Thinking TTC in July '15 - Anyone Else??

I don't think doing a few things to try and gender sway is crazy. You have a 50/50 chance of it working. LOL

Miracles a 3 year gap sounds nice. Long enough to enjoy them both being little. :)

I am going to wait along with you ladies :flower: I was thinking DH and I may try again for #3 around June/July as I would love a March or April baby!

BusyTulip- I am making some major changes, I've been eating healthy for about 2 months now, and exercising for a month and a half. I limit junk food intake, drink plenty of water, and have dropped 5lbs total since I've started. I have a goal, and that is to have a flat stomach again and look good in a bikini come summer.

So I am 26 and DH is 27, next month marks our 7th year wedding anniversary. We have an almost 4 year old DD named Nora, and an 17 month old DS named Everett. I hope to get to know you all and look forward to us all moving over to the TTC board together :)

I'm not planning on anything drastic just mostly tempting and trying to time BD at the right time to tip the odds. I don't know if I really feel it will work so I won't be upset if it doesn't because I change my mind occasionally anyways but I think it will be fun to see if it does or not. Like you said it's a 50/50 shot! :thumbup: At the end of the day all I really hope for is a wonderful healthy baby, no matter the gender!

Three years to me seemed just right. I wanted to fully enjoy the time when they're little as you said and also wanted my daughter to be old enough to enjoy being a big sister as well. I think she will love it as much as I did! The only thing that stinks is the father I get from the baby stage with her the less I want to go back haha. I'm sure I would change my mind though, she's just at the most fun age right now!

I don't think doing a few things to try and gender sway is crazy. You have a 50/50 chance of it working. LOL

Miracles a 3 year gap sounds nice. Long enough to enjoy them both being little. :)

Welcome! :) that is so awesome that you are doing so well and have made such great changes so far ahead of time too! I need to work harder at these things! :dohh: You said number 3, do you guys know how many kids you think you want?? How was the transition from 1 to 2?

BusyTulip- I am making some major changes, I've been eating healthy for about 2 months now, and exercising for a month and a half. I limit junk food intake, drink plenty of water, and have dropped 5lbs total since I've started.

L&K congrats on the weight loss and happy early anniversary! Will you plan on doing anything special to celebrate?

Miracles I hope I'm not jumping in but wanted to say that a lot of people have said to me that going from 1-2 was really difficult. But it went well for me, it was going from 2-3 that was really hard. Even with your SO around to help it's no longer 1:1 management LOL But it may just be that they were quite close in age.

How many children is everyone hoping to have?

Thank you ladies :flower:

Busytulip- DH wants to find a sitter for the day so he can take me to play paintball with him and his work buddies.

Miracles- #3 will be our last, we only have one more spare bedroom, and I honestly don't think I could handle any more than 3, just the idea of being completely outnumbered by children scares me a bit :haha: plus none of mine or DH's family members live near us, so I do all the child rearing alone until DH comes home from work. It's a lot of stress at times when I never get that break I need.

For me, the hardest transition was going from 0-1, going from 1-2 was so easy for me because DD was older, taking directions easily, more independent, and wanting to help me out. Also, I had a good idea of what to expect. I am hoping going from 2-3 will be easy too as DD and DS play together really well. They could easily occupy themselves.

Not jumping in at all! I like having multiple experiences to go off of. I am glad to hear 1-2 isn't bad! We are planning on just two. I have been with my daughter almost every second of her life so far, minus little bits of time here and there and even still I've never felt overwhelmed so I'm hoping with the age gap I can be the same with the next! What really worries me the most is giving up all my one on one time with my daughter. I'm just so attached to her. What do you ladies think about the whole theory that your second child is totally opposite of your first?

I was very lucky with my first 2. They were both boys, easy babies, well behaved- even now as teenagers they are good boys. They aren't complete opposites but are fairly different. My oldest is on the autism spectrum with high functioning aspergers as well as sensory perception disorder, so he tends to keep to himself. Meanwhile my 2nd oldest is pretty outgoing and tends to lead the way and be a bit more responsible.

I think that worried feeling of splitting your time is very normal. Many times I feel as though I've not given one of my children enough time, but just being aware of it means that you can do something about it. My DH and I both take our kids out 1:1 or a pair out for special 'dates'.

L&K I've never been paintballing but it looks like fun!

with my 2 there are a lot of similarities, but there are a lot of differences as well. Nora has always been very independent and outgoing, where Everett tends to cling to me or his father, he is very shy, and gets overwhelmed easily, he's also very sensitive, they are both very cuddly though.

