The weaning starts

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
So, Chase seems to be taking well to baby oatmeal. Will be increasing that to two feedings a day for another week then..............

onto fruit and veggies.

Stocked up on the jars today and ready to go :)

Can't believe we are on this stage already.

Good luck! Hope Chase enjoys his solids as much as Hannah (well most days :lol:)

:D weaning is sooo fun. Hope he likes his new foods! xx

I almost hate the weaning stage though. LOL Am I feeding enough, am I doing this right, etc. It's almost scarey yet I've already been through it.

One thing I won't be doing though is giving those jars of meat and veggies when it comes to that stage. My other two kids hated that crap.

I cant get caitlyn to eat her veggies yet! She eats every kind of fruit going though! :dohh:

Ah, she's got a sweet tooth! :rofl:

Hannah has liked everything but carrots. And she'll eat those but not as eagerly as her other foods :lol:

blimey, its that time already? Im sure Chase will love it!!

hope chase enjoys in leeanne, sounds like he'll do great, i'm loving weaning maddi but i do find it really scary! i never no if i'm doing it right :dohh: x

So, Chase seems to be taking well to baby oatmeal. Will be increasing that to two feedings a day for another week then..............

onto fruit and veggies.

Stocked up on the jars today and ready to go :)

Can't believe we are on this stage already.
how old is chase ? im not sure when to start weaning jack they say wait till there 6 months old now don,t they . x

I can't belive it's that time already!

Weaning scares me :rofl:

Good luck Chase!

Violet- here most doctors say at 4 months depending on the baby. They used to recommend 6 months, but it is not necessary alot of the time. However alot of people still believe in waiting 6 months. When I was a baby, we were given solids at 1 month!

The rules are always changing with baby feeding I think. But it just comes down to the individual baby I think.

Jasmine has started cereal and she is 3 months, but she has reflux and it was discussed with my doctor. All she has is one small bowl of rice cereal.

chase is growing so fast i can remeber the day you had him lol doesnt seem like two mins ago well hope he likes his food :)

Good luck Chase!

Violet- here most doctors say at 4 months depending on the baby. They used to recommend 6 months, but it is not necessary alot of the time. However alot of people still believe in waiting 6 months. When I was a baby, we were given solids at 1 month!

The rules are always changing with baby feeding I think. But it just comes down to the individual baby I think.

Jasmine has started cereal and she is 3 months, but she has reflux and it was discussed with my doctor. All she has is one small bowl of rice cereal.
i don,t think i will be waiting untill jack is 6 months will proberly start weaning him about 4 & half months - 5 months , to be honest jack is my 4th with my oldest i started him on creamy mashed potato & rice at 10 weeks old as he needed it ,the other 2 were about 4 months old . xx

I looked back at the times I started weaning my other two kids and it was roughly 4 1/2 months. They've never had problems with digestion, etc. I think as long as food is introduced gradually over time and not done all at once it is not a negative affect.

With Chase, and my others, they were hungry babies and bottles/breastfeeding didn't satisfy them 100%. A little bit of baby cereal helped, etc.

Tried Chase on a bit of sweet potatoes today and he seemed to like them, but it just wasn't the right time of the day and with him feeling so crappy, he didn't want to eat for long. Poor little guy :(

BTW, decided to copy what you have and are doing Vickie :) With my other kids, I really didn't have a forum to ask questions about weaning etc. so I am not an expert :) I just did what I thought was right. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->