The whole nine yards, UK buddies due September 2013

Lou1

Pregnant with second
Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Thought I'd start a group of UK dwellers to share the next nine months with. It's early days for all of us but this pregnancy I'm going to think positive.

I'm expecting 20th Sept (my calculations), conceived using clomid first cycle this time. Also had clomid to conceive my Ds who is now 18 months.

Anyone seen their GP yet? I'm waiting til 6 week mark. Because of the clomid they'll refer me for early scan me soon as go so that's why I'm hanging on.

Symptoms? I have nil except for odd abdo niggle. Evening sickness didn't kick in til 6weeks with my first so enjoying eating my tea whilst I can!

Lou :flower:

I'll add team yellow, pink or blue as and when the time comes!

9th Sept MaryP83
11th Sept EstelSeren
14th Sept Bubbles84
15th Sept Lynnikins
20th Sept Lou1
20th Sept Loukachu
23rd Sept Pigolina

:hi:

How have you found trying? You're right its early days for us but let's hope this is the start of a healthy 9 months for us. Will b nice to share it, I don't know anyone pregnant at the moment in 'real life'.

I'm 28 and husband is 30. I remember getting the bfp with my son. It was surreal. It was fab this time too....just not as bigger shock knowing it can happen. How did u tell ur partner?

This was only cycle 2 of TTC so we've been very fortunate. I wasn't very creative telling hubby, just ran downstairs and shoved the test in his face! I would like to do something a bit more exciting for telling family, though. My parents especially as this will be their first grandchild :) will you do anything fun to tell people?

I'm 25 and husband is 35, we're in Edinburgh. We only know one other couple locally that have kids. Most of my girlfriends aren't really 'there' yet. Did you find it easy to meet mama buddies when expecting your son? I must admit I do worry about being a lonely preggo sometimes! Especially as both of our families live 100s of miles away :(

I did something similar with my hd. Both times I just blurted out I'm pregnant. The excitement over ruled me planning anything better! Although with my son we told our family Christmas day which was just after the scan. We sat to eat and I was offered the mushrooms with sliton....I said I can't in my condition. Then the penny dropped it was lovely really made Christmas day. This time, knowing my brother in law and his wife have struggled I think we will b a bit more tactful and low key. I know my mum and sister will be ecstatic thou.

I meet some ladies at the local aquanatal. Loved it,but on the whole I've kept my original friends, all if whom had no children. A few have had some now. I've quite liked it because it kept me from talking babies all the time x

Im in the Uk , expecting baby #4 hopefully will be another homebirth, really excited about it, struggling to eat caus my appetite has all but gone during the day i just want to eat in the evening when the nausea eases

Hi, another UK preggo over here, still can't quite believe it but due September 14th with our first :)

Hi! I'm Beca and expecting my 2nd baby around 11th September! I live in Aberystwyth, Wales with my husband and our daughter, who turned 1 last month! :thumbup: I'm having to wait just under another fortnight to see my GP to get a referral to a midwife as 28th January was the earliest available appointment! On the plus side I should see a midwife and get a scan very quickly after referral as I'll be almost 8 weeks by the time I get referred but I don't find it feels quite so real until I see a GP and it only feels properly real once I have my booking appointment! So I bought 2 more pregnancy tests so I can reassure myself these next couple of weeks! I actually feel pregnant now though! The pregnancy sickness (I would say morning sickness but it hits me worst in the evenings!) kicked in full force yesterday! I feel sick when I'm hungry and worse 5 minutes after I've eaten! :dohh: Chocolate makes me feel ill too, which isn't so great! I'm also tireder than usual and I'm less patient than usual as a result , which makes me feel guilty as my daughter sometimes ends up baring the brunt of it! All that withstanding, I'm still really excited and absolutely thrilled! :happydance:

Beca :wave:

:hi: Beca, Lynnikins and Bubbles

Welcome in.
We all have varying experiences and backgrounds which I'm sure will come in hand when one of us needs advice and support.

I'm going to see my Gp next Tuesday. I'm so tempted to buy one of those tests that tell u how far a long you are. I've only used a bog standard one from work. But the sensible part of me says why spend a tenner!

Hope everyone's getting chance to rest up.x

Im due the 15th by my dates scans always bring me forward a few days though

Hi Lynnikins and Bubbles :)

When are you due Lynnikins? Your boys in your pic are gorgeous! I am SO excited to see what mine and hubs babies will look like, all of the bubbas in both of our families are curly little blonde chubsters so I've got a good idea!

Lou, a christmas announcement sounds lovely. When we were trying last cycle, I kept fantasising about signing my mum's christmas card form the baby. I would love to give her a gift or something that she has to 'figure out' and see that moment of realisation on her face. I am addicted to announcement videos on youtube!

Bubbles, have you told any family yet?

xx

I'm also addicted to the announcement videos! :)

We've not told anyone at all yet, still very nervous after our early loss in December, it doesn't quite feel real yet! I'd rather keep it to ourselves until we've had the ok at the 12 week scan, not sure how easy that will be but that is the plan at the moment!

Hi Beca :)

Sorry to hear about your loss Bubbles, fingers crossed for an extra healthy sticky bean this time.

Do any of you regularly participate in other discussions or groups that you'd recommend? I find there's a lot of negativity on 1st Tri etc, but struggling to get into the ones in the Lounge as they get so huuuuge so quickly.

I just went and got myself some tickers, how exciting! Feel silly as I've not seen anyone else with 4week ones but I think they're rather smashing ;)

Thanks chick.

Have you told anyone yet? Sorry if you mentioned earlier on and I've missed it.

Yay for your tickers! I think it's fine to have them from 4 weeks, I've seen plenty of others from 4 and even 3 weeks, I would've had mine sooner if I was a bit braver so I waited til 5. I'm hoping to add the fruits one too, love to see how the little bean is growing! I thought my DH would get more excited about me telling him our bean was the size of an apple seed now, but I think he just wants it to be the size of a baby already!

I'm in a few ongoing threads now as I've been on the forum a while, although they're mainly TTC groups or conversations I've been in through my journal and the journals of those who stalk mine. The first tri boards do seem quite negative sometimes and full of questions about bleeding or not seeing heartbeats at scans etc, so I'd like to avoid all those horror stories really but can understand it's a difficult time for some people and this is where they come for support and advice.

I found the same thing the birth month groups are normally pretty good though and i love the natural parenting and home birth boards the girls are really friendly

Bubbles,I'm sorry about ur loss. I hope this time u don't experience anymore heartache.

I haven't checked out any YouTube announcements before, will have to take a look when I'm on my laptop. I'll also edit a list of our names and dates. Too tricky on my phone!

As for other threads I'm in a couple but like u said

What was I sayin about my phone! posting before I'm ready! :dohh:

Where was i? Other threads......they do get very large quickly like u said pigolina and its hard to keep track. I too am avoiding bobbing into first tri as it can scare u more than reassure.

I'm annoying OH now tapping away whilst the game is on! :haha:

lol my OH gets irritated but i access this from my phone alot now so if my paragraphs lack puncuation somtimes that's why lol.

But he does understand that its hard with his sister living with us and not telling her yet that i cant talk about it except online when shes around

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->