The Thread of Calm

Nice! I would love it if OH had a job where we had the opportunity to travel the world from time to time. As it is, I have never seen the ocean in person and I am honestly not so sure I ever will. Wow, seeing that all typed out makes me quite sad. :nope:

Gosh hardworknmama that really makes me appreciate living in such a small country. I grew up within an hours drive of the sea (even if we wanted to go to the other coast it's only about 2 1/2 hours drive), so there were lots of sandcastle days out. I even lived about 500m away for a year, and very rarely made it down, although I did love to stand in my top floor window and look at it. Now as I work about 10 miles away I see the sea most days, but I still get excited every time like a little girl!

Staying calm here after getting a bit over excited and taking a pg test 7DPO - unsuprisingly negative! Business is taking off a bit and one of our products is in the paper this week, so I'm focussing on that. More business = more money = longer maternity leave.

Nice! I would love it if OH had a job where we had the opportunity to travel the world from time to time. As it is, I have never seen the ocean in person and I am honestly not so sure I ever will. Wow, seeing that all typed out makes me quite sad. :nope:

ditto what Dinah said - I suppose one of the benefits of being in the UK is that youre never more than a few hours from the sea......albeit the north sea which isn't fantastic (freezing cold and grey! lol).

Travelling is still something I need to do though - I have only been abroad twice in my life, once my parents eloped when I was 6 and we lived in Spain for 5 months, and then to Italy on our honeymoon. We go to Ireland a lot but it's to visit family who are over there. Takes about an hour on a plane. Wish we go further afield more often. I can see the next time we go overseas being a family holiday to Disneyland Paris in 3-4 years time.

I have been a lot abroad when I was a kid, but it is easier here because Germany has about 11 countries that are surrounding us and scandinavia just on our doorstep.

I am hoping DH gets overseas orders the next time we pcs to a new base. I would love to live in Germany or anywhere in Europe.

how is everyone today? We've had a day out at the local railway museum and had a fab time. Earl loved the trains and buses and we had a nice piece of cake :D

Sounds lovely aimee-lou. I had a lovely, albeit hectic weekend and I'm now looking forward to a 12 days in the sun starting Thursday. I can't wait! Hope everyone's well. Does anyone have any news? :)

My calming hobby this week is to take some scrapbook paper and paint it. It is time consuming and keeps my mind busy. Now if my blade for my scrapbook cutter comes, then I can resume scrapbooking.

Hi everyone - good day today! Got blood test back yesterday and it's come back as normal, I'm feeling great now my eyes are healed and my cold has gone, and I'm off work today (I don't work Wednesdays) and have cleaned the house completely, done all the washing and I'm going to take Earl up to the local town to do some shopping this afternoon.. :thumbup: Really need some TTC-related calm today though ladies. Hubby is getting me all in a tiz saying he thinks we've done it, and asking me when I'm testing. he's such a bad influence! :haha:

Hey ladies! Back from days off so I can get all caught up with everyone.

Aimee, glad to hear your bloodwork all came back normal. That is fantastic news! That is too cute that your OH is all excited. I love it when they think they know. ;)

Not much going on around here. AF arrived Monday evening and I spent the morning under a tornado warning. That is loads of fun when you are the one setting off the sirens. We had a few sightings of funnel clouds and then some touchdown reports in the surrounding areas but no injuries and very minimal damage. Do you all get tornados in Europe?

Do you all get tornados in Europe?

Not really. We get something that pretends to be a tornado which usually takes a few roof tiles off - last time I seem to remember it being in the west midlands. We do get the odd small earthquake too - last one was a couple of years ago and all that happened was one man broke his leg as he was crushed by a falling chimney stack. It happened in the middle of the night so most people didn't notice it. It woke me up and I tried to wake up hubby who simple put his hand on the wall and said 'it's a lorry going past' and went back to sleep! :haha:

That's too funny! I hear that people in California do that too, assume the small ones are just a truck going by. :lol:

Hi everyone,

I'm back! Thank you to Aimee Lou for letting everyone know why I've not been around very much. The good news is that my little man seems to be bouncing back, he is out of hospital since Monday evening and in good form today and also eating a bit better. The whole experience has really opened my eyes to how quickly your life can totally change but thankfully it looks like we have been lucky and hopefully his condition is something that will resolve itself with time without any long term consequences. He has follow-up blood tests on 20th June so please keep everything crossed for us!

TTC has not been on my radar over the last week but I'm now going to get back on track with all my vitamin supplements!

Hi Peeps,

Hope everybody is well! I am still showing a BFP which is rubbish as the m/c was nearly 3 weeks ago but i'm not sure how long the pregnancy hormone will take to leave my system and there's no point in ttc until I get BFN and I can hopefully ovulate!

Anyway!! On a lighter note I have a reflexology session tomorrow with a lady that comes to our office once a month so can't wait. The MW told me that being relaxed and calm really is the best approach so i've taken her advice literally!

I have also started taking conception vitamins to help my body both in general and recover a bit from the m/c. Hopefully they will do some good as my cycles were quite irregular previously and I had a bit of mid cycle bleeding. The Zita West 'Vitafem' ones do look really good but very expensive, am sure Pregnacare or supermarket own brands will do the job. Have read conflicting advice however re: supplements (especially Vitamin E)

Polaris - am so so glad Thomas is out of hospital and feeling better,whoop! It must have been a horrible time for you!

We were down in London last weekend and nearly didn't make it back due to the ash cloud but fortunately our flight was one of the few not cancelled so didn't have a 500+ mile journey home!! Had a lovely time visiting family (aside from MIL!!) and DS spent the entire time chasing cats around - he is obsessed, it's hilarious!!

Pie, sorry about your loss. It's good to see that you have such a positive attitude and good for you for staying relaxed. :hugs:

Pie Mistress, so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope the reflexology session is ultra relaxing and that your system gets back to normal quickly.

Pie Mistress - so sorry to hear about it too and I hope the reflexology helps.

Ladies how are we? I'm 7dpo and I am succeeding in keeping away from the tests lol. I am determined to wait until next week (due AF sometime between the 1st and 5th June) but I can see me caving by wednesday lol.

Polaris - so pleased to read that Thomas is doing better. :thumbup:

Glad to hear your LO is okay Polaris.

CD2 here, very bad one, I'm on constant hot water bottles, big one on my tummy and a little one on my back between me and the chair.

DH has been headhunted this week, hopefully the interview will be in the next few weeks, be fab for growing our family if he got it as it would be a £4-£9,000 pay rise, although with a longer commute which would take a bit of that. Would still help us out though and its kind of his dream job, so lots of positive vibes and prayers this way please, if he got it I could take a full years maternity so really good news all around.

Dinah, good luck vibes and fingers crossed for your hubby! Taking a full years worth of mat leave would be awesome! I only took 7 weeks with my first and then 8 weeks with my second, although I was itching to get back to work with both. Back to you though, good luck!

Not much going on here, just finishing up AF and gearing up to take the boys to Jiggle Jam tomorrow. Jiggle Jam is a kids music festival and we have so much fun out there. Lots of music to dance to, houses to bounce in, crafts to get crafty with and fountains to play in. I am just keeping my fingers crossed for good weather tomorrow and no rain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->