The terror and the joy

I think the HCG levels sound ok.

Mine were 25 when I found out I was pg. It did end in mc, but my Doctors said that 25 was fine. HCG just develops slowly sometimes, and as long as it's doubling every 2/3 days.

Fingers crossed
SL

:cry:

Nurse just called. Doctor doesn't think I'm pregnant either because 'your numbers are SOOOOO low'. He wanted me to have another blood test at the end of next week. She then says 'ok, so thats what we'll do' and I said that I completely disagree and that I can't understand why I would have so many negative HPTs and now they're positive again. So I have to go in and see the doctor in 2 hours.

I feel like crap. I feel numb. I feel stupid and a nuisance. Mostly I want to run away to the middle of nowhere and scream.

Please keep us posted on how the appointment went. You are NOT stupid or a nuisance. The only way to get things done is to advocate for yourself, which is what you are doing. You are in charge of your body, not the doctors or the nurses. If you need to, get into your car, turn the radio up, roll up the windows and scream at the top of your lungs. I've done it and it helps! Hope all is ok today at the appointment.

Smudge, I'm feeling for you petal, your head must be all over the place.

You are absolutely right to follow up with as many appointments / questions / tests as is necessary to establish your situation - you have every right to be seen and get treatment - do NOT allow someone else to make you feel bad about what you deserve. and potentially, youre only 12 dpo.

I have my fingers very, very tightly crossed, i am hoping very hard for you x

You are not stupid or a nuisance! They like to make you feel that way when they don't want to deal with you, but don't forget - YOU ARE PAYING THEM. THEY ARE WORKING FOR YOU. Keep advocating for yourself and your child.... because no one else will do it for you.

I would like to kick them on your behalf! Can you find a new doc? Sounds like this one isn't worth having!! There are compassionate people out there!

Here are a couple charts on HCG I've found....

https://www.betabase.info/showBasicChart.php?type=Single

also, can't remember where I saw this one, but:

fetal age Normal HCG Levels:
(weeks) MIU/ML
1(3) 5-50 (avg. 14)
2(4) 5-50 (avg. 21)
3(5) 5-50 (avg. 42)
4(6) 10-425
5(7) 19-7,340
6(8) 1,080-56,500

So you might be soooo low, but that doesn't mean your pregnancy isn't viable! Just outside what the doctors like to call "normal." And keep in mind, doctors like writing off anything outside their (limited) experience as impossible!

:hugs: Thanks everyone for your thoughts and wishes....they do help.

So I went and saw Dr and he talked to me about false hopes and primrose paths etc..... He does hope that I am pregnant and it's all ok, he just kept repeating 'I don't want you to be disappointed again'. I cried pretty much the whole time.

As far I am concerned there is SOMETHING going on and as much as I want it to be a pregnancy, at this stage I would settle for a bloody idea ! I'm having another blood test Monday week (7th June). Apparently he wants to wait that long so that the HCG level, whatever it may be, will be definitive. Crazy, insane DR, but I understand his reasoning. If it's going to be, it will be whether I know my HCG today or in a months time. Makes sense eh ?
But in my negative and frustrated mind, I wonder if he's making me wait because he's expecting me to call in the meantime and I tell him I got AF :wacko:

I feel pregnant. I took another CB digi today and it came up 'pregnant' within a minute. Without confirmation, I'm going with '75%' pregnant.

I know I should probably get another DR, but this guy doesn't deliver anymore. I'm a high risk pregnancy anyway, so I'll go to a perinatologist from 12 weeks. If I am pg, then I'm only going to see him a couple more times. If I'm not, I'm going to a different one.

So, 8 days of wondering :growlmad:

Wow, what a roller coaster. These 8 days are going to be really hard. I hope you can manage to find a way to keep your mind from thinking about it too much. I feel like there is some hope in this story. I have read of other women who's pregnancies didn't progress as quickly. The doctor's said there was no hope, but the women went on to have healthy babies. I actually don't think the doctor is making you wait so that you'll call him about getting AF. I think he really doesn't know much at this point and needs to give your body some time before he can do more tests. It seems like a good sign to me that your digi came up pregnant immediately. I have everything crossed for you. Please continue to keep us updated hon.

xoxo

Wow, what a roller coaster. These 8 days are going to be really hard. I hope you can manage to find a way to keep your mind from thinking about it too much. I feel like there is some hope in this story. I have read of other women who's pregnancies didn't progress as quickly. The doctor's said there was no hope, but the women went on to have healthy babies. I actually don't think the doctor is making you wait so that you'll call him about getting AF. I think he really doesn't know much at this point and needs to give your body some time before he can do more tests. It seems like a good sign to me that your digi came up pregnant immediately. I have everything crossed for you. Please continue to keep us updated hon.

xoxo

Sooooooo, less than 24 hours till 2nd HCG test !

I'm a wee bit nervous but mostly I just want to know.

If it's good the doc will hopefully give me a scan asap. I've been trying to figure dates (didn't have an af between mc and bfp) and I'm somewhere between 5.5 and 6.5 weeks.

Hope I'm back with good news !

I've been thinking about you! Good luck at your test. Hope you're back with good news too!

Congratulations. I am so pleased for you have a wonderful and happy 9 months

After a torturous LONG 2 week wait my hcg has gone from 25 miu 14 days ago to....

12877 :happydance::happydance:

congratulations! that is great news...it gives me hope for myself!

Wow! I can't believe it. I've been watching you post for a couple of months now, and you're the first person I've come to notice that has a BFP after a MC. Yay! You're in the over-35 club too, right? First one? Can you remind us of MC dates? We will be doing belly dances to hope you carry well and to term!! Also, be sure to come back and keep us updated. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Again.... just wow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->