• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Time Traveler's Wife

butrfly

Mom to Sweet Elijah
Reaction score
:happydance: i'm so excited. august seems so far away! i've been waiting for this movie since last year!

i have read the book at least six times from cover to cover (had it for four years). i always marvel at how Audrey Niffenegger managed the story's timeline. i just love it love it love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu8lYr0kf7g

my husband and i watched this together and i just had to blurt out how i was falling in love with the story all over again! can't wait to watch the whole thing. i hope not to be disappointed by the movie.

anyone else in love with henry & clare?

Its my favourite book in the whole world! Ive read it a million times. I didnt know they were making it into a film, not sure I want to watch it.

I can't wait to see this..

I love Rachel McAdams!!

Its my favourite book in the whole world! Ive read it a million times. I didnt know they were making it into a film, not sure I want to watch it.

a friend of mine said the same thing when he found out it was coming out in the cinema. he's afraid it will spoil the book for him. i hope not, though.

he's already read one spoiler and so he's almost convinced not to see it.

i want to watch the movie and yet hold my infatuation with the story in suspended animation until it's done. if the movie is good, i'll let it let me fall in love again. if the movie is bad, i will try to forget the movie by re-reading the book again and again and again.

(which part do you love the most? i like the part where clare and her grandmother are talking and her grandma asks her if she misses henry and she says "every day. every minute." and her widowed grandmother says "every minute. yes, it's that way isn't it?"

i think i like it best because it shows the timelessness of the way women love. :blush:)

My mum loves this book, I'll have to tell her.

I love the book and cant wait for the film, I really like the main actors too.

I understand why you wouldn't want to watch the film if this is your favourite book, I still cant read Pride and Prejudice because all I see in my head (mind's eye?) is Keira Knightley etc, it's like reading the film. :dohh:

love the book. not sure how good film transition will be though - hopefully awesome

Oh I love this book too, read it a few years ago. I really hope the movie is as good.

I don't think I'll be able to see the movie. I find (with very few exceptions) that if I've enjoyed the book first then I will be disappointed with the movie.
I can see a movie, and read and enjoy the book afterwards, but not the other way round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->