The tax credits change 16hrs to 24hrs min

I completely understand that a lot of people can't find work - my dad got made redundant in Nov '10 & hes only just out working again (he was a shift manager but now he's just a supervisor). But there will always be jobs in care!! My OH lost his job a few months back, he does 2 hours a week of fitness instructing & he doesn't claim JSA - what the point when they'll only give him £30.. so we live solely on my wages. I think its about time that an MP came & lived with a commoner like me for a few weeks!! X

i thought only single people could claim jsa ??

He claimed it when we didn't live together but then he got a job, we moved in together, he lost his job & hasn't bothered claiming lol so I don't know.. x

You can claim jsa as a couple with one working. At the start of my first employment my hubby was still claiming jsa whilst he worked as my hours were only part time.

You can claim jsa as a couple with one working. At the start of my first employment my hubby was still claiming jsa whilst he worked as my hours were only part time.

im confused :haha:
i thought if you live with someone only one of you can get jsa but only if none of you are working. iv never had jsa when i have not worked and had a partner working, i thought the working partner took on financial responsability for the non working partner???

in your post did you mean "i" instead of "he" ? makes more sence then :flower:

im confused :haha:
i thought if you live with someone only one of you can get jsa but only if none of you are working. iv never had jsa when i have not worked and had a partner working, i thought the working partner took on financial responsability for the non working partner???

in your post did you mean "i" instead of "he" ? makes more sence then :flower:

YOu can claim contributions based JSA for 6 months if you have paid enough National Insurance in the previous 2 years. Contributions based JSA is not based in income/saving or anything like that, just that you have paid the NI

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->