Things you assume are common sense, but aren't?

I think they tend to be close to the shop so it's safer for children not having to walk so far into the car park. My pet peeve is lazy parents abandoning trollies in the pavement from the parent bays to our local supermarket meaning I have to navigate through moving traffic with my toddler and baby. I've always managed to safely get my shopping in the car, trolley back where it should be and kids back in the car without having to abandon children or trollies at any point!

I think half the issue is that they put the spaces closest to the shop, if they spread them out or put them further back then there would be less chance lazy people would use them! I always say, I don't care if i'm at the back of the carpark but i do car if i can't open my door full width! I often have to half reverse my car out of a space so i can get the carseat in ... :/ shocking

The spaces are small enough, but then you get so many people who just don't know how to park or aren't even considerate of others when parking. Even when its just me, no kids with me, I've had issues getting in my car because someone has parked so close to my driver side door that I can't even get it half open. I've had to crawl through the passenger side a few times even. LOL that's pretty bad. I saw on Facebook a while back a post about leaving nice little "notes" to these gems about their parking skills. Very tempted to do that sometimes...

I've seen those little notes! I saw one which was about the size of a business card and it had "you park like a c***" on it. It's true, some people do park like they're one of those!

I hate people who park like idiots. People who park in parent and child when they don't even have a child with them. It seems they think that just because the word "parent" is in the name that they can park there. Quite glad those spaces don't exist here or I'd be infuriated even more :growlmad:

I'm another who didn't know hens and chickens are the same species, I was about 20 when I realised. I thought cockerels and hens were the same (male and female) and chickens were a similar but different species.

I knew somebody at college (so we were 17/18) who genuinely thought Eskimos were a kind of animal, like a monkey who lived in the cold. He'd not realised you usually see them in coats and thought the furry hoods were their own fur.

OH surprised me a while ago when he told me that mutton can be goat as well as sheep. I think that might be an Asian thing though.

I just remembered one. I used to cut spring onions from the top and put them on my mums salad when she made me make her stuff. I had no idea till I was in my 20s you cut them from the bottom. Embarrassing.

Quite a few pages back someone said about up and down buttons on elevators/lifts. It reminded me of the time we went to marks and Spencer and got into the lift to go to the children's section. When we got in there were two old ladies in the lift and considering there are only 2 floors in the shop I found it odd that they stayed in the lift and rode back up with us. When we got out they stayed in the lift still.

So we go get what we need from kids section and go back to the lift. The doors open and yep the 2 old ladies are still in there but at this point they are cracking Up. They finally thought to us how to get to the ground floor lol

I'm not usually gullible but an ex once told me that a boy he went to school with accidentally undid his bellybutton and his guts fell out.

I believed him and it wasn't until a couple of years later when I actually sat down and thought about it that I finally realised he'd been joking :dohh:

My OH has a sensitive belly button and his mum told him it's because they tied the knot in his umbilical cord wrong. I was laughing at him about it and next time his parents were over he told them off for letting him believe it and turns out they genuinely thought that.

My Oh is making my best friends anniversary present in photo shop and asked me how big I want it. I said I wanted to put it in a 10 by 8 frame and told him to Google how many inches a 10 by 8 photo is he just stared at me in disbelief

Oh the belly button one reminded me of one of mine. My LO was pointing at his belly button and then my DH and then mine - finally he went to the cat and I said oh no Sam, cats don't have belly buttons. My DH said but the cat is a mammal of course it has one. It made sense but I still didn't believe him so made him google it. :dohh:

My older sister was looking at my 3D scan pic when I was pregnant, she asked what the thing was that he was cuddling in to. I told her it was the placenta, she looked at me quite confused so I explained it's where he gets his nutrition, basically what feeds him. Then she said oh so that's why he's turned towards it, he's eating? :dohh:

She actually thought babies eat the placenta, like take little baby bites or something lol :haha: It's not like she never had kids, she has a son.

:rofl:

On the subject of dodgy parking, this site is where the sticker idea is from and I warn you it's got lots of swears but it's hilarious...

When I was a kid my mum would tell me that if I was ill I should have medicine and if I had some when I was well it would actually make me ill. I believed that for longer than I probably should have, she never told me otherwise! Lol.

I just remembered one. I used to cut spring onions from the top and put them on my mums salad when she made me make her stuff. I had no idea till I was in my 20s you cut them from the bottom. Embarrassing.

From the bottom??????? Never in my life :shrug: have I cut good old scallions :haha: from the bottom. I have to try this!

Why are you supposed to cut spring onions from the bottom? I always cut from the top.

The top of the spring onions is just the leafy bit of the plant lol the bottom part where the roots are is the actual onion part used in salads or cooking :D

The top of the spring onions is just the leafy bit of the plant lol the bottom part where the roots are is the actual onion part used in salads or cooking :D

my OHs grandad uses all of the spring onion, apart from the ends of corse

Why are you supposed to cut spring onions from the bottom? I always cut from the top.

So I was right all a long and my partner is a big weirdo scallion cutter who only eats like half of it and cuts from the bottom. So my mum wasnt being nice and not telling me I was doing it wrong. This changes everything....:wacko:

See thats what he does,. leafy bit he bins, he goes for underground part. Root in bin.

i put the root in the bin (like half a cm worth) & use all of the spring onion except about 1cm worth of the lefy bit..

I like the green part of the onion. I prefer to use that in salads, on potatoes, potato soup, etc.

Also, you can put the onion part with just a bit of green left on top in a cup of water and it will regrow. I do this a lot in the summer and then don't have to buy them so often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->