Think todays the day!! Puppies maybe? 9 Here

lesleyann

Mummy
Reaction score
So here goes since we humans talk about pregnancy on here I thought I would share my doggys pregnancy with you ladys shes due on thw 13th of August and bless her is getting big, Starting to panic about it all now. So im thinking this will be her little diary and something to ocupy my mind while looking after her/pups/kyle lol Pictures of her to follow later with her expanding belly will be drinking lots of :coffee: in the first few weeks lol

And just for those who know alot about breeding dogs;
She has her health tests below the breed ave hip score etc
Shes on puppy food
Whelping box/equiptment all ready
Puppy contracts/packs are all ready to go
She is KC reg as is the stud
Vets are on standby at any given time and a 3min drive up the road

OOooo how exciting!! What breed is she! Im going on maternity leave early and was hoping to breed my shih tzu to give me something do you, but i ve just missed her heat and she only mated with my sister's dog who is chemically castrated so dont think she's caught:( ah well. Let us know when she finally pops!xxx

She is a German Shepherd, cost us a fortune to do this with the health tests and stud fee. We had been waiting for this heat cycle and it was all planned before I got pregnant. For a while we thought she had not took but then she started not being able to hold her wee or poop and then 2days later confirmed via the vets atlest 3 in there! We will be keeping one providing there is a suitable pup. Shes got huge nipples now lol I dont knowmuch about Shih tzu's do they require a few tests or are they one of the breeds that have nothing set by the Kc?

Just thought id update this;

Just waiting for the bloody vetbed to arrive it was suposed to be here already!!

Had a really weird dream last night, that Roxy gave birth to 21!!! Puppies undermy kitchen table 10 of witch where pure white (not she nor the stud is white) and a few where white and brown, and that Oh did not understand that we would have to bottle feed some and i had to explain to him that she does not have 21 teats..

It was soo soo weird

First 2 pictures are our roxy and the 3rd and 4th is the Stud although the picture do him no justice what so ever

Attachments

• IMG_0262[1].jpg
    IMG_0262[1].jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0351[1].jpg
    IMG_0351[1].jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Tiger standing side on.JPG
    Tiger standing side on.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Tiger d.jpg
    Tiger d.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 39
  • tiger5.jpg
    tiger5.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 29
How exciting must it all be?! How did the vet manage to find out how many were in there? The pictures are lovely, they're both beautiful.

Very exciting and nervous at the same time, Just found a better picture of Tiger, added it onto my last post, The vet said there is atlest 3 in there however he did not want to feel to hard and just like babys they move about since we had her palpatated rather than scanned as we had just changed to a brand new vets and their scanner had not been delivered yet. The closer she gets the more i find my self having to check and check again what I have read and doubting myself on things such as the size of the whelping box etc

Although we have recently found out our next door is bringing home a puppy to their house tomorrow so this could be very intresting, a new male 8week old puppy next door and our roxy having puppys.

she is STUNNING glad to hear she has been health tested!! esp being a GSD as they can have horrid hip issues, my mum has a cross he'll be 11 at the end of the year and his back end bothers him some times.

is the stud a straight back??? i think he's just standing on some hay! he's lovely, oh long haired GSD's really are one of my weaknesses.....

and if you end up with a white GSD you'll be so lucky, they are lovely animals

she is STUNNING glad to hear she has been health tested!! esp being a GSD as they can have horrid hip issues, my mum has a cross he'll be 11 at the end of the year and his back end bothers him some times.

is the stud a straight back??? i think he's just standing on some hay! he's lovely, oh long haired GSD's really are one of my weaknesses.....

and if you end up with a white GSD you'll be so lucky, they are lovely animals

Yeah the first thing we did was get her hips checked out she came back with a score of 3/4 = 7 so hers are actutaly better than the Studs since his are 5/7 his also Haemophilia tested clear. Yeah he is its the hay that does it he lives on a farm well ex-farm now, training ground,boarding kennels ect lol Seen a few of his litters and they are soo soo lovely, the Stud owner has 2 white boys we could of used but the second I saw tiger it had to be him!

