Thinking of breastfeeding baby number 3

Secret_k

Reaction score
Just thinking ahead, I didn't BF my 2 children but think I might do it with this one any advise welcome

Read up on how to get a good latch and different feeding positions, make sure you know where to access support and advice if you need it and good luck!

Hi, I am breastfeeding. It can be a bit difficult and painful at the beginning but it is worth. Through breast milk you give a lot of goods to your baby that you can not give synthetically. I gave birth in Liverpool Women's Hospital and I met there support from group called Bamby. They still text me and call me to see how I am doing. They helped me a lot when my baby was crying a lot and I thought I could not feed her enough. I guess you can find a support group where you are. It is very important. The best rule you need to remember for breastfeeding is that you give on demand even if it is every two hours. Good luck :).

I would recommend that you see if you can find a buddy here, if they still do it. Helped me no end. I tried with my first and managed 2 weeks. My 2nd I didn't try as I felt I had failed the first time. My 3rd I had depression and was told I couldn't feed because of the meds. My 4th I was persuaded to top up with formula at 2 weeks and it quickly screwed everything up. My 5th I was determined to succeed! It was damn hard and I felt like giving up so manyttimes in the first couple of months, but I stuck with it. What got me through was a buddy here, the support of the ladies on the forum, my husbands support in helping me to look after myself re eating and drinking properly and a lot of determination. I also purchased a moby wrap and used it around the house as well as out and about. It meant I could latch her on and do other things too, once we got the hang of it. My last is now 3 and still nursing even through this last pregnancy, I just had baby number 6 . Just arm yourself with as much knowledge as you can handle. Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->