This craving sucks

wilson3249

Reaction score
I hate hate hate hate hate that we aren't allowed to eat cold deli meats!! Craving a cold turkey sandwich soooooooooooo bad and I don't want it warm, I want it cold! Come on baby, give me something else to want! :sad2:

I fix that issue for myself simply by heating it up to kill any listeria, then putting it back in the fridge or freezer just long enough until it cools back down- then eat it cold!

Its just not the same after heating, even cooled off again. There's just something about fresh sliced turkey on a sandwhich. Mmmmmm

Are you in the U.S.? It's not something we are told to avoid here in the UK.

I am missing Brie. I'm sure if I did eat it I would be fine but I don't feel comfortable taking the chance.

I've never heard you can't eat cold deli meats before. We've never been told to avoid it anyway. I ate it all through my last pregnancy and have done in this one. Main things to avoid in the UK are soft cheeses such as blue cheese

If its from a deli where its freshly sliced I think you're okay. Im pretty sure the warning is more for packaged meats

Your odds of getting listeria from the occasional sandwich are about nil, I say go ahead and do it.

I'm craving and eating sushi. My gynae and midwife bothsaid it is fine as long as it is from a reputable and trustworthy place. I've also had "deli meat".. (salami). Brie and camembert is fine too.. as long as it is pasteurised.

All I want is coffee and lots of it. Decaff just doesn't cut it for me :(

I still eat deli meat ! Only freshly sliced from the deli market , and as soon as it hits the best before date I toss it

Not sure I can agree about the Brie and Camenbert, pasteurisation won't help, it's the fact that it's a mould ripened cheese that is a big problem. Everything else mentioned differs from one country to the next so I couldn't say confidently if it were safe or not but mould ripened cheese is def a no no

Yes I'm in the US, I'm definitely gonna ask my doctor about it next week at my ultrasound appointment! Thank you ladies!!!

My OB has deli meat on the NO list as well. :( Sucks... my last pregnancy all I wanted was a Spicy Italian Subway...

Oh no, I hope I can get it okay'd!! Subway sounds pretty awesome!

I'm not supposed to have it either, but I still do have an occasional Subway sandwich....

The main reason is out of listeria concerns. You are more likely to get that from fresh fruits/veggies from contaminated soil. It isn't on my list of restricted foods from my midwife.

I LOVE SUBWAY! Can't get enough of the chicken teriyaki with a tonn of veggies (especially loads of cucumber) mayo and honey sesame sauce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->