Think I'll be all alone...

Bebica

Reaction score
Don't think they will allow my husband to be w/me tomorrow while induced since he woke up with cough and runny nose and slight temp today.Or it doesn't matter as long as he is away when baby arrives if still sick?!
So I guess I'll be all alone when everyone has someone there...So sad...

Do you have your mum or a close friend who can be with you?

give him some paracetamol ( tylenol ) and some orange juice, your baby shouldnt be affected by your husband being in the room with the sniffles its not a worry for most hospitals here unless you want to go into the NICU or something its cold season so most people are carrying a slight cold of some kind, i would doubt they would look twice at your husband unless he really looked properly unwell in which case he wouldnt want to be there he would be flat on his back in bed

Do you have your mum or a close friend who can be with you?

No.Mom will be with my kids and she is panicking so much that I wouldn't want her there and no-no one,beside her can be there...9 mos no cold no sickness and now,day before inducing...:cry:

give him some paracetamol ( tylenol ) and some orange juice, your baby shouldnt be affected by your husband being in the room with the sniffles its not a worry for most hospitals here unless you want to go into the NICU or something its cold season so most people are carrying a slight cold of some kind, i would doubt they would look twice at your husband unless he really looked properly unwell in which case he wouldnt want to be there he would be flat on his back in bed

He is taking it(meds)...He looks all washed out..and usually it says there if you have any cold symptoms,not to go there..

If you're planning on breatfeeding then you may be good.
Did you know that once you pick up any kind of virus your body produces antibodies for baby in your breatsmilk. Most amazing thing ever! Google it :)

It'll be totally fine! Mw's will still go to work with a cold!! Xx

Can't you cancel or reschedule the induction? I definitely would. There is nothing I can think of that would feel lonelier to me than to deliver my baby without DH... let alone without anyone there at all. Plus... then he misses out. Is this an induction that MUST happen now, or can it wait?

Can't you cancel or reschedule the induction? I definitely would. There is nothing I can think of that would feel lonelier to me than to deliver my baby without DH... let alone without anyone there at all. Plus... then he misses out. Is this an induction that MUST happen now, or can it wait?

My due is in 4 days...and being high risk-I want to do it now.

I don't think it would really be a problem. If it's just sniffles baby should be fine. Most people are infectious before they actually show symptoms, and are on the mend by time symptoms show. Seems a bit unfair to make him miss the birth for a bit of a sniffle. You can't ban him from the house after baby comes homes if he has a sniffle!
If it was full on flu or something then I think I'd worry, otherwise, I wouldnt want to make my hubby miss the birth of his child for a bit of a cold!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->