Things you assume are common sense, but aren't?

Q No more Tears shsmpoo....does it mean it dose not hurt your eyes and thus cause tears or does it mean no more tangles/tears in ur hair???

Supposed to be non irritating so no tears if it gets in the eyes but it lies!

Tears as in from your eyes! xxx

4 years ago I asked my husband how long it takes for cauliflower to turn into broccoli :blush: I genuinely thought it was less ripe broccoli and that's why it tasted different.

When we were going to France in 2010 we were taking the Channel tunnel. My husband couldn't understand why I was so scared. We were only going to be on it an hour or so and we were staying in the car, so no big deal right? Until I asked 'But what if you look out your window and you see a dead body float past or something?':dohh: I thought it was a tunnel, like the one you get at aquariums.

Also, a friend of mine spent years buying mutton but not eating lamb. I never got it, until I asked her about it and she said 'I just don't like the idea of eating sheep, I don't like cows though'...

4 years ago I asked my husband how long it takes for cauliflower to turn into broccoli :blush: I genuinely thought it was less ripe broccoli and that's why it tasted different.

When we were going to France in 2010 we were taking the Channel tunnel. My husband couldn't understand why I was so scared. We were only going to be on it an hour or so and we were staying in the car, so no big deal right? Until I asked 'But what if you look out your window and you see a dead body float past or something?':dohh: I thought it was a tunnel, like the one you get at aquariums.

this is the tunnel i was on about where my dad told me there was fishes on the sat nav... I also thought u could see thru the tunnel, i asked how a glass tunnel can hold all them cars and i thought u actually drove through it in your car not on a train thingy x

Maybe I've just never seen them because I'm not looking for them :haha: I will next time though!

I also didn't know until a friend told me that a raisin is a dried up grape and that dates and prunes AREN'T the same thing :dohh:

I listen to Elvis Duran and the morning show on the radio on my way to work, and this was a topic a few weeks ago bc Greg T, one f the dj's had no clue how raisins, prunes, dried fruits were made. They were asking him what fruit he thought raisins came from, and he thought they just came as raisins. He thought they grew on a tree like that, and people go out and pick the raisins. Lol! So Elvis told him to look at the box of raisins he was eating from, and asked what fruit was on it. It had a bunch of grapes. He still didn't get it:dohh: I was dying laughing in my car.

Even when I went to Paris at 19 I was very excited about going through the Channel Tunnel as if we'd have the anticipation of the train going under the sea and even maybe seeing fish under the sea :dohh: I knew logically this didn't happen but I couldn't help thinking it was going to and waiting to see the sea when I was on the train.

My job as a 911 dispatcher has ruined me. How about "911 where is your emergency?"

"Yes, hi, this isn't an emergency but my electricity is off?"

It's very hard to sternly remind people that 911 is for life and death emergencies. Literally. People abuse it so often it's sad and extremely frustrating. Especially when you KNOW everyone has smart phones, it's far too easy to google the non emergency police number. Just remember, next time you want to dial 911, the dispatcher may have had to put an ACTUAL life or death emergency on hold to answer your stupid call.
:dohh:

I just learnt something new :blush:

when i was younger i never understood what it meant to wipe front to back, i wasnt sure if this meant wiping from the front but going from your bum to your bits, untill my dad explained when i was about 11 'well you wouldnt want poo on your balls would you' i understood then LOL luckily i always wiped the right way anyway but thought it was the wrong way :s

I always thought it was common sense that to park in a parent and toddler space at a supermarket you had to have a child with you. I'm in the later stages of my pregnancy now and getting my toddler out of the car is no easy feat so whilst spending ages trying to get a space that's big enough for me to manoeuvre my toddler out of the car I've witnessed some pretty crazy things. I even stopped and asked someone if they even had children to which he replied, "I've got a car seat do you wanna see?" :wacko: And I've seen people park there because they have dogs in their car! What! Do they not realise these spaces are wider because people need more room to get out of their car not for them to be insanely lazy?????

I always thought it was common sense that to park in a parent and toddler space at a supermarket you had to have a child with you. I'm in the later stages of my pregnancy now and getting my toddler out of the car is no easy feat so whilst spending ages trying to get a space that's big enough for me to manoeuvre my toddler out of the car I've witnessed some pretty crazy things. I even stopped and asked someone if they even had children to which he replied, "I've got a car seat do you wanna see?" :wacko: And I've seen people park there because they have dogs in their car! What! Do they not realise these spaces are wider because people need more room to get out of their car not for them to be insanely lazy?????

just recently I have noticed people using these bays with children in the back of the car but one parent stays in the car with the kids whilst the other goes in the shop then they drive off when they come out I find this annoying

I saw a white van man park in there with his mate for their lunch. I rarely go to parent parking so i go to the far end of car park where no one parks

just recently I have noticed people using these bays with children in the back of the car but one parent stays in the car with the kids whilst the other goes in the shop then they drive off when they come out I find this annoying

While on the subject of misusing parking spaces, I also find it massively annoying when people park in handicapped spots and misuse a handicap sticker on the car so that they can be lazy. If the handicapped person is not with you, you don't need to park there. Common sense people.

I used to think a coma was a type of hospital bed.
I also though the song 'time warp' was called 'time walk'
A male friend of mine believed that women only had periods at night time and were controlled by the moon.
Dh once informed me his favourite Beatle was George McCartney.

A male friend of mine believed that women only had periods at night time and were controlled by the moon.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

On the car parking thing, i saw a couple who were not super elderly or infirm, but getting on in years park in p&c parking and when a lady tried to point out what the spaces were for they had a massive go saying they were elderly and couldn't walk as easily as kids :growlmad:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

On the car parking thing, i saw a couple who were not super elderly or infirm, but getting on in years park in p&c parking and when a lady tried to point out what the spaces were for they had a massive go saying they were elderly and couldn't walk as easily as kids :growlmad:

Ugh, that annoys me too, lol. If you feel your age entitles you to better parking, then maybe you should visit your doctor to get permission with a handicap sticker. if they think you are fine, then guess what, you are fine. park where everyone else parks.

I think half the issue is that they put the spaces closest to the shop, if they spread them out or put them further back then there would be less chance lazy people would use them! I always say, I don't care if i'm at the back of the carpark but i do car if i can't open my door full width! I often have to half reverse my car out of a space so i can get the carseat in ... :/ shocking

I think half the issue is that they put the spaces closest to the shop, if they spread them out or put them further back then there would be less chance lazy people would use them! I always say, I don't care if i'm at the back of the carpark but i do car if i can't open my door full width! I often have to half reverse my car out of a space so i can get the carseat in ... :/ shocking

The spaces are small enough, but then you get so many people who just don't know how to park or aren't even considerate of others when parking. Even when its just me, no kids with me, I've had issues getting in my car because someone has parked so close to my driver side door that I can't even get it half open. I've had to crawl through the passenger side a few times even. LOL that's pretty bad. I saw on Facebook a while back a post about leaving nice little "notes" to these gems about their parking skills. Very tempted to do that sometimes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->