the waiting is driving me insane

ARouge

mother of twin girls
Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post here. I wasn't sure if I should post this in the OPK or HPT forum.
DH and I DTD on the 16th day of my cycle. It was a one time, spur of the moment type thing. So that was almost 2 weeks ago. I have a 28 - 29 day cycle. I had bought some ovulation prediction strips out of curiousity and wasn't very consistent about taking them and so I never saw a LH surge. Well last Sunday I started feeling nauseous and very tired, so I started thinking I might be pg, of course. I have been testing every day with both the OPKs and HPTs. Every day the line on the OPK gets darker and darker but I have yet to get a positive HPT! Today is day 28 of my cycle and again the HPT is a BFN.

Is there anything else that could be causing my OPK to continue to get darker? I am having a lot of pregnancy symptoms such as nausea, no appetite, and exhaustion. However, I don't know if that's just PMS. The waiting is torture, I wish I would know one way or the other. I was just wondering if anyone else had positive OPKS but it took awhile to get a positive HPT?

Thanks for reading.

apart from your opk picking up hcg i dont think it would detect anything else
is your opk getting darker or lighter ???

the opk is getting darker every day

I would wait a few days and do another pregnancy test
unless your ovulating again the lines on opk should not be getting darker and it doesnt sound like its the right time for you to be ovulating again.

good luck

thanks, I just don't know why it's taking so long for me to get a BFP. Last time I got a BFP days before AF was due. This waiting sucks!

I'm not making it any easier on myself with all the testing either! I need to put down the sticks for a couple of days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->