Thinking about little lambs? Opinions please

mummygiraffe

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
which ones have you tried.

What are they like?

do you use them exclusively etc.

anything you can tell me.

I've been on the thread that rates nappies but LL only have 2 or 3 ratings.

thanks

Everyone has different preference honey - some love them others hate them!
you can use them exclusively if you get on with them.

Little lambs are a sized nappy (they do two sizes) and they require a wrap. The whole nappy will get wet (including round the waist) which generally puts some people off as not all nappy types do that. and the do require a wrap (waterproof cover to protect clothes)

The thing with nappies in general inc disposables is that not all nappy types suit the baby. they're all different shapes, absorbency etc. (there's two article links in my siggy if you want further info)
the best advice i can give you is try one or two before committing to a particular type as so many cloth users give up when they start with an unsuitable nappy rather than keeping an open mind!
Happy fluff shopping! :happydance:

the whole thing gets wet?? do you use these?

how can i tell which do and don't do this?

not sure if that puts me off or not-eek! tricky especially as hubby is not keen

Generally, anything that the whole inside is made of the absorbant stuff will get wet all over if baby wees enough. Little Lambs do come with a lovely fluffy fleecy liner (fleece lets the wee through and then keeps LO's skin dry) but it only covers the central part of the nappy so if there is enough wee LO will get wet around the sides.

Pocket nappies are usually lined with fleece (so you don't need a separate liner) and the absorbant insert goes in a pocket down the middle of the nappy so wee doesn't go everywhere.

Prefolds will generally get wet all over unless you get certain types like a Flip nappy, which has an absorbant insert down the middle rather than you folding the absorbant part round LO like a fitted nappy.

All-in-ones tend to have most of the absorbant bit down the middle so you can cover that with fleece and LO stays dry.

I tried a few Little Lambs (not their pocket one though) when Leyla was a newborn and I hated them because she was wet all over so I sold them. I've recently tried them again and quite like them now. I think it's because now I've been using cloth for longer, I'm more in touch with how often Leyla will need changing etc so I can judge it better so that she doesn't get too wet.

^^^ what rachel said.

Just to add though the little lamb fleece liners are brill. I have just ordered a load to use in my other nappies as even with the lined ones her bum feels a little damp.

One of the reasons for selling my little lambs was that i didnt like how wet she felt round her belly after wearing them. I guess if you changed them quite often and didnt have a heavy wetter they might work out ok, but i tried them at night and decided they werent for me.

On the plus side though however wet they got the fleece liner kept most of her bits dry and the wrap did its job and we never had any leaks with them :thumbup:

What Rachel said!

And i also don't like the fact they get wet all over, they're really chunky too.

I really like my LL's I've all 3 microfibre, bamboo and cotton. It doesn't bother me if he's wet all over, he has his liner in so the only bit that gets wet is his hips n tummy if he's in it long enough to wee that much.
We use them at night a lot as well as they are chunky but I find them really absorbant for him.
And if you get bored of plain old boring white, you can dye the bamboo and cottons ones funky colours and get ya experimental inner self out :D (I dyed mine bright pink lol)

I really like my Little Lambs, I have 2 bamboo and 2 cotton. Aisling isn't a heavy wetter so it's only at night that I've noticed it damp around the waist etc, I'm not sure if my opinion would be different if they did get quite wet there, maybe.

I love the look of them without the wrap as they're cute adn fluffy and she'll have one on generally once a day without a wrap to get some air to her bum. I don't use the LL wraps, I've been using Blueberry wraps so my LLs are a bit of a show off nappy for me now! They are quite big but I only have her in them when they can be seen so if she's wearing a dress and I don't think the size matters then personally. They certainly aren't so big that they've stopped her crawling or pulling to standing etc.

Certainly worth getting one or 2 to try, especially with the free ones they've been offering in baby mags :D

i might try getting a sample one if they are still doing it.

all the info is great-keep it coming if anyone else wants to give advice.

I love my little lambs - we have three bamboo ones in size 1 and I've got some ready for size 2, too. They rank in hubby's fave nappies and are super soft, however the bamboo does take an aaaage to dry! I hated the wraps that came with them so we use our own with no probs. As has been said before, we LOVE the liners and they remain super soft too.
The aplix is nice and strong and seems as though it will last well, and the laundry tabs actually work and stop your nappy sticking to everything else in the wash!
We haven't had a problem with clothes fitting him over his squishy cloth bum at all.
I totally would get a free one to try for yourself. Hope this helps! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->