The Thread of Calm

Hi ladies, I guess I ought to introduce myself huh? My name is Heather, the hubs and I have been married for almost 5 years, I have a 3.5 year old and an 11 month old. I work 40 hours in 4 days each week as a police dispatcher. I don't really have time for hobbies as the boys and work keep me quite busy. I love taking the boys to the park, library and pool when it's open. We are working on number three and will be happy whenever he/she comes. Good luck to everyone!

Wantanerd - How weird is that that we both have it on the same day :wacko:

I found out about my thyroid after having Earl - apparently it's quite common for it to flare up after you've had a LO and most times it calms down again but mine hasn't. Last time I went they told me I was on too much Levo and dropped me down a notch and I hope to heaven that this time my dose will be ok. My Dr did say it's better to be on too much than too little though. I know what you mean about the prodding. I've had a blood test ever 4-6 weeks for the past 14 months!! My phlebotomist is brilliant - she hasn't failed and she's now done 3 tests and first time every time. When you consider my midwife wouldn't even go near me with a needle and used to send me to the hospital for my tests, that's an achievement! :thumbup:

Hardworknmama - Police dispatcher! :shock: you have my admiration completely! I work in a pensions call centre and that's bad enough.

Just realised I haven't really introduced myself - I've been on here about 3 years now so kind of assume lol.

I'm Aimee, 27, live in Norfolk with my Hubby of 4.5 years and our LO who's 18 months now. We also have a dog and 3 goldfish. I work in a pensions call centre, 4 days per week, and I'm currently studying to be able to work from home as a proof-reader.

I haven't really introduced myself either.

My name is Becky, I live with my OH of 11 years and we have an 18 month old baby Thomas. I work in an adult mental health service as a Clinical Psychologist, four days a week. It's a stressful job at times (particularly dealing with the craziness of the Irish health care system) but I love it and it is certainly never boring. I live in Dublin but am originally from Galway in the west of Ireland.

Me and Aimee Lou had our babies within a day of one another so it would be fab to be bump buddies again!

Hi everyone!

I'm an EA, working full time in the City and I'm currently learning to drive and coming to the end of my first year doing an Open University degree. In my free time I love to bake. I'm a baking fiend! I also enjoy swimming to de-stress, but tbh I haven't really done much recently :blush: I have two beautiful cats - Layla and Lottie, who keep me company when hubby is doing one of his million hobbies, and I loove my kindle. When it's all written down it sounds very much like I need a calm approach! He he. I barely have time for BD'ing ;)

PS. Glad you made it over here Lyra! :flower:

We can scrap driving off that list. I passed my test this morning! Woo hoo! :happydance: Also my real name is Natalie. The 'NotNic' bit comes from my married surname. I still don't feel like I am one of them!

Hubby and I are NTNP for our first and he asks me everyday if I think I'm pg or not. He might get sick of asking that question! Some days I think I might be, then I change my mind the next day. Anyone else think they 'feel different'?

Hubby and I are NTNP for our first and he asks me everyday if I think I'm pg or not. He might get sick of asking that question! Some days I think I might be, then I change my mind the next day. Anyone else think they 'feel different'?

Definitely - It's difficult not to think 'maybe that twinge/ache/pain is PG related'. It's weird this time around for me as I had no symptoms last time so I have no idea what I'm looking for. Still got 2 weeks to wait until I can even think about my AF being late so we'll have to wait and see.

Polaris - That would be lovely to be bump-buddies again. It's strange as there's a lot of the October ladies who are currently PG again or are trying again. I think once your LO gets to the more independent toddler stage your body's instincts kick in! :shrug:

It's not a very scientific way of doing things is it?! Also it's completly ridiculous that I think I might be pg. I'm not someone who particularly takes note of PMT or signs that my AF was due. When I was on BCP and before, I knew when it was due, and that was that! I'd get a bit bloated beforehand, and put on a tiny bit of weight, but I never honestly noticed anything else. Now I'm questioning myself because I think I'm supposed to be looking for symptoms! The only 'symptom' I have is that I'm bloomin' exhausted. I took Monday off work because I couldn't physically drag myself out of bed and I'd had a normal weekend.

This is probably not because I am pg but because I am run down and shattered! I go away next week for the first week off work since I got married last June. Can't wait!

It's not a very scientific way of doing things is it?! Also it's completly ridiculous that I think I might be pg. I'm not someone who particularly takes note of PMT or signs that my AF was due. When I was on BCP and before, I knew when it was due, and that was that! I'd get a bit bloated beforehand, and put on a tiny bit of weight, but I never honestly noticed anything else. Now I'm questioning myself because I think I'm supposed to be looking for symptoms! The only 'symptom' I have is that I'm bloomin' exhausted. I took Monday off work because I couldn't physically drag myself out of bed and I'd had a normal weekend.

