There's not much I get mad at DH for but...

havestar

Reaction score
today I'm livid!

I already knew he'd be going out of town for work for 3 days. But then that turned into 4. And now it's turned into 6.

Why?

So he can "hang out" with people from work. He decided he needed an extra day before and after the trip. Meanwhile, I'm pregnant and have three kids at home.

It would have been completely feasible for him to leave here morning of the first day and arrive there at an appropriate time (it's only a 3 hour flight - and he's done it before), and to come home the last day.. making the trip 4 days instead of 6. But he says it's part of the job to hobnob - like WTF is this, Mad Men? Uh no, it's BS.

I would def not be standing for that! FFS, hubby wanted to go out to dinner & a movie tonight with his cousin & a couple of the guys from work & I told him no! I have just started maternity leave & am so bored during the day by myself, so he told them he had to cancel to be at home with me. Any other time I wouldn't be so bothered, but at 8 months pregnant I think I have a right to be demanding of his time lol! Turns out his cousins gf also wasn't having it & told her bf that he wasn't going either as he has only just got back from 10 days away & she hasn't seen much of him since he got back!

LOL Glad I'm not the only one!

He knew how upset I was about him saying he NEEDED to fly out and leave a day early/late, but he booked the flights anyway and sent me the travel details by email. He's literally getting in that first day in time for dinner and drinks... not during working hours. And he's leaving the next morning.. cuz it would be so unreasonable for him to leave after work the day before.

Needless to say, I'm not speaking to him.

My husband did this to me to, but with the memorial for his brother-in-law's mom, a women he barely knew and didn't care much for from the couple of times he did meet her. Should have taken him 3 days, he was gone for 5. And then he had the nerve to call and ask if he couldn't stay for a 6th! It would have had him getting home the evening before an appointment with my midwife.

At least he was smart enough to tell I was pissed when I said "fine, whatever." And got on the road that night. Got home at 4 in the morning.

It didn't help that the whole time he was gone, I was stuck dealing with his overbearing sister who arrived for a week and half long visit the same day he left.

OMG I would have told her to turn around and go home! LOL

i'd have a hissy fit!! As it is hubby is off into work on his day off tomorrow, and is flying, i know he's contactable at all times, and i know without a doubt if i call his boss he'll get him to me in under 30 minutes.

how uncomfortable does it make you feel and what can you wangle out of being "reasonable"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->