The steroid junkies' perfectly unscientific medical trial

As far as I know, estrogen thickens the lining and once ovulation happens, progesterone improves glands and arteries and gets the lining ready for implantation rather than thickening it further. As follicles develop, estrogen production seems to increase exponentially towards ovulation so a lot can happen in a few days. Good luck!

Hi Laidies, little update from me. I went for a scan y'day and my lining was 9.1 I'm so.... happy!! all i could think about was my lining y'day LOL may be the asprin also helped. Now i have to catch the ovulation surge to go fwd with the FET with steroids. hoping to test from two different brands as i dont always catch my ovulation. any good brands? is it true that ovulation test should be done in the eve rather than morning?

Yeah not FMU as it builds up over night. I use clear blue as they are the easiest for me x

I used cheapos on the afternoon. I could usually tell it was coming a couple of days before I got a positive as the line was getting stronger.
Good luck, hon!

Thank you ladies.. I did the test from clear blue & a online one that i buy. Both came positive with a strong line :))

Ladies.. just to know, since i have caught my ovulation, is it okay to try naturally too? just to maximise my chances? i'm doing the FET next Thursday. Very nervous as my IVF embryo transfer didnt implant at all 2 years ago. I have been naturally preg twice and miscarried. what's new this time is the steriods.. i really hope that will do the trick for me..

hi ladies

tested today bfn feeling rather low at the minute anbody taking steroids and testing soon, af due tuesday any chance its still too early

Hi gbnf, its best to wait until af is due. I have had negative tests while i was preg (not on steroids though) but the blood showed i was preg. i miscarried it however. if you are testing too early it could be that there is less hcg in your urine still if you are preg. i have heard that first response is quite effective. good luck hun.. my prayers are with you.

Ladies, i started my 5mg 5 tablets a day of Prednisolone. is that what you ladies are on too? is it 5mg tablets?

I think my prescription will be for 25mg, well that's what I asked for

I took 25 mg a day after ov and then it was upped to 40mg at bfp, it doesn't make a difference if they are in pieces of 5mg or not. Hope that helps!

Edit, I carried on at 40mg and then started weaning off them by 5mg every week at 8 weeks I think. I was completely off them by 13 weeks.

Mine is 20mg from BFP until ten completed weeks, 10mg for one further week and 5mg for one more x

Thank you ever so much for the replies sweet ladies.. i'm on 25mg a day so same as most of you :)

They do exist as 25mg tablets (in case you didn't want to take five tablets a day). I was on 25mg from ovulation until 12 weeks and then reduced by 5mg every three days. There are several protocols out there and they all seem to work :thumbup:

As for ttc-ing during an FET cycle, I have no idea, sorry :shrug:

ladies, i have got thrush.. :( went and bought canesten pessary & cream. is it okay to have them while i'm having progesterone virginally too? both virginally? my clinic is closed now. i want to be able to have the thrush under controlled for Thursday transfer. I read that thrush messes up your PH balance in there.. so freaking out a bit..

Some progesterone suppositories can be inserted in back passage! Is it cyclogest? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->