Heres proberly a better picture of his back from the charity dog event he was at not long ago

Attachments

• glebevonwoods charity day dog show 16-05-11 026.jpg
    glebevonwoods charity day dog show 16-05-11 026.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 26
he is stunning, so nice to see that they have been health tested.....

my sil was badgering me to put my dog two one of her bitches, my dog is perfectly behaved well trained (he's a border collie so picks things up almost instantly) however he is a rescue with no background therefor not breeding stock.... he's no tests, i've no idea bout genetic throw backs he could produce etc

and to top it her dogs are crosses, ill mannered, anything but KC breed spec and not tested either. i fail to see why people breed dogs who are crosses, not tested, not suitable. its not good for the bloodlines let alone to poor bitch.

its nice to see you have done all your reading.

the next dog we get will be used for breeding we hope, the breeder already knows this, all her dogs are tested and trained and also compete i think.... she's just had a litter but its bad timing for us and not fair on the pup. but ohh how i want my english shepard

my dog had pups earlier this year in may and it was amazing. She had 5 pups and it was so special to watch you will feel like such a proud granmummy when they come lol. We kept one of the pups his name is patty he is just adorable!! The first sign for us was the pacing of the house and within 45 mins she had already given birth to the first pup. They are cavalier x jack russel. i cant wait to hear your story of the birth of the little ones how exciting!!!!!

here's a pic of my pup taken on holiday last year when he was 9months

Attachments

• IMG_4240.jpg
    IMG_4240.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 6
Saw some lovely english shepard pups on a pet forum im on recently, Someone said to us if we keep back a boy they want to use him on their husky.. Pups anit even born yet!! Plus I plan on keeping a girl back..

A cavalier x jack russel ? I cannot picture it lol Where the parents both your dogs? Bet it was a suprice to find out she was going to whelp!

He is lovely looking,we used to have a collie turns out its the only dog im allergic to! I keep trying to get a new picture of Roxy with her growingbelly but everytime i get up she follows haha!

they would be Dora's pups??? yep.... very very sad i won't be taking one home, infact when jackie put the pics up i bawled my eyes out, the pup in the red collar with the milk on her muzzle thats the one i want...........

He is lovely looking,we used to have a collie turns out its the only dog im allergic to! I keep trying to get a new picture of Roxy with her growingbelly but everytime i get up she follows haha!

ahhhhhh yes mummy is leaving syndrom, i've trained Bear to follow me to the loo, we can both squeeze in any loo.......... i figured its gonna be easier to take him to the loo than a newborn, whilst i trust him with my life some risks are worth taking......

I think it might of been I think there was 10?, and nah its ooo is she going to get me more food syndrome! I turned the oven on so she sat waiting for food! I open the fridge her nose is in there shes a right piggy now. Like she is layed down nicely right now but the seccond I get she thinks im getting food but it is lunch time haha!

awww bless her, but i bet she's barely eating any amount what puppy food is she on???? i had bear on fish 4 dogs and the discounts were amazing 30quid for 15kg delivered......

yeah there were ten pups, sired by adam, the first male ES in the uk in over 100yrs.....

She on a non-comercial puppy food, Its one our stud has made for her own kennels, studs and breeding bitch's. £27 for 15kgs if i collect it or £33.75 if I want it delivered its a 4hour round trip if i collect it lol but if I order 2 bags the second bags postage is only £3 lol

thats not bad at all, take it its a good food thou? i've my pup on raw, he's so much calmer now and a lot more focused, also his teeth are amazing! when on kibbble he climbs walls, and can be hard to handle too much energy!

i bet theirs some grooming in your dog thou!!!

Is this your first litter? It's hard work when the puppies arrive (we're on constant watch for 7 days straight!) but so worth it and there's nothing like owning a puppy that you bred yourself :kiss: I wish you all the best and hope you carry on to have more litters in the future - the dog world needs sensible people like you!!

I've been breeding pointers for about 10 years (although had a break for the last couple of years), and my mam bred Irish Setters, so it's very much in my background. Here are my dogs - I bred the one in the middle (Jack) and the one on the right (Willow). They have the same mam, and the one on the left (Dandy) is Jack's dad.

Pointers.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->