the WAIT, WAIT, WAIT game!

WinterSnow

Reaction score
Does anyone else notice that we have been waiting to ovulate, then it's the two week wait, followed by the wait each cycle for the BFP. Now that the BFP is here, it's a new waiting game!

My DH and I have only know about our BFP for a week - and it seems like a month because we are always thinking about it

But we are afraid to tell anyone - we have 8 more weeks until we get a scan to hear the heartbeat. 8 more WEEKS!

:-# :-# :-# This feels like the hardest part of waiting ! :-# :-# :-#
Anyone can relate?

I'm thankful that you ladies are here and understand, even though I don't personally know you, it's comforting. :hugs:

I felt the same hun, but the time will start to fly by, we found out at 4weeks and , I was like omg 8weeks till we can tell anyone, and now im 7weeks 4days it has started to go so quick!!!

Time is CRAWLING for me right now! I am lucky enough to get a 7 week scan and the next two weeks will not go by fast enough :brat:
Because of my MC I am wondering every day if my pregnancy is still viable :(

I hate always waiting for something. I am not patient when it comes to this sort of stuff!

Lol @ the wait,wait, game :haha::haha:

So true!!!

I'm not exactly the most patient person either . . I have another 2/3 weeks before my next scan . . it is DRAGGING!

Congratulations on your BFP Wintersnow xxxx :baby::happydance::baby::happydance:

We found out before we were even 4 weeks along. I want to wait until I get an ultrasound before we tell anyone... I won't get an ultrasound until some time after 10 weeks!!

Time is CRAWLING for me right now! I am lucky enough to get a 7 week scan and the next two weeks will not go by fast enough :brat:
Because of my MC I am wondering every day if my pregnancy is still viable :(

I found my BFP on the same day as you ;)
My doctor won't do a scan until 12 weeks. So I have like 7-8 weeks until I know anything. UGH! Crawling...... it's crawling....

I think it is just helpful for us to have that validation no matter what, but I can understand in your situation the added anxiousness.

i didnt know if it was just cos january is just a long month anyway, or if it is just because i am wishing time away but january seems to have been here FOREVER! and we still have another week of it to go yet! :(

come on february - you are an exciting month! (lots happening in february) hurry up and get here? :)

Ha ha, that's so true! We found out at 4+2 and have first scan at 12+4. The scan's next week but have been counting down the days for weeks..I think magicubble's right, January is a very long month! Congrats on BFP xx

2 weeks 5 days till my dating scan. i cant wait :) its true though, time does eventually start to slip by a bit quicker once you get used to it.... until you are looking forward to the next exciting thing. i remember being 5 weeks and thinking time was going at snail pace. work was a nightmare as i was counting seconds, minutes and hours everyday. head really wasnt in the right place to be doing my work properly! :)

but now i seem to be 10 weeks tomorrow already. although it has gone slowly i am wondering when 10 weeks suddenly happened :)

Completely agree with magicbubble (sorry will spell your name right this time!)

What helped me WinterSnow was instead on focussing on 8 weeks time, break it up like only 3 days or whatever till the weekend when I'm doing... or only a week until I see thingy majiggy! Shorter 'countdowns' do come round quicker!! Hope that makes sense..still waking up!! x

yes. it definately helped me having christmas and new year festivities in between.... its just january that has been taking ages. its a long month but is also an non eventful one. and the closer i get to doing exciting things in feburary the longer it will take again.

do you find the more you look forward to something the slower the days go leading upto that event?

Its been very slow for me too. Im almost 9 weeks and ive only just got my first midwife appointment today! Probably be another 3/4 weeks til the scan. Driving me crazy! My parents keep saying 'when can we tell people' I guess they feel the long wait too!

I'm exactly the same! I tried to celebrate the small milestones....I thought it was great to get to 6 weeks as I heard most MC happen before this....then to get to 8 weeks as risk drops again....then its time to look forward to first MW appt, and scan, and before you know it, 1st tri (in my opinion surely the hardest!) will be over.
Woo hoo!

Scary thing is girls that it doesn't stop!! After you get your first scan, you are waiting to find out the sex, waiting til 27 weeks viable, waiting for your due date, waiting til the baby is actually born!! Get used to waiting, it sucks, but worth it in the end!!

arghhhhhhh i hate all the waiting to ha ha its soooo hard i found out at 3 weeks and something so real early so it feels like ages already but had my 5week 3d scan 2day and then i have my midwife at 7 weeks 2d then another scan at 8weeks 3d so im kinda lucky got things spread out to try and make time go by bit quicker i jsut pray everything carries on going great :) xxxxxx

the first weeks between 4-6 weeks went so slow for me! but as soon as I hit 10 weeks it seems to be whizzing!

I'm so impatient as well, glad I'm not the only one!

I am praying that at my 8 week appt on the 9th that my doctor will allow me a ultrasound because of my previous mc and my thyroid issue puts me more at risk for a mc early on. (my last one was a missed mc, had no idea). He currently doesn't do any ultrasound until 20 weeks, and looks with a doppler after 14 weeks, so I know I can't wait that long!!!

The waiting game is the worst. I found out at 4 weeks also and I had early doctor appointment and a scan at 5 weeks 2 days. Broke mines down by weeks I believe by mc risk going down the viability to make it easy for me.
I had 6 weeks...
then 8 weeks...
then 10 weeks...
I have the NC Scan scan at 12 weeks... and welcome the 2nd trimester
then 14 weeks...May can feel it move
then 16 weeks... and the baby can hear me sing:happydance:
20 weeks I get the ultasound
26 weeks viability
30 weeks just because
34 weeks is when I had my last daughter so I feel safe here
37 I had my oldest so I'm really safe but probably tired by now.
Im delivered by 39 or earlier by c/s
I will have numerous u/s due to my age and some risks so that will make my wait in between those even closer. Just break it down. At 10 weeks, I dont even pay attention to that anymore, I just know every Tuesday is a new week.:hugs:

Oh i know tell me about it! I'm 6 weeks today and i found out 1 week and 1 day ago and each day feels like a week! I've got to wait 4 weeks for my first antenatal appointment and then a further 2 weeks after that for the 12 week scan. I'm not sure about you but this is my first baby and to me it feels so long and like a million miles away because i'm just so worried about the risks of miscarriage and abnormalities etc. I can't WAIT until 12weeks, i might finally be able to stop worrying! I keep reading up on all these horror stories of miscarriage and can't stop panicking, it's absolutely horrible :( To me, that's why time is going so slowly, not sure about you but best of luck throughout your pregnancy anyway :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"