The steroid junkies' perfectly unscientific medical trial

Congrats bump!

Amber- I had dye test (hsg) and at another appt had lap and hys to remove a uterine septum. Also had MRI and a couple of saline infusion tests. If I would have just started with the lap/hys I wouldn't have had to do anything else but I was scared to have surgery and be put under. It went fine though!

ok so proesterone didnt work and i miscarried last week at 9+4 dr q said she will try me on everything next time even though i had a normal biopsy so thats progesterone steroids and heparin has this happened to any of u?

Bumpblues- all of my tests were normal, was on prog, pred, lovenox, baby asp.
My clinic has has a lot of success with recurrent early mc where all tests normal and had girls take all those meds. First tri for all but baby asp which is thru 30 weeks or so? Maybe little less?

Baby asp crosses the placenta and heparin doesn't so they can help with different clots in different places. It seems like heparin has helped girls who have miscarried after heartbeats were found too, seems like having the blood thinner helps keep things going. Even if u don't have clotting issues. And sometimes it doesn't help which totally sucks. This was the first pregnancy I had been on lovenox and prednisone too, i was on just baby aspirin for 2 miscarriages and this pregnancy (kept taking baby asp for a year and a half)

oh ok cool im going to see the other doc soon who did my biopsy and she suggested i go on the lot lol but she never mentioned asprain but ill see if she will do that too this is like litrally one last shot!!

I'm sorry for you loss bump, I hope this last shot works for you.
We did IUI with 16 mg prednisolone. I wanted to give prednisolone a shot without IUI but my dr said it would increase my chances by only 2%. So we went with injectables, progesterone pills and prednisolone. Luckily, I got my BFP at the first try. I think it's the steroids that did the trick. :thumbup:
I had used 0.5 mg dexamethasone (equivalent to 3.33 mg pred) for 9-10 cycles to no avail.

:hi: ladies

Resurrecting this thread in the hope of connecting with ladies who have had immune therapy.

Congratulations to all the steroid mummies from this thread:flower::flower: I bet you're all madly in love with your steroid babies :cloud9:

It is so inspiring to know how well the immune treatment has worked for all of you.

After 3 losses I finally got extensive immune tests done and these were the only results that indicated a problem. This was my first cycle doing intralipids prior to ovulation, clexane, progesterone and low dose aspirin (after bfp). Truly amazed and grateful that it seems to be working so far, fingers crossed and touch wood!

I have an unusual question for those who have given birth after immune treatment, did you examine the placenta or were you told whether it looked "normal" or did it have a gritty texture with calcifications? The gritty texture is apparently commonly found in ladies with immune issues.

Thanks for reading!

That is interesting peacebaby, all my placentas have been gritty with calcification, blamed it on my clotting disorders. I am currently waiting for the results of natural killer cells biopsy x

Hi peace!
I had my placenta looked at (even have pictures and video commentary :haha:). I was curious for the same reason but my placenta was in perfect condition. I suppose that all the meds did the trick :thumbup:
How far along are you now?

Hi Tasha! Sincerely sorry about your losses :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Actually, i read the RMC thread so I kinda "know" you!

Yes it is very interesting. I read it in the book "Is your body baby friendly?" by Dr Alan Beer. It seems to me to be "reverse proof" that the steroid/immune treatment was necessary if the placenta is gritty.

Did you do the biopsy with Prof Q? Hope the results give you something to work with and leads to a successful outcome :hugs:

Hi peace! Oh that's very interesting. I'm a roid pregnancy but i don't think I will have my placenta looked at.

Hi Petitpas!

Your little boy is so yummy :cloud9:

That is even more interesting! It's precisely what i was wondering, whether the steroid normalises things so the placenta is as it should be.

I'm just over 8wks and terribly nervous but it is the first time we've got this far with a heartbeat. My treatment plan is very similar to Mon_n_John's with intralipids every 3 weeks.

Thanks for popping in xxx

Hi peace! Oh that's very interesting. I'm a roid pregnancy but i don't think I will have my placenta looked at.

:hi:Fili Wow! Look at you almost on the home run! So happy to see it worked for you :hugs:

When will the NHS wake up and smell the steroid brew?!

Thank you, and I am sorry for yours.

I really need to read that book, I think.

I saw Professor Quenby and Professor Brosens, Professor Brosens did the biopsy though as I have known him a few years now.

You are so right about smelling the steriod coffee, how can this all be some weird coincidence, looking at all these women who either have their raiinbows in their arms or in their tums?

I have everything crossed for you x

Tasha I can't recommend the book enough. I took it with me to every appointment and i think it helped because dr's realise that you're not going to just accept any old shoddy excuse. I also printed out all the information from immune drs in the US. Still, last week my NHS RMC consultant insisted that the NKc test is meaningless and that intralipids do nothing:growlmad: But after i said that I'd seen his private practice website where he openly advertises immune treatment he quickly changed his attitude, admitting that clexane improves implantation etc.

These drugs cost less than it does for the NHS to deal with repeated ERPC's so it is criminal that they won't accept the evidence.

I hope there is good news for you soon :hugs: I will look out for that!

Peace what immune testing did you have done?

Did you get the intralipids on the NHS?

I agree with taking info, I printed some info off Dr Shehata website re treatment for thyroid antibodies and think I have persuaded my consultant to prescribe steroids

Xx

I think the main problem is that it is very difficult to collect scientific evidence. There is a trial going on at the moment but it must be very hard for them to find the right test subjects.
To be honest, I'm not too convinced of the tests but I am convinced the steroid treatment works. There are just too many of us having live babies :D

Fili, it is standard procedure for the midwife to check your placenta. They just don't always mention it. I happened to be asked whether I wanted mine (some people do the funniest things with them!) and just said no, I only wanted to see it.

Peace, I'm keeping everything crossed for your bubs fxfxfxfx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->