Things that hurt more than childbirth...

Getting crushed by a horse and fracturing your pelvis in 4 places has gotta be up there!......did get a helicopter ride out of it though!

Tooth ache, Burst ear drum and getting out of bed for the first time after a c-section! xx

Gallstone attacks - I ve had about 30 in total (gallbladders gone now so def no more!)

Feels like being stabbed and having a heart attack all at the same time!!

intercostal neuralgia!! it is so bad i was almost losing my mind. everything spins, you see dark spots and bright flashes and only thing you want to do it to DIE straight away! and i have a very high pain tolerance.
at least contractions stop and give you even tiny breaks. neuralgia messes with you, drives you insane and i personally think that my 1 january 2010 London, UK neuralgia 'moment' was the worst pain i've ever experienced. it all started in a bus on the way to downtown, we were going to watch fireworks. of course we had to stop and go back, but i had to wait 30 minutes for the next bus and that cold chilly wind was not helping at all!. seriously, felt like a horrible dream!
on the other hand bad diarrhea pains always remind me of labor. hate them.

Oo mastitis abcesses resulting in surgery with open wound dressings every day A MILLION times more painful than delivering twins!!!

my last lot of gallstone attacks were in this pregnancy and ended up with pancreatitis and having surgery at 17 weeks pregnant with twins!

The pain of those gallstones, with no pain releif was so so much worse then my labour! I totally feel i can cope with pain a lot better now, things like my SPD are more manageable, so hoping that will apply to labour too. i didnt cope the best, i am looking forward to it, but took me a long time to stop panicing and let my body do what it needed.

I would love to hear from someone who has had kidney stones and given birth, and hear which they think was worst. DH gets kidney stones and swears they must be worse than labor and birth.

had kidney stones before, however never had a baby my own!! Im trying tho! hope by next year I can compare! But lemme tell ya, than in my life I havent felt worst pain than kidney stones! :haha:

Hmmm toughie.

I had gall stones and one particular attack, if someone had given me a gun, I would have shot myself. At least you get a break, albeit brief with contractions but gall stone attacks would last for hours and have me crying on the floor

I can't compare to labor yet, but my doctor promised that it will be a piece of cake compared to my gallstone attacks. I can't imagine there is anything more painful!

Falling 30 foot through a roof and landing on concrete! Needless to say, I was temporarily knocked out, but broke my jaw and arm - the jaw was AGONY!

It's a little bit of comparing apples to oranges, because they were very different kinds of pain, but I would still rank reconstructive knee surgery as far more unpleasant than back labour.
And to whomever said that you can't answer if your birth wasn't drug-free, puh-leese. Epidurals do not block all sensation. Not even close. They make you more comfortable through most of your labour, but the pushing and delivery stage? Barely takes the edge off.

I dont think you can compare a natural birth with one with an epidural though :shrug: the one without anaesthetic is obviously going to be quite a bit more painful.

my contractions were the worse pain i have ever felt. worse than kidney stones. Heck cut me open again and i can handle that easily without pain relief but just not the contractions

I had a kidney stone and they kept telling me it was worse than labor, but they lied. They were about on par. Different types of pains, either way I wanted the drugs and I wanted them yesterday for both!

My abdominal muscle tore in labour and yeah......... that was worse than contractions. And then that + contractions = bad mojo. Really sucked.

not had mine yet but my mom had period pains/ovulation pains way worse than contractions...Im hoping to follow in her footsteps lol....I have PCOS and have dealt with horrid cramps and cysts rupturing since I started my periods when I was around 10 years old!! so Im hoping maybe that was her deal too and labor wont be as horrid for me..I also have a pretty high pain tolerance..

As so many have said, it's a very different kind of pain so kinda hard to compare BUT i have to say, my eardrum burst alongside a severe infection back a good few years ago and it was sheer agony for days - crying, body rocking wanting to die agony. Whereas my (almost natural, just a touch of gas and air inthe last 20mins) labour, although very painful, it was like a means to an end... i almost got a buzz from the contractions :wacko: and they were very workable to breathe through, i felt strong and like my body knew what it was doing, i could see an end and when the baby came it was amazing. With my ear, i felt helpless, petrified and in shocking constant pain with no relief and no sight of an end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->