Things You're Looking Forward To?

Equreuil

Reaction score
I'll admit... I currently think being pregnant SUCKS! I just got past the morning sickness but now I've got heartburn, constipation from the iron tablets I have to take, I'm constantly exhausted, which is not helped by having to get up at least twice a night to pee.

I know I'm not the only one. I can't be.

So I've been trying to focus on the things I'm looking forward to when it's all said and done and I'm holding my child.

Stuff like reading them bedtime stories, and singing lullabies (assuming my less than stellar voice doesn't keep him/her awake longer). Bath time, once they're at an age to actually play in the tub. The excitement of Christmas and Halloween in years to come.

Anyone else have little moments they're looking forward to in the future?

Oh, this made me go all teary :cry: Pregnancy hormones!!

I want to sing to my baby too :) I think I have a passable voice and like singing in the shower and when doing the washing up haha. I have this romantic idea that baby will get used to my voice and when s/he arrives all I'll have to do is sing the same songs and they will chill out beautifully in my arms! (Pass the sick bucket!!!)

I just cannot wait to see DH with our child. He is just going to be the best father and I'm so looking forward to watching them play. I have visions of them running around in the back garden together when bubs is a toddler and I think it's just going to be so lovely.

Looking forward to baking birthday cakes and seeing the look of excitement on their little face when they get their presents and try to blow out the candles :)

And just watching their personalities develop and see them grow into their own person. I just hope we do a good enough job as parents to make sure they become well-balanced, nice people :)

Yes! I love doing stuff in the kitchen. I can't wait to come up with cute snacks and treats for the LO.

Breastfeeding, babywearing, having my son's read to baby

I love this! It reminds me I need to think of all the positive things to come. I am actually excited for labor.
I am also VERY excited to hear my baby cry. With my first loss I went into preterm labor at 23 weeks and my baby was stillborn. So that explains why I have a weird excitement for a (hopefully) positive labor this time!

I'm also excited for family vacations and holidays. I loved them when I was younger so I can't wait to share joy that with my little one someday.

I love this! It reminds me I need to think of all the positive things to come. I am actually excited for labor.
I am also VERY excited to hear my baby cry. With my first loss I went into preterm labor at 23 weeks and my baby was stillborn. So that explains why I have a weird excitement for a (hopefully) positive labor this time!

I'm also excited for family vacations and holidays. I loved them when I was younger so I can't wait to share joy that with my little one someday.

Positive thoughts for an awesome labor then!

The holidays are a big thing for me, too. Easter, Halloween and Christmas being the big three, since those were the ones my parents always made a fuss over for me and my brother as kids.

I'm not looking forward to anything other than getting my body back :(

I've tried and I've tried to be positive about this baby coming, but the honest truth is that we were done after three.
Don't get me wrong I'll love it when it's here, and I expect I'll really enjoy the cuddles and the smiles and so on, but I've had three, I know it's not a walk in the park, and I really didn't want to go through it again, so the only thing I'm looking forward to really is not being pregnant! I want my body back!

That's awful isn't it. I know.

Right now I'm looking forward to not being pregnant any more! Not having to turn over in bed every hour, not having to change my bed sheets almost every day from waking up drenched in sweat! I will miss the kicks & movements though, that's like something special just between the 2 of us. When the baby comes I'm looking forward to seeing my OH fall in love with her & be the best daddy ever. I'm looking forward to holding her & anticipating & experiencing all those "firsts" - first Christmas, smile, laugh, tooth... Etc. :cloud9:

I am just looking forward to not waking up to pee every hour at night hahah

Im looking forward to;
Singing to my baby
Seeing them smile
Hearing them laugh and cry
Wearing cute pj's
Bath time
Cuddles when they are wrapped in a towel.
The magic of christmas
Playing family games
Watching disney films
Baking
Teaching them all i know
Im looking forward to everything
Xxx

I want to sing to my baby too :) I think I have a passable voice and like singing in the shower and when doing the washing up haha. I have this romantic idea that baby will get used to my voice and when s/he arrives all I'll have to do is sing the same songs and they will chill out beautifully in my arms! (Pass the sick bucket!!!)

