The ROyal Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a royalist, have no interest in them whatsoever, i have had a few occasions when I could have seen/met the queen and I didn't as I really couldn't care less.

However, they are a good thing for this country, the most known royal families in the world, lots of history and excellent for tourism! Plus the do a lot of good work, which they don't have to, but its helps support and raise awareness of charities.

What would our country have without the royal family? What would we be known for?

bad teeth, good manners and chavs??

I think they are great for out country. They are part of our culture and i dont think they are lazy. They do an incredible amount of charity work and lets not forget that Harry is fighting on the front line and William is a rescue helicopter pilot.

They bring alot of tourism into the country which makes us money. They help give us an identity. Yes its old fashioned and they dont have much to do with the running of our country but they are the face of our country and they make us look pretty good most of the time.

Good manners? Haven't been to Scotland lately, have you Kala? :rofl:

Now kala, shakespeare, harry potter, the spice girls, and um, boiled mutton! yes! Boiled mutton is British, right? See? There is a British identity outside the royals! Embrace it! The way we Canadians have embraced cold and ice and ... and.... Celine Dion? :nope: I'll keep trying! Will get back to you!

Now kala, shakespeare, harry potter, the spice girls, and um, boiled mutton! yes! Boiled mutton is British, right? See? There is a British identity outside the royals! Embrace it! The way we Canadians have embraced cold and ice and ... and.... Celine Dion? :nope: I'll keep trying! Will get back to you!

Don't forget cups of tea! And one direction :/ lol

There is SO much more to be proud off in the UK- minus the royal family (which i forget we have most the time anyway) i dont think we are left we just mainly negatives i mean come off it - Only fools and horses -Del boy and rodney - are definitely something to be proud off :haha:

Don't forget cups of tea! And one direction :/ lol

And spotted dick.....

Can't say I'm a massive fan but I'm slowly being converted what with the royal wedding last year the jubilee etc.

Aren't William and Harry in the army, do lots of charity work, bring revenue to the country ... Hardly bone idle

I like them especially Harry :winkwink:

I cant think of anything good that unites our country like the royal family, during the jubilee, big weddings and the birth of their baby. Dianas funeral pulled the whole country together too.

They are an excellent part of our culture.
They bring in masses of tourism money!
The Royal wedding cost 200 mil but brought in 2 billion.
:thumbsup:

Tbh I don't really feel strongly about the royal family either way - in fact I find all of them pretty dull. I can appreciate that they contribute a lot towards tourism but I definitely don't think that british culture is dependent on it! I'm sure a lot of countries just think that still having a monarchy is a bit old fashioned and pointless.

Some of them are not so good... Prince Philip used his power to his advantage... There was a dispatches on it. He controls certain bits of land and tries to get his way with certain laws.

And was princess Diana assassinated by them??

I think I actually meant prince Charles (baby brain!!) but prince philip is ridiculous...haha

Some of them are not so good... Prince Philip used his power to his advantage... There was a dispatches on it. He controls certain bits of land and tries to get his way with certain laws.

And was princess Diana assassinated by them??

Some conspiracy theorists say tht about Diana, yes. But its not fact.

I like them but my OH doesn't, I keep telling him he's jealous because he's not a prince.

I remember reading an article once on what each royal does in a year and they're definitely not lazy!

I think they represent a lot of the worst things about our country: unearned privilege, a massively unequal distribution of wealth, the class system and non-transparent government. Every time I read about Prince Charles lobbying ministers I feel nauseous and embarrassed that we still have such an archaic and ridiculous system.

I also feel sorry for all of them, on a personal level, for the screwed up lives they all seem to lead.

Love them, especially the young ones.
And no they are not bone idle.
They generally have, or have had, military careers. Harry even goes out to work in Afghanistan! He doesn't 'have' to, he wants to do his job.
The queen and Philip are 80's/90's and still have incredibly full schedules.
I bet they are busier than most of us.

That aside, I do think they're a good thing for our country. And I for one
Love all the pomp and ceremony.

I think theyre a bloody joke!! All of them are bone idol!! Xx

No, they are not 'bone idol'! The Queen will be 87 this year and you can see her working day here:

https://www.royal.gov.uk/HMTheQueen/DayInTheLife/TheQueensworkingday/Morning.aspx

Not many 65 year olds do that, let alone people more than 20 years their senior!

Princes Harry and William are both other forces, as were a large number of Royals, including the Queen, who was in active service during the war and many members of the Royal Family have seen active service including Afghanistan and the Gulf War.

The Royal family donate a large amount of their personal wealth to charity each year and the Royal Family and Crown Estates bring in a large amount of money to the country each year, contrary to popular belief, far more than they cost us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"