The whole nine yards, UK buddies due September 2013

I think it's good having a UK thread, I'm in the general September thread but it's quite difficult to keep up with already, and seems mainly US girls who can be hard to relate to sometimes, especially when they seem to get scans and appointments so much earlier than we do here. They all seem to get HCG levels done and there's never any mention of that here, would maybe be nice if we had options like that!

I too am avoiding bobbing into first tri as it can scare u more than reassure.

I feel bad now, had a bit of a brown spotting scare this morning and went running straight to 1st Tri to read previous threads on it! :blush:

But he does understand that its hard with his sister living with us and not telling her yet that i cant talk about it except online when shes around

That would be really frustrating. Are you close with her? I spoke to my mum for about an hour on the phone last night and feel so guilty not telling her :nope:

Hope you're ok chick, it's worrying seeing spotting isn't it, then very worrying reading the previous posts about it, it can be normal but it only seems to be the ones who had problems that come on here and talk about it!

I feel guilty too about not telling my mum, but I'm sure she'll understand as she knows about my loss last time, and she'll be far too excited to care that she didn't find out earlier! I ended up having to tell someone today as I had to start a new gym programme at the place where I get physio after my recent ankle surgery, felt awful about it coz the woman is my boss's wife! Really hoping she doesn't tell him!

Am expecting my first EDD 20th September
Still all feels very surreal.
Have really sore boobs and some dizziness and nausea.

Hi can I join? I'm a member of another September thread but it is massive!! I'm 29 and my Hubby is 30. I live in Hampshire uk. We have been trying for 7 months and this will be our first baby. I went to see the doctor yesterday at 6 weeks 3 days to let her know she was lovely. I have booked my first midwife appointment I will be 9 weeks and 4 days (hopefully).

I'm sorry Pigolina :hugs: so dissapointing :( Hopefully see you back here really soon.

sorry forgot to say hopefully due on the 9th of Sept

Hi can I join? I'm a member of another September thread but it is massive!! I'm 29 and my Hubby is 30. I live in Hampshire uk. We have been trying for 7 months and this will be our first baby. I went to see the doctor yesterday at 6 weeks 3 days to let her know she was lovely. I have booked my first midwife appointment I will be 9 weeks and 4 days (hopefully).

Hi chick,

You're similar situation to me, I'm 5 wks 6 days with my first after 7 months TTC, also had an early loss cycle before this at 4wks 5 days so really hoping this one is for keeps now we're almost at 6 weeks!

I'm 30 and DH is 31.

My first midwife appointment is 8wks 4 days, wonder if it all night start to feel more real then!

Hi chick,

You're similar situation to me, I'm 5 wks 6 days with my first after 7 months TTC, also had an early loss cycle before this at 4wks 5 days so really hoping this one is for keeps now we're almost at 6 weeks!

I'm 30 and DH is 31.

My first midwife appointment is 8wks 4 days, wonder if it all night start to feel more real then!

I hope so it doesn't feel real yet at all.

Sorry to bring negativity to the thread, girls, but it looks like this poppy seed wasn't meant for us :( Hope you all have a smooth nine months xx

I'm sorry Pigolina, take care, and when yr ready to try again I hope next time things are different x

Welcome to Loukachu and MaryP83! I'll update the list nxt time I'm on the laptop.
I'm feeling unbelievably bloated, well either that or its Christmas weight hanging around.

Pigolina,
Am so sorry Hun :hugs:

Lou,
Thanks for the welcome. I feel bloated too, have mega painful boobs and am fairly queasy at various points through the day!

Bubbles82, I'm sure yr mum will understand. We waited until 12week scan last time and I was desperate by then to share. I think that made telling even more fun.

The issue I have is living in a small village and seeing the midwife at the Gp surgery is a risky business. Always someone in there u know and it becomes pretty obvious when she shouts u in! Fingers crossed there's no familiar faces in there.

Has anyone got any nights out or difficult social situations coming up? We can help each other with 'not drinking because .....' stories!

Bubbles82, I'm sure yr mum will understand. We waited until 12week scan last time and I was desperate by then to share. I think that made telling even more fun.

The issue I have is living in a small village and seeing the midwife at the Gp surgery is a risky business. Always someone in there u know and it becomes pretty obvious when she shouts u in! Fingers crossed there's no familiar faces in there.

Has anyone got any nights out or difficult social situations coming up? We can help each other with 'not drinking because .....' stories!

I have a burns night celebration on Friday and am with my friends who I always drink cava with. They will suss me out as it is so unusual for me not to!

I have a burns night celebration on Friday and am with my friends who I always drink cava with. They will suss me out as it is so unusual for me not to!

Antibiotics because of ear, throat, urine infection is always a good one

Antibiotics because of ear, throat, urine infection is always a good one

I've used antibiotic one before! Although said it was because of a urine infection....gathered there'd be less suspicion!

I have also just pretended to drink. I.e get my own drinks etc. I had a house party lady time....pre planned. I gave everyone else wine and topped my own drink up using schloer ?sp! Depends on situation as to how easy this is thou I guess.

I've got a hen weekend next weekend with cocktail making class and hotel stay! Dreading it, the not drinking will be hard enough but really hoping the morning sickness doesn't kick in by then!
Also I've got a meal with my DH's family in about an hour, they are big drinkers and I'm dreading how this one is going to go too! We're visiting them for the day at Centreparcs and so far avoiding all activities has gone surprisingly well! It's been so boring sat watching all day especially the swimming as the pool was so hot, but didn't want to risk getting dragged down that slide!

I've got a hen weekend next weekend with cocktail making class and hotel stay! Dreading it, the not drinking will be hard enough but really hoping the morning sickness doesn't kick in by then!
Also I've got a meal with my DH's family in about an hour, they are big drinkers and I'm dreading how this one is going to go too! We're visiting them for the day at Centreparcs and so far avoiding all activities has gone surprisingly well! It's been so boring sat watching all day especially the swimming as the pool was so hot, but didn't want to risk getting dragged down that slide!

Oh centre parcs is lovely. Were fairly close to whinfell, were going at Christmas this coming year. Will have a new addition by then. Which one are u visiting? Hope ur having a nice time, and managing to overt any suspicious glances!

My excuse for not drinking atm is that im dieting

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->