Things you assume are common sense, but aren't?

on the subject of hens and chickens.. my dad says this should be common sense, although i think its rather confusing and IM right..
Eggs ARE dairy product IMO, bcos the dairy man used to deliver/sell eggs, and eggs used to be found in the dairy sections in supermarkets, my dad says eggs are poultry, bcos chickens are poultry..
I still think eggs are dairy though..

on another note, my mum once asked
'how do farmers know which eggs to take'
what do you mean?
'well how do they know which eggs have 'eggs' in them and which have baby chicks in them?'
she was dead serious too LOL

on the subject of hens and chickens.. my dad says this should be common sense, although i think its rather confusing and IM right..
Eggs ARE dairy product IMO, bcos the dairy man used to deliver/sell eggs, and eggs used to be found in the dairy sections in supermarkets, my dad says eggs are poultry, bcos chickens are poultry..

on another note, my mum once asked
'how do farmers know which eggs to take'
what do you mean?
'well how do they know which eggs have 'eggs' in them and which have baby chicks in them?'
she was dead serious too LOL

I have a friend who used to think you had to hurry up and eat them before they grew a baby chick in them, lol!

HAHAHA i guess for some people its hard to believe that a white, and yolk, eventually turns into a chick.. well for the ones without common sense that it haha x

Dairy products are made with, or contain, milk :p Eggs are an animal byproduct.

Dairy products are made with, or contain, milk :p Eggs are an animal byproduct.

yeah, but they once upon a time was classed as a dairy product, thats why the dairy man used to sell/deliver them, now they are classed as a poultry. it would be easier if they were always just classed as eggs, or just food.. lol x

I don't think they've ever actually been termed a dairy or poultry product.

"Eggs and dairy are often linked together in the eyes of the public, for a variety of reasons. Both are animal products, typically coming from farms, and in communities where dairy delivery is available, eggs can typically be ordered as well. Eggs and dairy are also typically shelved near each other in the supermarket, because both require refrigeration, and it makes sense to build refrigerating units together, from an efficiency standpoint."

(not that ours are kept in a fridge in the supermarket! Ours also aren't near the milk/cheese etc though - they tend to be up by the breads)

Who knew it was so interesting? :haha:

my point to my dad was, poultry IMO is a meat, obviously chicken, u dont call milk whatever the name is for beef.. its milk, a dairy product.. i like to make things more confusing LOL x

When i was younger my mum always used to say she cut the nipples off chicken breasts before she cooked them. So up until i started buying my own food i genuinely thought chickens breasts had nipples :/

Eggs have never technically been a dairy product, if you have a dairy intolerance/allergy you can eat eggs, but for some reason eggs have often been lumped with dairy, not sure why.

I thought Piccadilly Circus was Leicester Square....pretty much until last year, every time I went to Piccadilly Circus I knew Leicester Square was down a bit further but thought there was another foundation with big advertising screens.

I used to think East Anglia was abroad, although this was back when I was a teenager.

I told hubby what good parkers pilots are to be able to pull planes right up next to those stairs on wheels....yup.

I once had to explain to a grown man how a woman could still pee despite using a tampon....

I used to think that Hastings and Dunkirk were in Scotland!? :blush:

Dunkirk isn't in Scotland?!?! Oh :dohh: :blush:

Probably because you can get eggs from other birds too lol

But don't we just instinctively know that you don't eat certain birds eggs and that you can't get posher eggs in tesco, such as quail.

Or can you?

I don't think they've ever actually been termed a dairy or poultry product.

"Eggs and dairy are often linked together in the eyes of the public, for a variety of reasons. Both are animal products, typically coming from farms, and in communities where dairy delivery is available, eggs can typically be ordered as well. Eggs and dairy are also typically shelved near each other in the supermarket, because both require refrigeration, and it makes sense to build refrigerating units together, from an efficiency standpoint."

(not that ours are kept in a fridge in the supermarket! Ours also aren't near the milk/cheese etc though - they tend to be up by the breads)

Who knew it was so interesting? :haha:

Eggs don't need to be refrigerated.( I didn't know this, Phil Vickery told me on This morning):haha:

Oh and another thing, whilst watching Bondi rescue it just dawned on me if you can't swim don't go for a swim in the frigging sea! Seriously it appears that common sense isn't all that common!:dohh:

Oh and another thing, whilst watching Bonding rescue it just dawned on me if you can't swim don't go for a swim in the frigging sea! Seriously it appears that common sense isn't all that common!:dohh:

I watched something on shark attacks the other week. The... lifeguard-y people had spotted sharks so, of course, the beach was cleared and a flag erected saying to stay clear because sharks were in the area.

They watched from their binoculars as a guy casually strolled right past the flag, into the water and was immediately attacked... :dohh:

Maybe I've just never seen them because I'm not looking for them :haha: I will next time though!

I also didn't know until a friend told me that a raisin is a dried up grape and that dates and prunes AREN'T the same thing :dohh:

Maybe I've just never seen them because I'm not looking for them :haha: I will next time though!

I also didn't know until a friend told me that a raisin is a dried up grape and that dates and prunes AREN'T the same thing :dohh:

Prunes are dried up plums and dates are dried up date palm fruit.

Q No more Tears shsmpoo....does it mean it dose not hurt your eyes and thus cause tears or does it mean no more tangles/tears in ur hair???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->