The surprise arrival of Archie Robertson 08/02/09 13 weeks early! Pictures attached.

Dona

Reaction score
I was due Archie on 9th May so didn't even make the 2nd trimester. Anyway, here is the story of the baby that just couldn't wait.

Monday 2nd Feb - Went to work expecting a normal day. I had a busy schedule in the morning and a team meeting in the afternoon (I manage a team of 12 ). It came to the last part of the meeting which my 2nd in command took for me, it was 3pm and I felt a wee bit wet so I went to the loo. I got a shock to see 3 big blood clots and lots of blood. Managed to get my hubby to pick me up and then off to the hospital we went. The snow was heavy and it took us an hr to get to the hospital when its only 15 mins from my work normally. Anyway gets to hospital and they told me to rest for the night as the bleeding started to settle. Baby is 26 weeks + 2

Tuesday - I was sent for a scan which found that my cervix were open 2cms and my placenta looked to be low lying. Started bleeding heavy and by night time I was having contractions. They gave me drugs which settled them. Was given one shot of steroids to mature the baby's lungs just in case he comes early. Back to the normal word as contractions stopped.

Wednesday - told to have complete bed rest, had to pee in a bed pan. Had final shot of steroids so baby's lungs will be two weeks ahead of where he is just now.

Thursday - Had another scan to check my cervix and placenta. My cervix has now opened to 4 cms and placenta was not over the neck of the womb so they thought that I could have a natural birth. The told me to expect the baby in the next couple of days. We were both really shocked and scared, didn't know what to expect. The Dr came round from the special baby unit to tell us what to expect from a baby at 26 weeks or 27 weeks. We were shown round the unit. Hard to take all this in, especially that I was just at work a few days ago and now I was going to have my baby.

Friday - Bed rest, heavy bleeding etc. Went back again to the labour suite as started having pains again. Was told to prepare myself to give birth soon.

Sat - Pains stopped but whilst waiting for a bed on the normal ward they started again and this time they were not stopping. I was in real labour. Totally scared stiff thinking about what my baby will be like. He is now 27 weeks exactly. My waters wouldn't break and I was finding it hard to push as he was so small my muscles couldn't hold on to him to push him out.

Sun @ 1.28am - Anyway gave one big push and they broke, baby was born 10 mins later. Both myself and hubby can't get out of our heads the look on Archies face when he popped out, he looked startled. Archie was taken away to the resus room then into an incubator. He weighed in at 2lb 6oz which is a good size for his gestation - 27+2. He also came out breathing on his own and still is so the steroids done their job.

Tues - left the hospital without Archie. This was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do in my life. Broke my heart and felt empty and lost.

Today - getting into a routine and expressing milk. Archie is doing well, he is breathing own his own, eating well and each day his feed will increase by 1.5ml. He is on poo number 2 too! We have been told to take each day as it comes but our little Archie is a fighter and just devine. He will be out of there soon, you watch!

Thanks for all your kind words and well wishes. This forum has gotten me through a miscarriage in April and now I will need your help and support though Archie's journey.

Meet my little Archie for yourself....:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Attachments

• IMG_1890.jpg
    IMG_1890.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_1899.jpg
    IMG_1899.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_1901.jpg
    IMG_1901.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 287
oh gosh hun, uv done so well ...... doing so well !! hope he gets stronger everyday,hes doing fab !!
congrats :dance:

aww congrats he looks like hes doing really well

thank-you for sharing your birth story and Archie is so cute!

Awwww hes such a cutie :D he sounds like hes doing well :) Congratulations, hope he continues to get stronger everyday xxx

Aww hun he is adorable, and looks pretty big for 27 weeks! Congrats to you and hubby and may little Archie get stronger everyday! x x x x

Awww, Archie is so beautiful!

Wishing him all the best and hoping he continues to thrive and comes home to his Mummy and Daddy as soon as possible! And also wishing you and your OH all my congratulations and that you get to take your boy home to begin a lovely, happy life together!

:hug:

Congratulations. So glad Archie is doing well. He is adorable.

Take care

Tara
xx

Well done and congratulations to you all.

He is so beautiful.

Hugs.

xx

congrads and i will be thinking of little Archie, he strong and a fighter!

Aw so glad he is doing ok. :) Congratualtions, he is lovely. x

wow. what an amazing story, and what a gorgeous, strong little fighter you have there!
hope your little man keeps doing well and that you have him home soon!
:hugs: xxx

He is just beautiful, congratulations xo

Wow, he is doing so well. Strong little bubba you have there. Congrats xxx

well isn't he a peach!!!! well done you!! xx

Wow Dona, what a surprise and well done! He is beautiful and I'm sure he'll go from strength to strength x

he is just beautiful!! Congrats hun. Can't wait to see him at home and in your arms!! :)

He is so cute! Congratulations and I'm so happy to hear that he's doing well.

Awe dona he is lovely, well done to you huney over 2lb is really good. i was reading and you mentioned you were home after three days, cant the hospital find you a bed to stay there with him espec asa your breast feeding. I know they get extra funding for this but they prefer not to mention it. My little one was 8 weeks early and they let me stay for three weeks before he was allowed home. ask them sweetie, they wont tell you them selfs. good luck and please do keep us updated, congratulations to all three of you. well done his is going to be fine def and yo know what they say breast is best. XXXXXXXXXXXX

Awhh..bless him...he's such a cutie! I have 2 friends that had babies at 26wks and their children are 100% fine! At his weight...I'm sure he'll be quite the fighter!
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->