The whole nine yards, UK buddies due September 2013

Just called my GP and she said I didn't need to see her but to go straight and book an appointment with the Midwife. So all booked in for Monday 18th Feb :happydance:

Had my first bout of vomiting today -ugh... Not good.
Am having a rest/nap now as due at friends tonight for burns night celebration -not sure how I will get away with the not drinking...

well i was booked for the 31st but got a call today from the mw my first appointment will now be the 14th as i dont "need" to be seen till closer to 10wks and the clinic is filling up with women about to have their babies who need appointments more urgently lol

Managed to get away with not drinking last night. Had my drinks in a wine glass. Feeling very nauseous and retching today as well as lots of trips to the toilet.

Off to meet a friend to get some fresh air...

It's kind of annoying that you can't self-refer to the community midwifery team here, you have to go through the GP! As it happens though, it's quite useful for me as I've been in contact with some kids who turned out to have slapped cheek so I need to see a doctor just in case anyway! It shouldn't be long after that until my booking appointment as I'll be nearly 8 weeks when I get referred and so they should get back to me with appointment info within a fortnight so it's not too bad! :thumbup:

Beca :wave:

How is everyone? :hugs:

Hi everyone. Hope your all well :) I felt so nauseas all day yest now today nothing. It scares me when I don't feel anything. Wishing and praying the next 4 weeks away as at the moment I can't actually believe anything is there!

Had to go to EPU this morning because of severe pain. Had a scan, all ok not eptopic. Saw baby and yolk sac and heart flickering away.

Off work for the rest of the week with bed rest as very pale and exhausted.

Oh why does everything have to be so complicated! I had my first midwife appointement booked for Fri the 8th Feb managed to get last appointment of the day as I am a teacher and can't get time off unless I tell people why.
So anyways I have my appointment then a close friend dies, and the funeral is on the 8th! Trying to get through to the gp is a nightmare whilst a work as have to do it in secret. My mum (bless her) phoned up today to change my appoinment. The next one is the 28th feb :( I would be 13 weeks by then so far too late. Mum then phoned the hospital to try to get an appointment there with the community midwife. She dosn't work Tuesdays :wacko: . Anyway my concern is one of the parents of a child in my class works up at the maternity unit :dohh: If i happen to bump into her is she like a doctor and can not tell anybody or could she tell people at my school. This is all such a pain surely Midwifes know it isn't that easy for people to get time off! Rant over sorry

Hey ladies, saw doctor today as not right. I have hyperemesis gravidarium. Been prescribed anti sickness meds, signed off for two weeks and told to rest, have to monitor myself if things get worse have to go straight back to doc. :cry:

Hi Midiwfe situation resolved! I have managed to get a appointment tomorrow morning on a saturday I am so excited!

Hi Ladies
I went to see the midwife for the first time today :) I took my mum as I am rediculously scared of needles. It all feels a bit more real now. Are you ladies going to have the screening for Downs Syndrome? I'm in two minds about it really. Hope you are all well. x

I wasn't sure what to do really so decided to go for the screening. Not sure if it's the right decision or not but thought we should take it if it was offered. My DH would definitely want to have it, he is so impatient and nosy and needs to know everything, he's not impressed I don't want to find out the gender!

Hey ladies i thought i will join u. Im due on 16 sept i think. Live in england uk i hv a 20 month old boy this is no.2 for me!

im exausted too, my husband has been trying his hardest while hes been home to make it easier on me but i cant stomach eating much and no energy to keep up with my very active boys

Hi everyone! Hope you are all o.k. this thread has gone very quiet. All is well with me I managed to get my scan date in half term so Feb 20th. This is such a relief do not have to tell boss till I know all is good. Have any of you got your scan dates yet?

Still waiting on scan date and booking in appointment here- hopefully it'll come in the post today! I've been waiting to hear for a fortnight now! On the plus side my sickness seems to definitely be petering off! I'm still feeling sick but haven't actually been sick for several days now, which is brilliant! Dirty nappies are still a real stumbling block though, which isn't so good whilst my husband's at work! Unfortunately I'm constantly tired, which is a nightmare with a very active 1 year old, and never know what I'm going to be able to comfortably eat from one hour to the next, which throws meal planning completely out the window! On the whole though I'm coping much better now! Pregnancy is definitely harder when you have a toddler in tow than the first time around! There's so many more responsibilities and of course your LO has to have as much normality as physically possible!

Beca :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->