• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

they are letting baby Ps mother out... wtf?

That's just how the media works, they're manipulative, everything is sensationalized and I'm sure no one here is foolish enough to think otherwise but the fact is that this happened. Yes, it happens more often than we hear about and the extent of it varies (some cases much worse than this) I wouldn't want ANYONE who commits a crime like that to just be allowed to move in next door, they should be locked up for good so yes - I'm outraged that she's being released and as this particular case is the one people are hearing about (irrespective of whether the media has or hasn't played on the child's looks, age or whatever) this is the one that the public are going to voice their opinions on.

The thing about these trial by press cases is that we'll never hear about their time in prison, unless it was ammunition to condemn them even more to generate hate-hits, or they were gruesomely injured in some way but 'we're footing the bill'.

It's pretty likely this woman was literally given hell by other inmates and consistently having to be protected over other convicts considering the context of this case; many of them would have been mothers themselves. Perhaps she sincerely has been torturing herself over the death of her son every single day of her prison life, and will continue to do so every day of her freedom. Now, I'm not saying that means justice has finitely been served, but it's a consideration that us as the public are rarely let in on. It would be risky for the system to release her if she hasn't shown some sort of epiphany to value her freedom in a constructive way, and to have processed the enormity of her failures. Would we really find out about this from newspapers? Probably not, as depicting any sort of sympathy for this loaded character would cause a moral outrage. So it's tough to judge this decision for ourselves, as we are not given the full picture by any stretch.

So whilst the actions by this household were absolutely, unthinkably repugnant, we know far less about her profile and her sentence experience than those who are freeing her. They do not always get it right, and I can't really feel certain that this decision is solid as I cannot even fathom how human beings could do this to a child. I additionally would have guessed allowing the torture of your child, and gross neglect would have carried a harsher sentence. I can't see how she'll be able to get much fulfillment from her life outside anyway, she will be hounded and outed constantly. It's not as if she's free to go out and have fun for the rest of her life as we all know her face and I'd be surprised if she didn't live out the rest of her days as an unemployable hermit.

I highly doubt she'd be allowed to keep any baby she gives birth to, I would hope any said child would be swiftly adopted out.

That's just how the media works, they're manipulative, everything is sensationalized and I'm sure no one here is foolish enough to think otherwise but the fact is that this happened. Yes, it happens more often than we hear about and the extent of it varies (some cases much worse than this) I wouldn't want ANYONE who commits a crime like that to just be allowed to move in next door, they should be locked up for good so yes - I'm outraged that she's being released and as this particular case is the one people are hearing about (irrespective of whether the media has or hasn't played on the child's looks, age or whatever) this is the one that the public are going to voice their opinions on.

I wouldn't want to live next to her either, mainly because I'd be scared of our house being targeted by vigilantes by mistake.

The public is free to voice their opinion, of course, but cases like these also tend to inspire false information, like her getting a "new identity", to spread like wildfire, and make everyone an expert about how our judicial system should work. Funnily enough none of these outraged voices seem to suggest ideas on how to prevent cases like this from occurring in the first place.

I'm sure she was allowed Sky+ in jail too and when she gets out we'll hear about her cushy council home and benefits.

Of course no-one in their right mind would want her next door to them, but as she has a right to exist, she will end up being someone's neighbour, as much as I feel sorry for that person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->