Think I might be preg - too soon after prem baby

shennanigan

Reaction score
I had my son 10.5 months ago by c-section. He was born 6 wks early with IUGR at 2lb 12 caused by pre-eclampsia. I was told at the time by my consultant to wait two years before ttc again but I have a sneaking suspicion I may be pregnant ('accident' day after ovulated and been preg twice on the first month ttc). It's too early to test and I'd be delighted but worried about the effect it may have on mine and baby's health and c-s scar. Does anyone have any experience/advice on this?? Thanks

I have had my children really close together.. and whilst I have a history of premature labour, the fact that I've got pregnant so soon between each hasn't really been detrimental to my health of the baby's. The closest age gap between my children is 11 months. 10 months has given your body enough of a rest, and it shouldn't cause a major problem. Good luck... and congratulations, if you are. :)

Phew!! Thank you. You definately look like the voice of experience. That was the reason the doctor gave for the two years - to give my body time to recover. Fingers crossed now ...

My friend got pregnant 3 months after a c-section. Although that was an "accident" and possibly not adviseable so soon....she was fine ( had another c-section).

I found out I was pregnant 6wks after losing one of my children. I felt scared, guilty, happy, nervous etc but it was the best "accident" I've ever had and Lauren is now 6years old.

I've never had a section though so not been through all that:hugs:. I hope this pregnancy goes well for you and you don't get pre-eclampsia again:hug:

So sorry to hear that Hevs and good luck with your pregnancy.

That's one of the things I had nightmares about - the c-s scar ripping open or something as I hadn't given it enough time to heal. I know that it's on my notes for a vbac and that's what I'd prefer as c-s was like a horror movie to me.

Another fear of mine would be getting pre-e again. High bp runs in my family and it took a long time even after having Alex for it to come down.

On the other hand, I would sooooo love to be pregnant again. I loved it - all the kicks and hiccups. Even through the stress of growth scans, dopplers and hospitalisation. I suppose in a way psychologically I feel like I want to get another chance for it to go right.

So sorry to hear that Hevs and good luck with your pregnancy.

That's one of the things I had nightmares about - the c-s scar ripping open or something as I hadn't given it enough time to heal. I know that it's on my notes for a vbac and that's what I'd prefer as c-s was like a horror movie to me.

Another fear of mine would be getting pre-e again. High bp runs in my family and it took a long time even after having Alex for it to come down.

On the other hand, I would sooooo love to be pregnant again. I loved it - all the kicks and hiccups. Even through the stress of growth scans, dopplers and hospitalisation. I suppose in a way psychologically I feel like I want to get another chance for it to go right.

I can totally empathise with that feeling. I feel exactly the same way. None of my pregnancies have "gone right", and every time after I've thought "this is it, it's all going to be perfect this time". I especially thought that with Isebelle, my youngest, who was born 2 weeks ago. I so thought everything was going to be different, we'd even had the go-ahead from my doctor to have a home birth, as long as i got to 37 weeks, and I was so excited about that. But she arrived at 24 weeks. So every time I'm left feeling like I've been robbed of my perfect pregnancy experience, which I still want, but have to accept now I guess that it's not going to happen.

:hug: I've also had pre-e twice... with my 3yr old and my 2yr old, but I have not had it in my two more recent pregnancies, so just because you've had it once doesn't mean you will get it again. When I was pregnant with my youngest twins, I had hypertension, which I feared would turn into pre eclampsia, but it didn't. And although Belle was only born at 24 weeks, my blood pressure was normal in that time.

Let us know if you are pregnant, when you find out :) You just have to stay optimistic and hope for the best, it's all you can do. Oh, and I've had two successful vaginal deliveries after 3 c-sections, so it can happen!

xx

I had my son December 15th (24 weeks), and found out I was pregnant the 18th February. My daughter went full term, :) Every pregnancy is different, when can you test to put your mind at ease?

i gave birth to my daughter at 21+3 and sadly we lost her and i found out 6 weeks later that im pregnant again. I feel guilty, nervous, excited and happy. I honestly dont think theres a perfect time to fall pregnant after having a child, i think doctors just give you guidelines on what they think would be safest. Dont know if this is any help to you but i hope it is, If you are pregnant congratulations x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->