third boy..last baby..little sad :/

embeth

Mum to 4 perfect children
Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Thought coming in here and writing it down may help, although I feel guilty for even feeling it!
Last week we found out we are on boy number 3! Everything up until 14 weeks was so different from my two boys I really thought I may be in with a chance of a little girl :( It was not to be though.

After the scan I was upset that night but have since been feeling bub kick and am trying very hard to focus on the fact i'm lucky enough to be having a third baby and that I love my two boys more than anything and I know this one will be just as great.

I just can't shake the thought in my head of never having a girl...this is our last baby, I only want 3 and don't want to have a fourth just to try and get a girl, i would be setting myself up for disappointment. This pregnancy was solely because we wanted another baby, it being a girl would have been the icing on the cake.

Anyone know if these thoughts tend to disappear?:/ I hope so! xxx

They will fade I'm sure even if it takes til when baby arrives. I will be sad if this one is a boy. I also like you feel bad saying it but its the truth. I have two boys and a girl and my dd is desperate for a sister.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: I know exactly how you feel.

I had 2 boys and I really thought my 3rd son Anthony was a girl, but NO he was a boy.

My boys are big now 21, 19 and almost 13. I got pregnant by total accident at 40 and it was my Ava. I lost her at 22 weeks, but I thought I would never ever have a daughter. I have a daughter she just is in heaven instead of on earth.
Once your baby gets here things will get better I know it.....

And never say never you could always get your girl just like I did,,XXOOXO

maybebaby3..goodluck getting your girl! Never thought of it from a sibling point of view, my two boys wanted another brother but they're only young and tbh don't think they were really that bothered either way :) if its a boy just think you've got your one dd..she'll have to do the girly stuff with you :)

Andypanda...so sorry to hear you lost your dd, she must be very special to you. People are already saying to me will I have a fourth!!I think the only way I would is if I really felt the need for another baby of either gender, otherwise its 3 boys for me :)

:) xx

Hugs, I have 3 boys. I'm hoping this next one is a girl, but as the weeks creep by I feel less and less hopeful. All I can say is having 3 sons is lovely and although I'm sure that if this one is another boy the feeling of missing a daughter will never leave me, another boy won't be so bad.

Thanku, I really hope you get your girl this time.. Goodluck ;) xx

I had my third girl just over six weeks ago.
I found out at 16 weeks with a private scan,
I too was so sure the baby was a boy as I felt different.

I was fine about another girl, it was my husband I felt for... Last baby and no boy.
But she is here and just perfect. I glad now she is a girl, I can't imagine her being a boy. I think your feelin will disappear and you will fall in love with your new baby just like you have with your others.
Xx

thanku:) your so close to me..stevenage. i'm in welwyn :)

Aaah someone else in Herts! I agree with Jembug I had my 2nd DS just over 2 weeks ago I was team yellow as was worried I'd be disappointed if I found at at 20 weeks but now he is here I couldn't imagine having a girl instead! xx

I've just had my third and last baby- a third girl.
I too was a little dissapointed that I would never have a boy (especially as I alway saw myself with 3 boys!), but after finding out, I got more used to the idea.

I think I finally became 'happy' with the idea once I felt her move and when my other girls were so excited about having a little sister.

My husband is going to get himself a shed full of tools as somewhere to hide in the teenage years!

Give it time. I'm glad I found out and was able to get used to the idea, rather than in being a shock on the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->