The Vodka and Watermelon Girls

I actually didn't sleep through this year! Last year I was in bed by 10:00 :haha:

HAHA I made it to midnight as well!! I didn't think I'd make it but I did :)

Happy New Year!

I'm off to Madrid today. I am having a rough day. I just got home yesterday. I was home about 24 hours. I'm really missing C and feeling like a shitty mom for not being there when she needs me. She's just not sleeping well for MIL. She has dark circles under her eyes. Yesterday afternoon for her second nap she was still going after 2 hours. It was 6:30 pm and I needed to wake her so it didn't really screw up bedtime. Then it was difficult to get her down at bedtime. Her routine is all messed up since I'm not home to do nap time. I am literally in tears because I feel so awful. I hate seeing her so tired. I got MIL to try and wear her but overheard her saying things to C while wearing her as I was getting ready to leave this morning over the baby monitor. Saying that C doesn't like it with her as it reminds her of me. Just not true. She didn't give it a chance. I am sorry. I just need a vent with people who understand. I miss my girl. I'm a shit mom. :cry:

V, you're in no way a shit mom!:hugs:

It's so hard to balance work and kids. I remember when S started having separation anxiety and all I could do was leave her at daycare screaming. :cry:

Part of me felt even worse bc aside from financial, mentally I needed to have a career.:dohh:

I wish I could tell you something to make you feel better, but I promise C will be no worse for the wear, long term.

Your not a shit mum Viking, your doing what you have to do!! Her sleep will get fixed again and I agree with the other ladies she will be no worse for wear when she's older. Hang in there :hugs::hugs:

Dmom congrats Hun! Give it time to soak in.

Viking it maybe to hard physically for your MIL to wear C. Or just uncomfortable and then C picks up on that and gets fussy. They pick up on your moods big time and will react to them.

Comment congrats! Happy new year all!

V...far from shitty my friend

Indigo...I went to bed at about 4:30!!!! And then mr frisky woke up...it was more like 5am ish before I actually slept lol

Indigo, we're you actually able to sleep? Eve if you couldn't, I assume the silence was wonderful!:thumbup:

S got home from Boston very late last night, 1:00. As usual, she got dropped off at the airport at 4:00 for an 8:30 flight and then got delayed.:growlmad: Luckily, this was the last trip we were obligated to entertain, so from here on out, it's all at her discretion.:happydance:

H was up from 10-12:00 last night and started his day around 5:30; I had hoped his sleep would get better by now. Don't get me wrong, the really bad nights are fewer in frequency since we started bed sharing, but the situation is still nowhere near ideal.:nope:

You better get a California King to accommodate the new one too!:haha::haha:

We're thinking about going to Disney for next Xmas.

When it was just S and myself, we went out-of-town several times and loved it! We still decorated and did cookies, so none of the holiday spirit was missing and it's so nice to come home to a clean house and no stress from having to entertain.

The only advice I have as far as travelling with family is to make sure everyone knows it's ok to take time and do their own thing, as well as skipping out on a few meals together, too.:thumbup:

Yes, I actually slept, B!

I also had my coffee in peace....& then a BM in privacy....it's those little things....:winkwink:

I'm glad S is home. Did she have a good time? I still think they're evil for making her travel on Xmas day & NY day....:growlmad:

The kid damned near kissed the ground she was so happy to be home, lol. And I'm telling you, H must have felt S was on her way home last night bc there was no getting that baby in bed.:wacko:

You know, I'm not sure if H really realized S was gone, until she showed back up last night. He just felt something was different.:wacko:

M, yes...she got on a plane at noon on Xmas day; we spent the morning at the airport.:growlmad:

How are you feeling?:happydance:

Garnet

Did you like being away from home for Xmas?

DH & in-laws are entertaining the thought of a destination Xmas next year, but I so love being at home for the holidays.

Yes I like being away! I gotta tell yah since our loss two years ago during the Christmas season, it has never been the same :cry: I just go through the motions and felt empty! I wanted to just get it over with and put it everything away! I needed to be away this year! :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->