The Withdrawal Method

lauraloo24

Reaction score
Just been reading this: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ng-women-turn-withdrawal-method.html#comments
And wondered what everyones thoughts were?
I have recently come off BCP in preparation for TTC beginning of next year. The only thing i want to do before getting preg is losing weight.
We have been using condoms but not getting on well with them tbh.
Have been considering this - knowing that if we have a whoops then it wouldnt be the end of the world, though preferably we want to conceive when i have lost a bit more weight.

Thoughts? Anyone use this as a method of contraception? xx

We use withdrawal!
Condoms make me feel gross (the collection of fluids at the bottom afterwards, ick!) plus my boyfriend doesn't enjoy it as much with a condom (neither do I tbh) do from fairly early in our relationship we stopped using them - pretty much as soon as we had both been checked for any nasties and agreed that we were exclusive. Like it said in the article, we both knew pretty early on that we were in it for the long haul, plus we had already lost a baby (which was conceived with a condom!) so we felt comfortable using the injection as our sole contraceptive. I put on a shitload of weight, so came off after a year and switched to the mini pill, as I can't take the combined pill (migraines) which was great - no side effects, no weight gain pr anything. We both were happy to continue using the mini pill, until I fell pregnant! After that, we used the withdrawal method for just under a year with no problems at all, but my job situation changed and it became too risky so I got another depo shot in May - worst move ever!
We are now withdrawing again and once my cycles regulate we are going to use a persona monitor to track my fertile times, and withdraw during these. The rest of the month, we will not use contraception.

I think to suggest that it is for women who want to trick their partners into a surprise baby is shocking! Any woman who can do that to a man she supposedly loves is wicked. I would actually say it is putting more responsibility on the man and giving him the power to prevent the pregnancy, as he is the one who knows when he is about to finish. My boyfriend is fully aware of the risks of using this method of contraception, and whilst yes, I would love to be one of those minority of women who have a surprise pregnancy (and my partner knows this) - that is not the reason we use the withdrawal method! It is simply about finding the method which works for BOTH of us and sticking to it.
I agree with the point made by one of the ladies in the article about it strengthening your bond. By letting my boyfriend control whether or not his sperm ends up inside me, I am putting my trust in him and showing that I am not going to bugger off. He is showing me, by accepting the risk of pregnancy, that he is willing to put me before himself. It makes us communicate better in the bedroom (he has to tell me when he is getting close etc) so yes, it is NOT about me tricking him into having a baby!!

DH and I used it for 3 years successfully. We switched to NFP and I'm much happier, but that isn't your question. It was effective for use for 3 years, we conceived on our first cycle TTC (although 2nd if you could the NTNP month), so obviously it wasn't just because we were low on fertility!

We did up until about 2 months ago, I came off BCP a year ago and we were using withdrawl and using an app on my phone to tell me when I'm fertile so we didn't withdraw the whole cycle just the days I was near ovulation, it worked great for 10 months but for some reason I suggested we use a condom when I am fertile just in case, I was getting paranoid everytime I was a day late and even started symptom spotting.

It is effective if done correctly, people that say you can get pregnant by 'pre cum' this is true but only if you have sex, then your OH cannot urinate afterward, then have sex again, the pre cum is the left in the canal from the last ejaculation, so as long as your not like rabbits, and make sure OH has a wee before the next session your fine.

It all depends how much you wouldn't mind getting pregnant and how much control your OH has. We used it successfully for 8 months, we have switched to condoms once we started planning our wedding

We use withdrawal with success and we did before I got pregnant too for 2.5 years no problem. I also chart though too so I know when I am close to ovulation. After I've ovulated we don't withdraw. Tmi sorry.

Hi we used this method successfully for 10 years and will continue to do so until we are really ready to start trying next year but if it ever failed it wouldn't have been the end of the world.

We used it successfully for 5 years before DD and have been doing the withdrawal method since her birth too.

It's been successful for us too. We have used it inbetween babies and this latest time we have gone 3 years without an oops, although i was BFing for 16 months of that in the beginning. We used it inbetween babies when we didn't want to conceive and then when we wanted to try we just switched and managed to conceive okay. :)

DH and I have used it for 8 years successfully. The only "accident" when he didn't fully PO was 4 months before our wedding... resulted in a chemical pregnancy. It really depends on the mans control, and if you wouldn't mind if a pregnancy did happen. We personally love it much better because I refuse to use BCP. If not done correctly though, there is a high chance of pregnancy.

We have used it for the past 1.5 years, no problems! We even use it when I am fertile! Hubby is good about pulling out quickly enough.

We used the withdrawal method successfully for 10 years. We were very lucky and conceived the first month we ttc. I never charted when my fertile days were as if anything had happened we would have been find about it x

DH and I used withdrawal successfully for 3 or 3 and a half years.

Two months of NTNP/TTC and I'm pregnant, so there were no fertility problems during those years :)

DH and I used withdrawal successfully for 3 or 3 and a half years.

Two months of NTNP/TTC and I'm pregnant, so there were no fertility problems during those years :)

Awww congrats. :thumbup:

We use withdrawal method as well, even when I'm ovulating. We've been using it successfully since September 2011 with no problems :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->