This is a cruel joke! *Rant*

CassieSims

Reaction score
Agh! Not only am I pregnant and suffering from morning sickness, but now I have a cold as well. I am so exhausted in general and last night I woke up every hour and only slept for about 5 hours. I feel miserable. I took Claritin D last night and it did nothing :( I want my aspirin or aleve! >_<

DH already feels neglected though he's being so good to me I know he's hurt that I'm not as cuddly and attentive the last few weeks.. I can't eat, I can't sleep, I had to call in sick from work and I feel so guilty every time I look at my hubby. And now I have the added stress of wondering how my rainbow is coping with me being sick. Ugh. Rant over.

Firstly bubs will be fine and won't be bothered by your cold. Secondly poor you, it's rotten having a cold and not being able to take anything. Don't know where you are and if you have it but I used Vicks vapour rub to at least help me sleep.

As for your DH, don't feel guilty. You feel like hell and I'm sure he doesn't really want you to be sick on him. Just tell him you can make it up to him when you've finished feeling rubbish and I'm sure he'll cope. My DH is asking before he even touches me at the moment!

I feel ya. I've got a stinking cold, too. You can take paracetamol while pregnant.

Oh I hear ya, I've been hit with laryngitis. Can't talk much, coughing my lungs up practically and my 3yo wants to be played with allllll the time. He gets irritated when I need to sit down all the time instead of helping him with his games.

Unfortunately partners usually get a little neglected during the first weeks of a pregnancy, but I feel like they just need to 'man up' about it a little. We're the ones feeling miserable, the least they can do is be a little patient. It doesn't last forever and some men can be such drama queens! Maybe if you give him some info on when first trimester symptoms are likely to go away he'll have a better understanding of what's going on? Worked for my DH.

Poor you! When I was pregnant with my son I had norovirus and I felt like I was going to actually die! Even with that though, the mw told me it wouldn't affect the baby (and it didn't, he's fine!) I agree with the others, husbands just need to accept that they aren't going to get your attention for a while. You're growing an entire human being so you're going to need to prioritise that over anything or anyone else. I feel guilty about not having enough energy to do stuff with my kids. Unlike my DH they are not old enough to understand but at the end of the day, it isn't forever, there will be plenty more good times ahead when you feel like yourself again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->