The unassisted homebirth of Scarlett!

Mum2b_Claire

Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!
Reaction score
I woke up at 4am with mild contractions and thought, ooh good, something is starting, slowly. As they were only lasting 10 seconds and were around 10 mins apart i sent OH to work at 6am thinking this would take all day to get going.

Ruby woke up at 7 and we cuddled in bed for a while, the contractions were getting more and more painful and i couldn't lie down any more, so we went downstairs and i put cbeebies on for Ruby while i got breakfast ready.

While i was doing that, my contractions started coming all on top of each other, pretty painful, with no break. So i called the MWs, they said one would come out shortly. Called OH and asked him to come home and called my mum to come round for Ruby.

Ruby asked for more cereal so i went back to the kitchen, the contractions were getting pretty painful by this point and i was having to really tell myself to breathe and relax. Suddenly i needed the toilet so i went, but when i sat down i started to feel like i had to push and my waters went. i was a bit worried as i didn't think i could possibly be fully dilated so was a bit worried to push. but scarlett was very obviously right there, my body was pushing involuntarily so i had to go with it. i pushed and her head was born, then in the next contraction seconds later her body came out and i caught her.

She was crying right away but a bit blue. i wrapped her in towel and went into the living room, ruby was fascinated that her baby sister was here and she said 'ooh, she's got little ears'. :haha: i rang the mws back and told them i had had the baby, she said the mw wasn't in the area yet so the paramedics were called. then my mum arrived at that point thank god! The MW and paramedics were there soon but there wasn't a great deal of point of the paramedics, they had nothing to do but they were lovely anyway and stayed to chat and be entertained by Ruby while the MW cut the cord, and helped me deliver the placenta.

i lucikly didn't need stitches despite the 5 minute long 2nd stage!
Scarlett's latch really isn't great and she is very sleepy but she has still managed some really good feeds, so i am confident we will get there with BF this time!

Oh and she weighs 6lb 15oz and is 49cm long.

:cloud9:

Aww congratulations, what a fast 2nd stage for you. I'm glad you and baby are doing fine after her quick entry into the world xx

congratulations!!! I'm so glad their weren't any complications. How long did your entire labor last?

Huge congratulations! I would have been frightened to do it on my own! Good luck with the breastfeeding.

Wow! You have a lot to be proud of! Congrats on your new little one.

Wow that was quick!

Congratulations Claire, looking forward to seeing photos xxx

what a shock! When did your OH arrive? Congratulations :flower:

Wow that was quick, congratulations x

Congratulations!!

That sounds amazing,I love how calm it sounds like you were about it all!Hope you're all doing well xxx

Wow, well done Mama! That's amazing! And how lovely for Ruby just to be sitting eating her breakfast and then Mummy appears from the bathroom with her baby sister! :dance:

Wow what a fantastic Birth story. Congratulations to you all! Xxx

Congratulations on baby Scarlett, what a beautiful name! And what an amazing story :dance:

Oh wow! Congrats hun!

Oh wow!! Amazing birth story. You did so well . Congratulations xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"