Things that hurt more than childbirth...

Racheldigger

Rowan Aeshna born 22/3/09
Reaction score
Yes, there are some, and this seems to be the place to collect them, just to reassure the anxious. A workmate of mine who had experienced both childbirth and knee ligament surgery said that the surgery was worse, and I can now confirm that I would rather have another forceps delivery with episiotomy than get another tooth capped (it's been nearly four weeks and I'm still taking the LO's ibuprofen liquid at four o'clock in the morning because I can't wait for the tablets to work their way through my system... the stitches healed in a fortnight!).

I would love to hear from someone who has had kidney stones and given birth, and hear which they think was worst. DH gets kidney stones and swears they must be worse than labor and birth.

Kidney stones were way worse. I had bad contractions as well, they lasted about 5 minutes each with about 30 seconds in between. The stones were worse.

Kidney stones were way worse. I had bad contractions as well, they lasted about 5 minutes each with about 30 seconds in between. The stones were worse.

Good to know... but do I have to tell DH?? :brat::brat::brat:

I just always thought he was a big wuss. :haha:

Good to know... but do I have to tell DH?? :brat::brat::brat:

I just always thought he was a big wuss. :haha:

Nawwww!

This is how I've described my kidney stones: imagine if you will a Rambo like knife, heated to red hot then jabbed in your side and twisted round and round. I couldn't walk, I kept vomiting, and there was no end to the pain, it just kept coming till the most wonderful shot of Demerol was administered.

So while my 5 minute long contractions were bad, at least there was a break to them. And I could move through the pain.

You can still tell him he's a wuss, it'll be our little secret. ;)

For me the pain from my back muscles that I ripped after delivery was FAR worse than anything I have ever felt in my entire life!
The contractions and emergency c-section couldn't even compare! :cry:

Getting your chest tattooed.

WAYYYYYY worse than childbirth, ctx stop getting tattoos hurts all the time you're in the chair and a long while after.

I had a kidney infection. I don't know if was worse but I had a kidney infection. Probably tok a close second! And one rule to this one should be that you can't answer unless you got through the transition stage and pushing with NO pain relief! :)

I think stepping on a plug is the worst pain ever - much worse than childbirth....:rofl:

Nah, The only thing I've had/recovered from is an emergency appendectomy and i'd says the pain is on par with childbirth.

my sister put her back out twice and swears that was worse than either of her two births (one emcs and one natural)

I've been run over by a car that hurt loads more than childbirth!

i didn't have any pain relief and managed fine, but having tattoos along my ribs having a surface piercing over my hipbones both almost made me pass out and throw up :haha:

Gallstones! Far far worse than childbirth!

broke my foot real bad...way worse than childbirth even without pain relief!!

When i was in really early labour i said contractions were like stubbing your toe, it really hurts for a while, but when the pain goes away you think oh what was that all about! i soon took that back! I get a really bad back sometimes, it really twinges and tenses up, alongside my pelvis, i think thats more uncomfortable than labour/childbirth

I wish I could ask if something was worse than giving birth but ive been "lucky" to avoid hospitals and serious injuries etc. Worst Ive experienced is tooth ache and UTIs :(

Having your tonsils out...recovering from that (I was 18 when I hd it done) far worse!

Torn rotator cuff hurt more.

Loads of stuff is worse pain wise, but nothing is more intense.

Kidney stone hurt a lot more, I passed out after deciding to go to work with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->