I used to sing to no. 1 before she was born and when she was a newborn and crying, all I'd have to do was put my lips on her forehead and hum the same song and she'd settle right down. It was magic! Doesn't work now though. :D

I can't wait for breast feeding and baby falling asleep in my arms afterwards.
I can't wait to baby wear again. No. 1 lived in her Moby for 3 months. I had sore knees but I loved every second!
I especially can't wait to see my wee one as a big sister. She has a little cousin who she adores and she'll be the most loving big sister ever. :cloud9:
Weirdly, I can't wait to give birth again. On paper, LO's birth went pretty well but I felt like I lost control and it wasn't a great experience so I'm excited at the chance of a do-over.
I can't wait to see another littler personality develop. I wonder how different they'll be from no. 1. Will they sleep well? Will they like music? Will they be stubborn or laid back? Kids are just one surprise after another. :happydance:

I'm looking forward to sleeping comfortably, not peeing myself on a daily basis :)haha:) and labour. Looking forward to finding out if we have another son or a daughter and seeing what they look like.
I'm looking forward to my children playing together, to seeing the bond develop between DS and LO.
I'm also looking forward to that magical day when I don't have to get up multiple times a night with a baby or toddler- in about 10 years :haha:

I used to sing to no. 1 before she was born and when she was a newborn and crying, all I'd have to do was put my lips on her forehead and hum the same song and she'd settle right down. It was magic! Doesn't work now though. :D

I can't wait for breast feeding and baby falling asleep in my arms afterwards.
I can't wait to baby wear again. No. 1 lived in her Moby for 3 months. I had sore knees but I loved every second!

Aw that is so cute the singing worked, even if only for a little while :)

Why did you get sore knees from babywearing? I guess just the weight pressing down? I'd like to babywear, but been having some back problems since being pregnant and worried it could make it worse. But the bonding and closeness would be amazing x

I tend to sing to bump (one certain song hushabye mountain from chitty chitty bang bang). I'm so looking forward to seeing OH with the LO, to being able to go walking again with bump and my puppy. Being able to sit comfortable and ride my horses and work. But must of all showing a little one though life with love.
I'm aware that's probably a very naive view but its what's getting me though the harder times of pregnancy :).

Wow, people have some great things they're looking forward to.

I'm looking forward to baby wearing as well. I have a moby on my gift register, and I will have one even if I have to search couch cushions for change until I have enough to buy one for myself (I'm not really that broke, I swear).

I have an office job/work situation where I'm capable of having baby with me while working, so it's a great set up for baby wearing. Hands free for work but still get all the contact.

I am most looking forward to cuddling up on the sofa with my husband and our baby :)
And going out for spring walks as a family
And taking baby swimming for the first time :)
And dressing him in all the little outfits we have lined up in size order in his wardrobe
There are so many things I am looking forward to :) the look on my husbands face when he sees his son for the first time... How proud he looks showing him off... Ahh I'm just so excited!!!

Finding out if we're having a boy or girl when they are born :)
Cuddling
Watching my husband become a dad
Swim lessons & then getting to swim in there grandparents pools
Christmas & Halloween
Vacations.. some of my personal BEST memories growing up!
The biggest fattening coffee/dessert drink I can get at Starbucks.. Dont judge me! HAHA. I've cut out all coffee since finding out I'm pregnant and I really miss my weekly Starbucks my husband would bring me.

I'm looking forward to spending a year at home with my DS and sweetpea... Seeing DS make his little brother/sister laugh and watching them bond... it's going to be great :)

im looking forward to:
looking into my babys eyes for the first time,
smelling my baby , weird but baby smell kicks ass :)
also singin to my bub, i love singing and want my bub to love it too :)
watchin kids tv and goin to kids films and not looking silly ;)
readin to my bub :) playing games with bub.
bf bub, hopefully works out for us.
watching OH see bub for first time :)
tickling my baby :)
when my nephew was really small , if u rubbed down his nose with ur finger, he would fall asleep (like u can do with a crocodile) i hope this works on my bub cos it is the cutest thing to watch :)
soo many things to look forward to :)
lovely thread thanks :)
lately ive been feeling much better (sickness wise) and am a teensy bit nervous about entering third tri cos im happy as i am, feeling bub kick away in my tummy, but this makes me realise that i wont be giving up that when i have bub, il be gaining bub:) sounds silly ,hope ye know what i mean, i feel like i may miss being preg cos i like it :)

oh and to the poster who said iron was giving her bad heartburn, have u tried different iron supplement, i took galfer for 5 weeks and was very sick on it , i changed to ferrograd C on docs orders , i was on verge of just giving up on iron supplement, it is soo much better and easier on my digestive system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->