things to do with your baby

lorrilou

Reaction score
What does everyone do with their babies?

Callum is starting to get really restless when he is awake (which is most of the time now) and i am starting to get really bored too!!

Only so much housework a girl can take.

I dont drive and am stuck with things to do with him. Would really love to take him swimming but i am so self conscious about my body (havent worn a swimming costume/bikini since i was about 12!!!!) that the thought of going swimming scares the shit out of me.

What do you do with a 3mth old?

Get your buggy out and walk! Nothing like a walk for getting rid of the claustrophobia.

Are there any baby or toddler groups you can get to?

if you have a bath, you could hop in together, pop him in a sling and go for a hike (or walk depends on energy levels lol) you could do arm toning excercises using callum, ie lie callum on his back and you get in the press up position above him and everytime you lower yourself down you could give him a kiss...maybe get some baby friendly paint and paint his hands and feet so you have a perminant reminder of how tiny he once was... (all these are pants i know) or you could hop on a bus and meet up with family/friends ??

I love walking and ive got a dog so it's good for her too but everytime i want to go for a walk its bloody raining!!! (i know sounds like im making excuses but im really not!)

I think im just feeling really lonely, all my friends work during the day and my mum and dad have split up, always been really close to my mum but shes living with her new partner now and dont feel she's got time for me anymore.
She just used to live along the street from me so could pop along anytime!!

Im not sure about baby and toddler groups, will find out when im at the clinic next.

And no welshcakes your ideas arent pants

Same here seem stuck when its not nice awake time because can't always get on with things without being on pins ... I achieve nothing and I don't know how. Quite often refresh the PC until she actually nods off.

We don't drive, have local friends, the buses are awful if I go on my own I realised & swimming I have the same feelings on that so your not alone but would love to.

Caitlin loves her swing which I now need to put the lights back on .... like sitting on sofa with her Dad or having a right old convo with herself. Oh boy she is vocal but when I move I do intend on doing more with her and being able to get out more.

i know how you feel tylers awake so much more and seems to get bored i lay on the floor with him and have a chat sit outside when the weather suits and have started getting books out and reading with him.

We have a swing for callum but he hates it, screams blue murder when he's in it.

it seemed so much easier when nicole was a baby, didnt seem to have so much housework, washing etc to get done.

I think i might just have to try and put my insecurities behind me and take him swimming. I just know he would love it.

Noah likes to watch TV....I know its terrible letting him watch it but if the weathers terrible I don't see the point in lugging his pram around in the rain! He's also got a baby gym and that keeps him entertained for a while, he's funny though as he'll turn himself right around to see the TV!

If I'm going in the kitchen to do something & I'm going to be more than 5 mins I normally take him with me and sit him in his high chair, put some toys on the tray and just talk or sing to him as I'm pottering around!

Dunno if you have a park or something with a pond? But me and Noah feed the ducks on the canal, he's not really that interested TBH, more interested in the seagulls (grrrr!!) but its nice to do anyway!

We had 2 ducks on our doorstep thismorning, sure they we're waiting for bread!!

Its hard trying to fill up the day esp if you've nobody close by you can visit!

xx

My Aunt has a MASSIVE tv Caitlin was fixed on it. Sometimes actually most time I'm feeding Caitlin she fixes herself on the TV more than her food :dohh: that just can't be helped. Starting to wonder if I should buy a couple of DVDs for kids so it has nice colours and learning stuff rather than Corrie :rofl:

Think they have an age where they really don't have interest in much & what they do have interest in it fades quite quickly - 3 months being that age for us :lol:

As time goes on we're hoping/planning to reach a point where we can do some kind of area Mums meet with the kids with some perks but I'll say no more ;)

Hi, lorrilou,
just noticed u live in Newcastle, me 2!
have u got a sure start, near you? They have tons of info on groups in your area. Most also have a little drop in area 2. Depending where u are there is some good baby and toddler groups.

I know this as OH's DD is a childminder and she attends a few with the children she looks afta.
take care. xx

Yeah theres a sure start centre about 10mins away. I know this sounds really pathetic but i am so unconfident that i hate going anywhere by myself!!!!

We've got a huge tv too, but callum is just not interested at all!!!! Nicole never was either!!! He loves watching his sister dance around the sitting room like a lunatic but this doesnt solve the problem, shes at school all day!!!

I'm always stuck for things to do lately too... I do like to go for a walk with her but again at the moment the weather up here hasnt been overly fantastic. Mind I did get out friday when it was nice weather.

I took Olivia swimming, and I am also very self concious about my body so I took her early morning before the pool started to get busy and nelt down on the floor in the pool. This was a week day so it wasnt full of lots of other people thank goodness.

I know exactly how you feel as I dont know any one here and I get extremely lonely... I cant stand day time TV but I always feel stuck in the house.

x

where abouts in newcastle are you charliebear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->