• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Thinking about names

KateCardwell

Reaction score
Recently, my OH and I have been discussing some names. We don't know what we're having yet, but I really want to have names for both genders picked out as soon as possible (I have a thing for monogramming :haha:). We came up with a list, but we're still debating. What do you girls think of those names?

Girls:
Ellery
Blair
Lyra
Beatrice
Annabelle
Hazel
Charlotte
Ophelia

Boys:
Hammett
Lucas
Henry
Martin
Harper
Atticus
Bran

For boys, the middle name is Alexander, we don't have a middle name for a girl yet. The last name is Cardwell. What do you think?

Aw they're all gorgeous names!! I like Charlotte for a girl and Lucas for a boy :) it's quite a list you have there! Good luck narrowing it down they're all beautiful names :haha: x

Her are the names we pick out for our baby! Middle
Name for a boy is glen after my grandpa and middle name for a girl brealyne

Names

Girl

Bailey
Hadley
Oakley*
Josie
Jocie
Ruby
Ryder
Rikky
Charley
Harley
Laslie
Tessie
Riley*

Boy

Nash
Stetson*
Brighton
Carver
Colden
Cooper
Easton
Hudson*
Landon
Paxton
Rollin
Ronan
Rusty
Weldon
Wesley
Beau *

I like hazel and Henry out of the names on your list:)

My favorites are definitely Annabelle and Lucas! A lot of the names are very Shakespearean which I love! Especially the girls, a lot of the names are heroins (if you didn't already know that). I'm a Shakespearean geek :blush: they are such beautiful names, which will make it difficult to narrow down.

So far we've agreed on the boy name of Brantley Michael, but disagree on the girl's which will either me Hali Ann (his pick) or Maci Lee (my pick), with the last name Comstock. I'm just not sure I could handle the name Hali being so close to mine, Kaleigh, though I absolutely love the name :dohh:

I really like Hazel, Charlotte, and Harper. :flower:

Some of my personal fav names are:

-Emma
-Evelynn
-Hailey
-Isabelle
-Esme
-Victoria
-Vivianna/Viviann
-Cheyenne
-Harper
-Sophia
-Emery/Emeree
-Amelia
-Sophia

-Ashton
-Landon
-Ryker
-Julian
-Ian
-Brennan/Brayden
-Bentley
-Tristan
-Harley
-Coleton
-Alexander
-Hunter
-Logan
-Aiden
-Levi

Good luck, hope this helps. :thumbup:

Ophelia or Charlotte for a girl are my favourites and Lucas for a boy. Lovely names :D x

Thank you, girls! Still not set on anything, but after having your input and some of my friends' and family, we've ruled out a few (Ellery, Atticus and Bran are out. Alex hates those), and I've been calling out some names around the house just to see how they sound when I actually have to do that (sounds a bit crazy, but it has helped), and some stood out to me. Thanks again!

Aw they're all gorgeous names!! I like Charlotte for a girl and Lucas for a boy :) it's quite a list you have there! Good luck narrowing it down they're all beautiful names :haha: x

Thank you! And we'll surely need some luck :haha:

Her are the names we pick out for our baby! Middle
Name for a boy is glen after my grandpa and middle name for a girl brealyne

Names

Girl

Bailey
Hadley
Oakley*
Josie
Jocie
Ruby
Ryder
Rikky
Charley
Harley
Laslie
Tessie
Riley*

Boy

Nash
Stetson*
Brighton
Carver
Colden
Cooper
Easton
Hudson*
Landon
Paxton
Rollin
Ronan
Rusty
Weldon
Wesley
Beau *

I like most of your names, but I love Ruby for a girl and Cooper for a boy. I think they both sound so classy!

My favorites are definitely Annabelle and Lucas! A lot of the names are very Shakespearean which I love! Especially the girls, a lot of the names are heroins (if you didn't already know that). I'm a Shakespearean geek :blush: they are such beautiful names, which will make it difficult to narrow down.

So far we've agreed on the boy name of Brantley Michael, but disagree on the girl's which will either me Hali Ann (his pick) or Maci Lee (my pick), with the last name Comstock. I'm just not sure I could handle the name Hali being so close to mine, Kaleigh, though I absolutely love the name :dohh:

It's definitely not an accident! I love Shakespeare and many of those names were picked out from some of his books. Personally I like your choice for a girl best. Hali Ann Comstock sounds beautiful. And the boy name you chose is very cute. Masculine and modern, but not too crazy.

I really like Hazel, Charlotte, and Harper. :flower:

Some of my personal fav names are:

-Emma
-Evelynn
-Hailey
-Isabelle
-Esme
-Victoria
-Vivianna/Viviann
-Cheyenne
-Harper
-Sophia
-Emery/Emeree
-Amelia
-Sophia

-Ashton
-Landon
-Ryker
-Julian
-Ian
-Brennan/Brayden
-Bentley
-Tristan
-Harley
-Coleton
-Alexander
-Hunter
-Logan
-Aiden
-Levi

Good luck, hope this helps. :thumbup:

It does help, thanks! On your list, I like Amelia, Hailey and Vivian for girls and
Julian, Logan and Levi for boys. Alexander is my OH's name, also his father's name and grandfather's middle name, so if we have a boy, it'll definitely be his middle name.

