Things to make with toddlers?

A

AshleighLynn

Anyone have good recipes that you can make with 3 toddlers? Thank you!

I work with the Girls Brigade, below are some ideas which we use:

1. Spider Cakes
You will need:
Fairycakes/cupcakes
Strawberry laces
Icing
Jam

Just cut the cupcakes in half horizontally and put in some jam. Cut the laces into 4 (long enough to be seen at both sides as the legs) and place in the middle with the "legs" hanging out. The put on the top and decorate with a face. The girls loved it as it's more assembly than cooking.

2. Rice Crispy Buns
Just melt chocolate and add to rice crispys. Spoon into bun cases and cover in sprinkles or smarties etc then leave to set.

3. Smiley Pizzas
You will need:
Ready made personal pizza bases
Tomato Puree
Grated Cheese
Whatever you like to put on top.

Put your puree on the base and cover in cheese. Then use your ingredients to let them be creative and make a smiley face, their inital or whatever they want.

4. Reindeer's
You'll need:
Marshmallows
Pretzels
Chocolate
Smarties

Place 2 pretzels closely beside each other, these will be the antlers.
Put a cocktail stick in the side of the mallow and dip in chocolate then put the flat edge on top of the pretzels. Let it harden just a little.
Then put your smarties on as eye and one as a nose and leave to harden.
these ate super easy to make and the kids love them :)

Have fun! xx

Decorating gingerbread men always keeps my LO entertained (sometime we even cheat and buy ready prepared dough!!) or other shaped biscuits. The cutters are really cheap and you can follow a theme from a story, most supermarkets sell the writing icing and we use all kinds of sprinkles and sweets (kids love that part the most)
Sometimes I just let him get creative on cupcakes, I will do the icing and he will spend ages with the decorations.
We have also done pizza, Asda sell small ready made pizza dough (in fridges with butter) and its an easy lunch that they can do themselves

This week I made 12 basic vanilla cupcakes while the boys were napping, and some icing. I then put a chair up to the kitchen side, with cupcake cases full of sprinkles and decorations and let him have fun! It was messy but he loved it. And loved eating them too....

You can't go wrong with jam tarts. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->