Things i will not do this time...

sam#3

Lactivist & Intactivist
Reaction score
I refuse to go through the whole 37 week+ hell this time so im writing this to list all the things i am NOT going to do from 37 weeks this time round....

1. I am not going to eat my weight in pineapple and rip my mouth to shreds in the process

2. I am not going to eat chilli/curry that could strip paint in an attempt to get my bowels to kickstart labour

3. I am not going to wake up on my guess date and think 'today is the day'

4. I am not going to check my cervix everyday for the slightest change

5. I am not going to ask my MW to do a s&s.. at any stage!!

6. I am not going to drink castor oil

7. I am not going to bounce on my ball, while drinking rlt & nipple twiddling EVERY NIGHT LIKE A POSSESED FOOL!!

What i am going to do is chill, enjoy time with the other 3 kidsdoing fun stuff , relax with films undisturbed, leave the house without it being a military operation, drink tea while its still hot and eat dinner while its still hot, savour the fact i am not bleeding, make the most of my bed to myself and no wet patches under my chest to wake up to, sleep more than 2 hours at a time, take rl capsules and put epo up my foof as and when i remember and enjoy the end of my 4th and final pregnancy :thumbup:

but will you really not do all this? lol! i know i have told OH this time im not going to try the failing attempts at bring on labor but i know that once i get to 40 weeks that im going to be doing double of everything! apart from castor oil obv lol! xx

yep i really will...i have a totally different outlook to it this time

I hope your LO doesn't make you wait too long to meet them!
i suppose with 3 LOs to spend extra time with then the wait wont seem too bad, i dont see why we all go mad to get labour started, a few days after birth we all miss being pregnant lol! i hope i can chill about the whole thing until baby decided its time to come out, i think i start getting stressed about getting baby here when all the family and friends start texting and asking if anything is starting yet! lol!

will you be doing anything to try kick start if you get near to 42 weeks with no signs or are you going to wait and get induced or still wait for baby to come naturally?
sorry if im being nosey lol! xxx

Ill wait even if i go to 52 weeks lol!!

I have learnt my lesson as i went to 42 weeks with #3 and i tried everything inc 5 s&s and every labour inducing method i had ever heard of.......... it didnt make a scratch of difference he still came when he was ready!!
So this time no matter if its at 37 or 47 i will just wait and she will come when she is ready.
I think we all place too much emphasis on the 'due date' too as when it comes and goes it makes you feel deflated but it shouldnt

lol fingers crossed you dont go to 52 weeks! lol! tho you would deffo be getting into the record books with that!

yea i find the whole due date is what annoys me when preg, with DD i knew i wasnt going to pop on my due date but by 2 days after it i was fed up lol! poor OH decided to believe she would come on her due date lol! so it was horrible for him lol! this time instead of putting a 'hip hip hooray, im due today' in the 16th box on the calender iv just put due this month under october, thats what we keep saying too, if somebody asks when were due we just say october, hopefully it should help us both keeping calm and not trying to rush baby out. i do wish i could be like you and not care if i went to 50 odd weeks tho! xxxx

Hear hear! I was so convinced I would deliver at least a week before my due date, I got really low by the time labour actually started at 40+4.

I've got a long wait for this baby, but I'm trying to enjoy every stage. I definitely have a temptation to wish it away 'I can't wait for 12 weeks/first kicks/third tri etc. but I want to enjoy every moment instead.

im totally gonna chill out about when this baby wants to come my mum nearly got to 44wks with my brother both my boys though were before 42wks so im hoping this one will be somewhere in the 40-42wk period too lol, totally gonna enjoy getting ready for Christmas with the boys and not worry about when baby will come i'll do everything that OH cant/wont do incase baby surprises me but most everything i'll be doing in december

I think the way that you think yourself through your pg can influence your birth too for me i want the whole process to be laid back and have no pressure on my body to do anything within a certain time frame, it will all happen when it happens :)

I am the same, i say i am due in october!

I second the pineapple one - DH was buying me two a day at the end because they were on offer in Tesco! I like pineapple but I'd sickened myself of them by the end.

:haha: I'm with you on all of your list!! I learnt after No. 3, nothing you do is gunna make a slight bit of difference!! Tho on No. 4 after 2 weeks of irregular contractions I did do a few star jumps, probably complete coincidence, but my contractions actually stepped up a gear the next day and I went into labour!

Im exactly the same as you hun last year I tried every trick in the book to get labour started and I still went 8 days over...this time im more going with the flow the longer she stays in there the more chance I get to rest and spend time with my other 2 kids and nothing I say or do will make her come any quicker I really do believe they will only come when they are ready :) xx

I was the same..glad to be out of 3rd tri as those 37 weeks+ threads used to wind me up

I refuse to go through the whole 37 week+ hell this time so im writing this to list all the things i am NOT going to do from 37 weeks this time round....

7. I am not going to bounce on my ball, while drinking rlt & nipple twiddling EVERY NIGHT LIKE A POSSESED FOOL!!

I don't know... This one sounds kind of fun! :rofl::rofl:

ha ha i love that list! i did all the research with DD but i never really got around to doing anything, apart from DTD on the saturday before my waters broke on the monday (probably totally unrelated!)
but my SIL did the majority of it all ha ha. im just gonna chill out and be relaxed. im gonna take RLT, from is it 32 weeks i think, to tone my uterus but thats it. no old wives tales to bring on labour for me lol.

I took RLT and EPO/SFO but I dont really think it does anything it was more just a placebo.

We had planned a vindaloo for the weekend if he hadn't arrived but he came on Friday!

Mind you we still had vindaloo on the saturday!

wooooo vindaloo! lol, i stopped currys towards the end, the heart burn stopped been worth it ha ha. they come when they want dont they, the rest just keeps us entertained ha ha. xx

I won't expect to go over due. I will just take going into labor as it comes. My MW had me convinced I would be at least a week over due, and when I went into labor 3 days before my due date, I was not mentally prepared at all, which I think hurt me a bit in the long run.

I won't ignore all the different things that can happen during labor. I will make a plan for it all. Even if it is not written down, my DH and I will discuss it.

I don't know... This one sounds kind of fun! :rofl::rofl:

this is very true... this and the orgasm one ive heard could maybe make it on to the to do list :rofl: :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->