angus. She greeted everyone individually and was well informed about VS Angus :)

Ironic, I was thinking of starting a thread asking what exactly the royal family does.

What is their point? Just to go around and visit sick people? I'm being serious - doesn't Parliament and the PM run the country? I don't understand where the royal family fits in.....

Is it just because they've always been that they still are? I'm sorry - I hope what I'm asking doesn't ruffle any feathers as I'm not asking in a derogatory way. I just always see pics of them dressed to the nines at this function or that, and that's all I ever hear of them....

I like them. I think their role is now more about presenting an image of the UK to other countries and being a tourist attraction as well as cheering people up by visiting them. I think they are a positive thing for the country. Whenever there is an event to do with them like the wedding or the jubilee, it becomes like a massive community event which is nice to see and be part of. I don't think they are bone idle either. I can imagine its quite tiring to have to do all the visits, charity work and people meeting they have to and they have to constantly present as happy and upbeat even if they are having a shitty day. And don't most of them have jobs of some sort anyway?

I've just never really been interested in them :shrug: I feel like a bad Brit now!

I never really hear about them unless its the jubilee, an anniversary, or one of them gets pregnant & is on hospital bed rest due to morning sickness.

Like a PP said they don't really run the country so I don't take much notice :)

Love them (well the younger ones!).

I had people on FB last night saying the tax payer shouldn't pay etc but they dont realise we wouldnt be better off if we didnt have a royal family lol like they would just let us have that money back?! I am pretty sure without the Royal family we would have to elect head of state? president? more elections and a president would also take a salary so we would probably be worse off actually.

Another on FB actually said they should give all their money to the poor :S yeah, like that would work!?! Seriously...

As far as I know most of them have jobs of some sort? I wouldn't call them bone idol at all.

They also attract tourism which as a result brings money into the country.

I like them, I think they're good representatives of our country.

I like them. I'm not obsessed with them, but I do like them. I think it helps that they are all so good looking lol.

I really like them, i think they play a role in promoting the image of our country, they help us remember what a country we used to be (both the good n bad) they help with the countries 'status' when now were just a small fish in a big pond (amercia, china, n russia). I think the reaction of others countries to our royal family shows how important they can be.

also the family in there own right are rich, it not just tax payers money! The queen last year alone did something like 80 visits around the country...that a lot to ask of by an 85 yr old lady.

I am in the middle here - i think the whole kings queens prince and princess's is all outdated now and in our time there isnt really a 'need' for them and that i doubt much would be effected if there was suddenly no royal family BUT they dont overly bother me !! x

I think the obsession with Kates pregnancy is uneeded and if the media coverage this morning is anything to go by (it was all theyd talk about on BBC breakfast) I wont be watching the news anymore there are more important things going on in the world.

The only one I like is prince Harry as hes the most down to earth.

Personally I dont think we need a monarchy anymore as pp have said they dont actually do anything to run the country so the government system would remain the same with or without royalty.

Id like to know if they make as much in tourism as they spend on trips abroad just wondering what the tax payers money actually gets spent on regarding the royal family.

I don't really see their relevance at all anymore, but I think I prefer the parliamentary system of democracy to the republic, so I don't know if I would vote them out! :)

I think the obsession with Kates pregnancy is uneeded and if the media coverage this morning is anything to go by (it was all theyd talk about on BBC breakfast) I wont be watching the news anymore there are more important things going on in the world.

The only one I like is prince Harry as hes the most down to earth.

Personally I dont think we need a monarchy anymore as pp have said they dont actually do anything to run the country so the government system would remain the same with or without royalty.

Id like to know if they make as much in tourism as they spend on trips abroad just wondering what the tax payers money actually gets spent on regarding the royal family.

It would change because of certain laws.

Personally I don't know them to have anything "against" them as individuals, however, politically I do not agree with any form of unelected authority or figure so in that respect I do not agree to them/ their presence.

I think it is great. I wish here in America we had that. I still and always will love and admire Princess Diana, I think she was a great woman. :flower:

Absolutely no interest in any of them and I do not believe they play any worthwhile part in a modern society.

i like the royal family, i think there are only over 20 countries that still has a monarchy and i think it sets us aside from many countries. anyone i know who visits london always visits bukingham family so it does generate tourism. i loved it when kate and wills got married we had a massive street party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"