This is probably not because I am pg but because I am run down and shattered! I go away next week for the first week off work since I got married last June. Can't wait!

The month I was pregnant on Thomas I had no symptoms at all until about 14 dpo. Whereas other months I have had loads of symptoms and not been pregnant. I actually think symptom spotting is pretty useless as a guide to whether you might be pregnant. My TTC goal is to ignore all 'symptoms' and to hold off on testing until AF is really late. Easier said than done though LOL.

What does CAC stand for in your status?

I hate symptom spotting because there are so many PG symptoms that are also AF symptoms. I try not to symptom spot purely because when I did, I drove myself crazy! I will not do that again.

OMG! CAC = clueless about conceiving. Too funny! :rofl:

:hi:

After a bit of deliberation I think this is the best place for me! Thanks AL for setting it up! OH & I would like a brother or sister for our DS but given our ages (39 & 42) are realistic it might not happen. The 35+ thread can be scary (but I do dip in) and likewise the full on TTC board (also do dip in!).

I've recently had a m/c (am so so gutted, it was horrible :cry:) and my lovely lovely midwife advised me to chill out and not get stressed about it (if possible) so i'm off for some reflexology (her suggestion!) and am being calm about TTC. If it doesn't happen then we are blessed with our amazing son and for that i'm so grateful so am taking it easy and seeing what happens! I'm still bleeding and showing positive pregnancy tests so calm, calm, calm is where I need to be!

Our DS is 17 months and the most amazing wee boy. I've been with OH for 8 years this year and we live by the sea in Scotland xx

Welcome Piemistress! :wave:

Not a lot going on.....something like a cold coming on (I'm all sniffly and so is Earl!) and tired from work. TGIF tomorrow!!

Blood test went well too.....found my vein and everything! Results should be back monday - Finger X'd girls!!

I am pretty calmy ttcing because oh is on a dry dock...

Glad today went okay aimee-lou. Let us know how you got on. xx

Hiya PieMistress So sorry to hear about your recent loss. The ladies on this thread, and NTNP have all been lovely, supportive and to the most part sane(!) :haha: I'm so pleased you've found us over here :hi:

My mum used reflexology to help her recover from post-traumatic headaches awhile ago. She said it was amazing. I hope you enjoy it and take the time to look after yourself. As a treat to myself for cutting down on alcohol (in the run up to my wedding last yr) I used the money I saved on nights out on other treats for myself - facials, wax pedicures, massages etc. and I'm now hooked! If you ever find somewhere that does a hot bamboo massage, sell your OH for one! It's just about the best massage ever! Look forward to keeping in touch with you. xx

Nothing really new for me. I have decided that I'm only pg in my head(!) so I'm going to stop thinking about it! Though when I told someone at work how tired I was they asked me if I was pregnant, so perhaps I am..... :winkwink: Hehe! Nx

I have been listening to music lately and reading more than I have been. I realized even if I get pregnant and I am stressed, it wouldn't be good for the baby so I am trying to stay relaxed and focus on other aspects of my life. When I think about TTC, I am staying positive.

Welcome PieMistress and Morri! Glad to have you both in our group.

Pie, sorry about your loss and have fun with the reflexology. I have heard that you are more fertile after a loss. Good luck to you.

aimee, that's great about your blood work. I hope the results are what you are looking for.

morri, please forgive me but what is dry dock?

notnic, it is so hard to get it out of your head when it's already there. Good luck and stay busy!

wantanerd, great job staying positive! Keep up the good work.

Not much going on with me. The boys have been sick and now I think I am coming down with something. I am hoping that it's just a sore throat and it is short lived.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to pass on that Polaris (becky) has posted in the toddler section that Thomas is in hospital with severe anaemia. There is a thread on there if you want to leave a message for her.
https://www.babyandbump.com/toddler-pre-school/618974-thomas-hospital.html

Dry dock is where ships go to get repaired. My OH works for a ship management company and every once in a while my OH has to travel to ships that are in a dry dock to get overhauled or to get repaired. (He has to overlook what the workers are doing and do a lot of paperwork. (atm he is in china) (Or he has to travel to ships that just are in a port to check up on them)

Ah gotcha! That sounds like quite the interesting job. Do you ever get the chance to go on his travels with him?

Some times I do, but he has to pay the travel(flight) out of his own pocket though. I have been in Italy(close to Pisa :) ) in Antwerp and in Istanbul :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->