This is a bit embarrassing...

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
I have to ask though. Last night DH and I went out to eat at a sit in restaurant and during the night I kept waking up with horrible cramps. I thought it might have been something I ate, which didn't really make sense since DH didn't get it even though we had the same thing. Maybe I simply over ate?

It felt like the cramps I get when I have diarrhea except I didn't get diarrhea, but I did poo (sorry about the tmi). They are contraction-like in intensity in that I would be fine for about a minute or two, then I would cramp up for about 30-45 seconds. It became so bad that I had to take ibuprofen to make it to where I could get some sleep. Tylenol doesn't do anything for me when it comes to cramping.

I'm worried that the ibuprofen I took may prevent implantation. I'm still having the cramping now but they are more tolerable with the lowest dose of ibuprofen and there is a dull ache in my lower pelvis, around my uterus area. Hoping they will go away by tomorrow so I don't have to keep taking it. Has anyone had an experience like this or know if the ibuprofen would affect implantation?

Hi, it cud be implantation? I have been taking ibuprofen as well for a uti and was wondering ghe same thing. Fingers crossed it wont. Xo

Sounds like ibs. I have it now, didn't suffer from it till I got pregnant with dd2 then all of a sudden I would get horrendous contraction like cramps. Rang the labour ward up a few times thinking I was in early labour! They didn't go once I gave birth though I'm still suffering now 3 years on. I get 'attacks' between ovulation and af. For me it's defo connected to hormonal changes and sometimes my stomach can sound like thunder mid cramp

It's really hard to prevent implantation. You have to be on a large dose of hormones (ie birthcontrol) to prevent implantation.

Thank you all for your responses. Hollyrose I'm so sorry you have to take it for uti. I had one this past year and remember how painful it was. Dinky, I was thinking IBS too. Our bodies change with each pregnancy, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. I don't think it could be implantation because I'm only 6 dpo and in 5 pregnancies I've never had it hurt like this before, but I guess anything is possible. Has anyone ever had what I've experienced and go on to have a BFP in the past?

As to the ibuprofen, I didn't know if it would change my uterine lining since I heard taking low dose aspirin can cause it to thicken so I was wondering if ibuprofen would do the same. I doubt it could have much of a negative impact because I'm sure a lot of girls take it before they even know they were pregnant, but I wanted to hear everyone else's input to be safe then sorry. I've only taken three low dose pills so far in the course of a 24 hour period.

I have to apologize lilmisscavier, I started doing some research because it got me curious. I read that because it is an antiinflamatory it actually can interfere with implantation and prevent ovulation. I would stay away from it when TTC. However I am not a pharmacist or a doctor so I would give your doctor a quick call and ask.

No hard feelings :flower: I appreciate the research, Rei. Thank you for letting me know. I haven't had to take any more ibuprofen since and thankfully the cramping is gone today, whatever it was caused from. It left me with very sore abs, like I did 100 situps. My uterus area below my belly button feels tender and there is an almost constant pinching type pain in the left side of my pelvis. Fx that the few pills I took didn't affect anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->