Ophelia or Charlotte for a girl are my favourites and Lucas for a boy. Lovely names :D x

I absolutely adore Ophelia. But everyone else seems to hate it :cry:. Lucas is definitely one of the boy names we like the most. Lucas Alexander Cardwell sounds very nice, imo.

It's definitely not an accident! I love Shakespeare and many of those names were picked out from some of his books. Personally I like your choice for a girl best. Hali Ann Comstock sounds beautiful. And the boy name you chose is very cute. Masculine and modern, but not too crazy.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that adores Shakespeare, I actually have a quote from Henry V (Band of Brothers) tattooed on my side. And thank youfor your opinion, I'm sure the debate will roar on, I was actually thinking of heroin names last night, before I saw your post, to maybe find a compromise. And as for Brantley, we were definitely looking for a strong, more unique name- I guess it worked! :cloud9:

Girls:
Ellery (ok)
Blair (I knew a boy with this name so i think of it as male)
Lyra (ok)
Beatrice (I personally hate this name)
Annabelle (very cute)
Hazel (also very cute)
Charlotte (ok)
Ophelia (interesting but i knew a few goths that use this name)

Boys:
Hammett (interesting)
Lucas (ok but not my taste)
Henry (very common)
Martin (I dont mind but i had an ex with this name so i wouldnt use it but ifs cute for someone else)
Harper (dont really like this)
Atticus (interesting)
Bran (never even heard this before similar name is Brian which i like)

Martin Alexander Cardwell

and

Annabelle Hazel Cardwell

would be my choice

the girls name is super cute a feminine

and the boys name is masculine and strong

I'm glad I'm not the only one that adores Shakespeare, I actually have a quote from Henry V (Band of Brothers) tattooed on my side. And thank you for your opinion, I'm sure the debate will roar on, I was actually thinking of heroin names last night, before I saw your post, to maybe find a compromise. And as for Brantley, we were definitely looking for a strong, more unique name- I guess it worked! :cloud9:

That's awesome! We have this writing on our living room wall that says "This above all, to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man." Which was one of my favorite Shakespeare quotes. I feel like giving the baby a name that meant so much to me (I was a tad weird in my early teens. I didn't really have friends, and I could identify with some of Shakespeare's characters) would be great. And please keep us posted on which girl name you chose!

Girls:
Ellery (ok)
Blair (I knew a boy with this name so i think of it as male)
Lyra (ok)
Beatrice (I personally hate this name)
Annabelle (very cute)
Hazel (also very cute)
Charlotte (ok)
Ophelia (interesting but i knew a few goths that use this name)

Boys:
Hammett (interesting)
Lucas (ok but not my taste)
Henry (very common)
Martin (I dont mind but i had an ex with this name so i wouldnt use it but ifs cute for someone else)
Harper (dont really like this)
Atticus (interesting)
Bran (never even heard this before similar name is Brian which i like)

Martin Alexander Cardwell

and

Annabelle Hazel Cardwell

would be my choice

the girls name is super cute a feminine

and the boys name is masculine and strong

Thanks a lot for your input! I'm actually loving the girl name you suggested. It's adorable!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that adores Shakespeare, I actually have a quote from Henry V (Band of Brothers) tattooed on my side. And thank you for your opinion, I'm sure the debate will roar on, I was actually thinking of heroin names last night, before I saw your post, to maybe find a compromise. And as for Brantley, we were definitely looking for a strong, more unique name- I guess it worked! :cloud9:

That's awesome! We have this writing on our living room wall that says "This above all, to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man." Which was one of my favorite Shakespeare quotes. I feel like giving the baby a name that meant so much to me (I was a tad weird in my early teens. I didn't really have friends, and I could identify with some of Shakespeare's characters) would be great. And please keep us posted on which girl name you chose!

I'm in love with that quote, I must say! I have "For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother," it was a quote that meant a lot to me while I was enlisting in the US Army (I'm sure you'll see a glimpse of it on bump pictures!) I chose not to have many friends while I was in school, I always felt more advanced and mature than others my age, plus you realize as the years go by that many "friends" don't stick around anyway. I'll be sure to keep you updated once we settle our debate; you must keep me updated, as well!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 1

I'm in love with that quote, I must say! I have "For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother," it was a quote that meant a lot to me while I was enlisting in the US Army (I'm sure you'll see a glimpse of it on bump pictures!) I chose not to have many friends while I was in school, I always felt more advanced and mature than others my age, plus you realize as the years go by that many "friends" don't stick around anyway. I'll be sure to keep you updated once we settle our debate; you must keep me updated, as well!

Alright, I will. And that's one beautiful tattoo. I've always wanted one, and I had plans to get one this year, but I'll have to push that a bit forward :haha:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->