It's hard at first, especially when a newborn demands all your time, but the older they get, the easier it is. Right now I am at a point where I can easily juggle the two, and still manage to find time to shower, keep up with the laundry, the dishes, eat full meals, and have time to myself, which are big deals once you have kids :haha:

It's hard at first, especially when a newborn demands all your time, but the older they get, the easier it is. Right now I am at a point where I can easily juggle the two, and still manage to find time to shower, keep up with the laundry, the dishes, eat full meals, and have time to myself, which are big deals once you have kids :haha:

Oh my goodness, yes! Those are my daily goals. :haha:

:hi: thought I might join in here ahh!! We are tentatively possibly going to ttc number 4 June/July not really 100% sure yet. I've always wanted 4 girls and I've got 3 girls just now, so sort of feel although I'm SUPER busy I might regret not having another? My husband works away 3-4 weeks at a time so it makes having 4 hard, esp because I hate being pregnant and keeping up with their schedule, school, nursery, play dates, activities and working is shattering.

Number 3 has been the hardest for me, maybe because my eldest started school, maybe she was/is high maintenance, maybe because my husband left when she was around a week old at Christmas...not sure but it was hard. I say that not to be scary, but because I was told number 3 was easy, chilled etc etc it's not true, they are all different and I was totally un prepared :rofl: but I want to do it again... Ha.

We only have 4 bedrooms, so my eldest two are going to have to share a room for now, then we will change it depending on boy/girl baby and then we will have to buy a 5 bed house :shock:

Hello, I'm going to be a july-er too by the looks of it! I had my daughter November 2012 after 3 years TTC, wanted another one pretty much straight away but I carried her in a posterior position and I ended up with a nice split in my stomach muscles :dohh: had physio, all done and mended and just waiting for our wedding to come and go at the end of June and make our daughter a big sister :) I just hope I don't end up on those blinking LTTTC forums again, that was such a tough time for me when I wasn't conceiving but didn't know why :cry: Still fon't know why it took so long but at least I know my body's capable of child bearing this time around :thumbup:

Hi Blob! My 3rd was really difficult as well. He was just a very busy little boy, still is. At that time my DH worked away for weeks-months at a time; that in and of itself is difficult. So big :hugs: to you! That is very sweet that you have always wanted 4 girls, how would you feel if #4 ended up being a boy?

Bumblebee- hoping to see you get your BFP shortly after TTC

Hi all, I was posting on these boards for a TTC date of March 2014, needless to say, life got in the way a bit. Worked out when the earliest we can try (and still get full maternity pay in new job) and that puts us around July/August! So excited, and hoping this will give me the push to get on with making the second bedroom actually usable, I love a deadline!

:hi: thought I might join in here ahh!! We are tentatively possibly going to ttc number 4 June/July not really 100% sure yet. I've always wanted 4 girls and I've got 3 girls just now, so sort of feel although I'm SUPER busy I might regret not having another? My husband works away 3-4 weeks at a time so it makes having 4 hard, esp because I hate being pregnant and keeping up with their schedule, school, nursery, play dates, activities and working is shattering.

Number 3 has been the hardest for me, maybe because my eldest started school, maybe she was/is high maintenance, maybe because my husband left when she was around a week old at Christmas...not sure but it was hard. I say that not to be scary, but because I was told number 3 was easy, chilled etc etc it's not true, they are all different and I was totally un prepared :rofl: but I want to do it again... Ha.

We only have 4 bedrooms, so my eldest two are going to have to share a room for now, then we will change it depending on boy/girl baby and then we will have to buy a 5 bed house :shock:

Welcome! My husband is also gone off and on quite a bit as well - we actually just found out there is a good possibility he will be gone for about a year, not quite sure when, but at a time that would most likely leave me here with our (hopefully) two children. It actually doesn't make me near as nervous as it probably should :haha: I hold up pretty well by myself most of the time I will just feel bad for our daughter, cause she will be old enough to miss him so much. You said you wanted four girls and have three, did you try for girls in any way or did you just get lucky??

Hello, I'm going to be a july-er too by the looks of it! I had my daughter November 2012 after 3 years TTC, wanted another one pretty much straight away but I carried her in a posterior position and I ended up with a nice split in my stomach muscles :dohh: had physio, all done and mended and just waiting for our wedding to come and go at the end of June and make our daughter a big sister :) I just hope I don't end up on those blinking LTTTC forums again, that was such a tough time for me when I wasn't conceiving but didn't know why :cry: Still fon't know why it took so long but at least I know my body's capable of child bearing this time around :thumbup:

Ouch! That sounds awful! I felt like I was TTC for a long time (it only took us 9 months) but it seemed forever since I wasn't sure if I would be able to have children. I always had this bad feeling I wouldn't for some reason so I feel a little more at ease this time knowing it has at least happened once. We were going to wait a few months more just to try and make sure our kids were spaced at least three years (my request) but since I don't get pregnant easily we moved it up knowing it most likely will not happen right away. Did you do anything differently during the cycle you did get pregnant? I hated my wait, I can't imagine yours! :nope:

Hi all, I was posting on these boards for a TTC date of March 2014, needless to say, life got in the way a bit. Worked out when the earliest we can try (and still get full maternity pay in new job) and that puts us around July/August! So excited, and hoping this will give me the push to get on with making the second bedroom actually usable, I love a deadline!

Hello! :hi: Welcome to you! Glad you could join us even though it means you have to wait a bit longer. Will you be TTC #1??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->