Thick Stick To Yer Ribs Tattie Soup

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
I'm the type of cook who never pays attention to measures and does everything to taste. So if you need measurements then let me know and I'll make this again (as it's so simple) and measure it out. I always make this if I have left over mash from dinner the night before. It takes about 15mins from start to finish.

Ingredients:

* Mashed potato (about 4 large potatoes worth. To save time you can always use the ready made mash from supermarkets)
* 1 medium onion
* 2 stock cubes (whatever are your favorite, I like vegetable)
* boiling water
* milk
* single cream (not necessary, but yum!)
* plain flour
* salt, pepper and herbs to taste

* Take a deep pot and fry the onions in a little veg oil or butter. You want to stir this continually as the aim is to soften the onions, not brown them!

* Add boiling water and two stock cubes to pot. Not too much as you'll be adding milk and cream later. About an inch and a half over the onions and stock cubes.

* Once stock cubes are dissolved, stir in mash milk and cream.

* Put onto a lower heat and let simmer. Then blitz in a food processor or with a hand blender. To make the soup thicker, add flour. To make it thinner add more cream or milk.

* Season as you like with black pepper, salt and herbs. I used dried mixed herbs (rosemary, basil, thyme)

Yum! :)

Excellent! Sounds great--we're expecting snow this weekend, so I'll be trying this! Any idea about how it freezes?

Never tried to freeze it myself as I eat it all! My Mum does though and after it's been in the fridge or freezer warm over a very low heat, adding a splash of milk every so often. It's important not to rush it when reheating. :)

Thanks--sounds perfect (and easy to boot!). We still have many potatoes in the garden so I'll be pulling them throughout the next month or so and making them in stews and soups!

Mmmm just making this for my lunch. :happydance:

hey just had a wee nosy at this, an may not freeze tht well cos o potatoes, (they tend to mae soup go off quicker)

but big thumbs up to my lunch for today lol!!!

Bumping this as I'm making it this afternoon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->