Thinking about taking my chances

spencerbear

Mum to 2 girls and 3 boys
Reaction score
I am thinking about having my coil taken out early (we are ttc in october). Mainly to try and regulate my periods and to check to see how im ovulating.

I had one off my ovaries removed because of a large cyst, was lucky they didnt have to remove the lot. But im now worrying about how it will effect my ttc. Figure the only way to know is have it taken out and try ntnp for a couple of months while i work this out.

One problem though, i have yet to talk to OH and he is determined that he wants to have our baby born august onwards (if only it was that easy).

Am i mad for wanting to check or should i just go with the flow?

Maybe speak to dr about the effect it will have on TTC before having it removed?? Get all the info you can then speak to OH and be armed with the info

Hi. Is there any particular reason that your oh wants an august onwards baby? x

Because there are alot of family birthdays during may june and july. August to december there isnt any

awww, I think it may be a good idea, and maybe if you really don't wanna get pregnant before then, you could use condoms for a little bit? x

Went to see Dr today. She said that although i will ovulate every month from the one side, it will mean my eggs run out sooner and that i would probably start the menopause earlier. With the fact that all women in my family started just into their 40s except my sister who is 32. She said if i really want another it might be better sooner rather than later.

So spoke to OH and he said to go ahead. But then checked to see if i would be ok if it didnt happen for just those reasons, which was sweet.

So coil is booked for removal on the 26th and we will be NTNP from then.

Congrats hun. fx NTNP works sooner rather than later xx

I say do it! When i came off the pill it took months to regulate and have any idea of when ov was happening. The idea of birthdays suely isn't a real problem when you are already facing difficulties of having lost an ovary? If it is then you could just use condoms til you can TTC? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->